제 1.1장: When did you become a fan- last week?

Chrome Heart

Ji Yong looked at the blue pearl of his bracelet disperse everywhere around him. He looked up at the young woman who still held him by the wrist.

  • 뭐 하시는 거예요? (Mwo hajineun geoyeyo? What are you doing ?) He asked in a cold voice.

 The woman released him and stared in panic. Despite this, she still tried to block his way.

  • 미안해요(Mianhae yo. I’m sorry)  she whispered  but you still have to listen to me

GD felt his blood boil with anger. Where the hell was his manager? For the least twenty minutes, this crazy woman was talking a bunch of nonsense that had nothing to do with him and now she even broke his bracelet. 

He raised his hand to silence her.

  • 아가씨! (Agassi! Miss). Ido not understand a word of what you're saying and I'M NOT Kang Ji Yong...Do you really not know you I am?

She looked at him suspiciously and sighed

  • I understand that this is a shock for you, but your ex-wife suffers from schizophrenia and she escaped from the hospital. We need your help to....

  • I'm not married and I've never been.

  • Kang Ji Yong-ssi...

  • Kwon Ji Yong. My name is KWON Ji Yong and this bracelet you just break costs a fortune. How are you going to compensate me?

She raised an eyebrow sarcastically. She did not believe him. He sighed in frustration. He was in the basement of the KBS station and waiting for his manager to leave when this girl had intercepted him. Thinking it was a fan, he smiled at her and that was his perdition. She confused him with someone else and would not let go of him. 

  • By the way, 누구시죠? (Nugusijyo? Who are you?).

  • Ah, I'm Anna, Allen Anna. I'm your ex-wife psychologist

She pulled out a business card from her bag and he took it. Seoul National University Hospital. He raised an eyebrow. Didn’t she have to be smart to work there? 

  • G-Dragon !! 오빠!!! (Oppa! Boy friend)

A horde of hysterical girl went running into the parking lot and circled them quickly. Meanwhile, GD saw his van appear with relief. His manager quickly opened the door. Before getting into the car, he leaned over and whispered to the young woman who seemed taken aback.

  • I will contact you soon for the bracelet.

After a final smirk, he went away. I looked at the van getting away feeling stupid. What the hell just happened? I grabbed the arm of one of the young girls holding a sign.

  • What the..Who was...What...

The girl pulled away and threw me a hateful look.

  • Ya !! Why were you with GD oppa? And why he was talking to you?

  • GD oppa? I repeated, not sure what she meant.

The girl lost patience.

  • Ye! She yelled drawing attention to us. Big Bang G-Dragon. Why was he with you?

Big Bang? G Dragon?

  • Euh…Kang Ji Yong ?

  • Aish!! 이아줌마 (I Ajumma! Ah!! This lady!) It's not Kang Ji Yong,it't Kwon Ji Yong. Big Bang…몰라요 ? (Mollayo? Don’t you know?)

She looked at me with pity and shook her head before moving, leaving me stuck in the middle of parking. Big Bang? I was foreign, it is true, but even if I lived under a rock, I would have know who was Big Bang, one of the most influential group of K-pop and this, in several areas: music, film, music, fashion, CF and more. Name it and Big Bang would have done it. I looked around me and a blue pearl caught my attention. I bent down and picked it up. A fortune?

I felt a cold sweat running down my back. I stooped and gathered up all the beads that I could find. It is true that my work paid me well but I did not have a fortune, especially not to buy a bracelet! A shining object on the ground caught my attention. I took it and had to suppress a groan. It was a silver skull and the letters GD were engraved on it. Just with one look, I could guess that it was pure silver.

I quickly left the parking garage and took a taxi to go to the hospital. I had not found Kang Ji Yong KBS as I thought, my patient was still lost in the wild and now I had broken the bracelet of a K-Pop idol. My day could not get worse.

                                                                                  BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB*BB

They’re one of the biggest boy bands in the world. Their concerts make One Direction’s look poorly attended. Compared with their fans, Beliebers seem halfhearted. Name: Big Bang Debut: August 2006.  Labels SM Entertainment and JYP established themselves as leaders in the K-Pop industry with boy groups such as H.O.T and G.O.D after the initial explosion of popularity in the modern music movement in the late 90s, but behind the scenes, hip-hop/R&B based label YG Entertainment was building what would become one of the most popular and artistically respected groups in the history of K-Pop. Young trainees G-Dragon and Taeyang turned to the label to make their dreams of being hip-hop stars a reality. T.O.P was pulled from the underground rap scene, and Seungri from a local dance team. Daesung's vocal power blew everyone away in an open audition for the company. 

Years later, Big Bang has become the most popular hip-hop influenced boy band in South Korea, launched as top Hallyu idols in Japan, and established lucrative solo careers for each of the five members of the group. Their reach has become increasingly global with every year, with member G-Dragon regularly collaborating with Western artists and T.O.P recognized as one of Rolling Stone's Hottest Symbols of 2013. Whether as a group or soloists, the music released from Big Bang dominates the charts. The members are frequently cited by rookies as their number one influences. Their songwriting and production abilities are legend, making them among the most creative and artistically-driven mainstream acts in South Korea. Big Bang also established YG Entertainment as one of the top three major players in the K-pop industry, paving the way for girl group 2NE1 and rookies WINNER and iKon.

G-Dragon initially recommended T.O.P for a YG audition, but he was rejected for being overweight. Not to be deterred, T.O.P dropped twenty pounds in forty days and re-auditioned. In spite of his super-romantic singles, Taeyang gets incredibly nervous around girls. His first kiss was in the "Ma Girl" MV! G-Dragon is recognized as one of South Korea's top songwriters, is a highly sought after collaborator, and is an international style icon. It is highly suspected that he has more fanboys than any other male performer in the industry. Though most K-Pop groups are expected to dance, Big Bang is not known for having many routines, particularly since G-Dragon and T.O.P are somewhat of dancing black holes. Taeyang and Seungri are both good dancers, however, and will include dancing into their MV appearances. Despite having many difficult things happen in his life, Daesung is admired by fans for always wearing a smile and displaying his bright personality. T.O.P is one of the highest paid celebrities in the K-Pop industry, regularly earning in the millions for his endorsements and acting appearances. YG Entertainment's CEO Yang Hyunsuk is one of the most intimidating and strict personalities in the industry, but G-Dragon has grown to command his respect over the years with his artistry and talent.

I put down the file I had in hand and breathed slowly to calm down. I looked up with a natural look – I hope so- to the secretary of the department.

  • As always, a great job Kim Mi Yong-ssi. Very detailed. Thank you.

  • Allen Anna-ssi, why do you want to know who Big Bang is? 당신 팬 인가요? (Dangsin paen ingayo? Are you a fan?)

I gave her a smile and without answering, holding the file against my heart, I went back to my office where I dropped down on my chair. On the name of God, how could this happen? Two days ago, Kang Ji Yong had come on his own to the hospital and I knew that he worked in the maintenance department of KBS and of course he look nothing like G-Dragon.

I took my head in my hands, groaning. What I should do? I cast an anxious glance to my phone. Nothing. No calls. Maybe he will not even call or maybe he was lying about the value of the bracelet. After all, how much could a pearl bracelet worth? And they were too blue these beads, I was sure it was fake…Right?

I calm my breath and stood up, confident. Yes, he had just said that to scare me. He would not call.