제 1.3 장: When did you become a fan- last week?

Chrome Heart

I patted the pockets of his jeans, still nothing. I slid my hand gently in his back pockets and my hang met something. I lean a little more for better access, one hand still on his chest.

  • 당신은 뭐 해요? (Dangsineun mwohae yo? What the hell are you doing?) 

Something else there's to know about me was that when I was nervous, I had spasms in my hands. That is why, instead of backing off to calmly explain the situation to an irritable and explosive Kwon Ji Yong, I found myself pressing his chest and buttocks.

  • 야! 미친 여자! 변태 여자! (Ya! Michin yeoja! Byeontae yeoja! Eh! Crazy girl! ert girl!) 

He pushed me violently, and stared at me with disgust. I raised my hands to defend myself.

  • Kwon Ji Yong-ssi...it's not what... 
  • 나에게서 잡아! 미친 사람! (Naegeseo jaba! Michin saram! Get away from me! You crazy person!) 

I opened my mouth to defend myself but all I managed to do was shaking my head and hands.

  • 아니요!(Aniyo ! No) 아니요! 그것은 정말 싫어를! (Aniyo! Geugeoseun jeongmal silhoneun! No! It’s really not like that!).
  •  And I completely don't care. I'm calling the police

He took out his cell from his jacket pocket and I stop myself from hitting my forehead. I forgot to look there.

  • 당신은 멀리 못하고있어 (Dangsineun meolli moshago isseo! You're not getting away with that!) 

He grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving, as if I could even if I wanted to, and dialed a number.

  • Hello police? I just got ually assaulted. Can you come ?

ual assault ?? That was a bit too much! I opened my mouth to protest but Ji Yong tightened his grip on my arm.

  • 제발서둘러(Jebal seodullo. Please hurry) 

 

2 days later....

The elevator opened and Ji Yong could not help to stiffen a bit by seeing the young woman in front of him. Her face was ashen and he wondered if she was sick. He cast a discreet glance at his watch. It was past midnight. Where the hell she’s coming from at that time? She got into the elevator, head down, not even sparing him a look. He surprised himself by looking at her and taking in all the details: a beautiful caramel color, almost golden, as those baguette bread sticks he had eaten the last time he had been to France. Long mid hair, slightly curly, short stature, a firm body, attractive. She was rather pleasant on the eyes ... He jumped unpleasantly when she suddenly turned to him and blushed a little as if he have been caught doing something bad. She sighed in frustration and pressed the stop button.

  • M...M...뭐? (Mwo? What?) he asked nervously
  • Kwon Ji Yong-ssi! The police said that I was not a sasaeng and that I indeed lived in this building! So please, stop looking so scared every time you see me! 제발! 나 에게 그런 부탁 을 해! (Jebal! Naege geureon butakeun hae! Please! Do Me That favor!)

He felt like the last morons when tears began to flow down her cheeks.

  • 오늘을 최악의 날이 었다! (Oneul eun choeagui nali eossda ! Today was the worst day ever!) Nothing went as planned and the worst...the worst....최악의 (choeagui. The worst)...is that I got called a "really rude and insolent girl" by an old lady because ... because I did not want to give a piece of my sandwich to a pigeon. Those damn assassin pigeon!

She was sobbing and crying with her head in her hands. Ji Yong really did not know what to do. He advanced a little and patted her shoulder.

  • 울지마(Uljima. Don’t cry.) Things will get better. You'll see. Dont' cry... 

But she continued crying relentlessly and Ji Yong found himself taking her in his arms. She trembled violently and he pressed her against him. After several minutes, the sobs subsided and she calmed down. Yet he did not let go and she did not push him. They remained tangled in the cabin, suspended between floors.

  • 더 나은 어떠세요?? (Deo naeun eotteoseyo ? Are you feeling better?)
  • 네.고마워요 (Ne. Gomawoyo. Yes. Thank you)

They remained entwined without one of them saying something. Strangely, Ji Yong thought it was normal and it felt good. A voice rang out suddenly in the cockpit.

  • 저기요.당신은 괜찮으세요?? (Jeogi yo. Dangsineun gwaenchaneuseyo? Excuse me. Are you okay?

Ji Yong released the girl hurriedly. He had completely forgotten about the CCTV in the elevator. The woman wiped her eyes and pressed the start button. They quickly reached the 8th floor and went down. Still without a word, they went to their units. Before getting in, Ji Yong turned and his heart sank a little by  looking at the slightly arched back of his neighbor.

  • 저기요,이름이 뭐예요?(Jeogi yo, ireumi muoye yo? Excuse me. What’s your name?) 

She looked at him, surprised. Then a smile split her face and Ji Yong found himself thinking that she was adorable.

  • 내이름은 (Nae ileumeun. My name is.) Anna. Allen Anna. 만나서 반가워요 Kwon Ji Yong-ssi. (Mannaseo bangawoyo. Nice to meet you). 

I covered my mouth suddenly and turned my frightened eyes to Kwon Ji Yong. Without a word, I quickly typed my code and entered my apartment without looking back. I leaned on my door with a beating heart. But how could I be so dumb! How could I give him my name? What if he remembered his bracelet and me? All this was just going to prove that I was a sasaeng and this time I would be put in jail for good. Last time, I was released because I treated the daughter of a senior police officer. I took my head in his hands, groaning and reciting all the prayers I knew.

Ji Yong remained planted there, not sure what had happened. He just asked her her name. Why did she panicked? He got into his apartment and decided he was too tired to think about the stupidities of his neighbor and perhaps sasaeng paen.

Two hours later, Ji Yong stood up suddenly from his bed.  Allen Anna !! The crazy woman who had braked his bracelet!

 

3 weeks later....

I smiled absently at Shin Wong Bin. I looked around, trying not to look too out of place. So that was the life of a 재벌 (Jaebeol. Conglomerate).

  • You like ? The food here is fantastic.

I could not restrain a smile at the delighted air on my friend face. I looked again around me and shook my head. It was truly a privilege to be there. I let the task to choose our food to Wong Bin. While he tasted the wine, I let my eyes wander around the room. Everything exuded luxury, money and ... .G-Dragon !!

I opened my eyes wide and quickly looked away. Nobody knew about my misadventure and if he had really forgotten me, I did not want him to see me, to remembered me, to get angry and then to ask me money for his bracelet. Wong Bin raised a curious eyebrow.

  • Are you okay Anna-ssi? You look feverish.

I had a chuckle and tooked my glass of water to calm down. Maybe he did not even recognize me. After everything that had happened between us, I hoped he would not make a scene here. He really was going to believe that I was following him everywhere! I bit my lip, casting a furtive glance in the direction of GD. He was accompanied by four young men that I recognized as the other members of Big Bang.

  • I did not know that you were a  K-pop fan commented Wong Bin smiling ... I kind a know the members of Big Bang ... I can introduce you if...
  • 안돼 (Andwae! No)  I…I….안돼! (Andwae. No!). I'm not a fan ... I did not even know them 2 months ago.

Won Bin raised an eyebrow sipping his glass of wine.

  • You did not know Big Bang? Anna-ssi, I heard you sing "Fantastic Baby" several times ... and you did not know it was them. he conclude seeing my incredulous face.

He broke into a merry laugh and stood up.

  • Give me a minute, I will come back to you immediately.
  • Wong Bin-ssi, I…no…I don't want to…Wong Bin-ssi…

Without casting me a glance, I watch as Wong Bin approach the Big Bang’s table with horror. I saw them get up to bow down to him and I wanted to be buried at least 6 meter deep when he pointed a finger in my direction. I swear I pulled a muscle in my neck when the five young men turned to look at me. I fixed an imaginary point right in front of me and gulped down my glass of wine. And of course my head started spinning a little. I was not a big drinker.

A moment later, Wong Bin came back and for the first time, I felt like throwing him a well-placed punch.

  • Anna-ssi, good news. Big Bang invite us to their table. Let's go.

Willingly or unwillingly, I had to get up and follow him. I prayed to all the gods that I knew that GD would not recognize me. The first time that we saw each other, it was in a poorly lit basement, I wore jeans and a simple white tank, tennis, no makeup and hair in a loose bun, the second time, I got treated like a sasaeng paen and was dragged to the police station and the last time he had embraced me and I gave him my name… but now, I wore a short strapless dress, black, red stilettos, a makeup and my hair floated freely on my shoulders. Even Wong Bin, who was with me almost every day, told me that I looked different. There was no possibility for GD, whom I met for a total of 20 minutes, to recognize me.

With that thought, I could sketch a more natural smile as I approached the Big Bang table.