HyukBin 11

Love, Hyogi

There lived a family in the nation of Oden. This family was royalty, loved by their people and nations that knew of them and yet to know.
This family is the Royal Han family, with Han Jiwook as the reigning king, Han Sunghyun as the queen, Prince Han Jaehwan and Prince Han Sanghyuk as the nation’s beloved princes. Jaehwan and Sanghyuk are known to be the kindest men women have met, the most generous children the less fortunate were blessed with, and two of the most handsome men anyone has laid their eyes on. With their tall height and artwork-like visuals, Jaehwan and Sanghyuk surprised the nation with their wish to find their true love to wed.

“Are you sure that you both don't want us to help you find a bride?” Queen Sunghyun softly asked. Sanghyuk smiled and shook his head. “Umma, I’m fine with waiting. I want to be sure about the person I want to marry. And besides, isn't that what you and Appa want for me and Jaehwan Hyung?” The Queen smiled and nodded. “I guess you're right. I’ll go and tell your father then.” Sanghyuk smiled softly and kissed his mother on the cheek. “Don't worry about me too much, okay? I’m twenty one, legal age. I know what I'm getting into.” The Queen chuckled and nodded. “Just don't be an idiot like your father.” Sanghyuk laughed while a scowl was heard from the door of the youngest prince’s room. “Appa!” Sanghyuk happily called out. “And Hyung. Don't forget Hyung!” Jaehwan chirped behind their scowling father. “Since when was I an idiot when I was Sanghyuk’s age?” The King whined to his wife. Sanghyuk and Jaehwan laughed at their parents bickering, shaking their heads at their mother’s sarcastic replies and their father’s whining.

 

A week later
Today is one of those days when Jaehwan decides to drag his lazy brother out to walk in the central gardens. “Hyung, why do I have to come along?” Sanghyuk whined as Jaehwan dragged him towards their favorite place. Jaehwan grinned at his taller brother, tugging excitedly at the larger hand. “The gardens have bunnies today! It's the start of Spring, Hyogi!” Jaehwan reminded. Suddenly, Sanghyuk stopped whining at the mention of his favorite animal. “Bunnies?! Why didn't you tell me? Let's go!” Sanghyuk said, running with his brother.
Once the two arrived in the garden, Sanghyuk immediately took his place in the middle of the flower patches, embracing the rabbits that greeted him. “Hyung, look!” Sanghyuk happily said as his brother approached him. Jaehwan chuckled and took a seat beside the younger Prince. “You're forever a child, Hyukkie.” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes. “Whatever. As long as I get to play with these balls of happy fluff, I’m good.” Jaehwan chuckled and shook his head. “Hey, isn't that Lee Hongbin?” Jaehwan asked, eyeing the beautiful maiden that took a stroll with another girl. Sanghyuk hummed, eyeing the beautiful fairy that caught his heart in a second. “That’s Lee Hongbin?” Sanghyuk softly asked. Jaehwan smiled and nodded. “It's her.” Jaehwan said before grinning knowingly. “Why? Do you like her?” Sanghyuk turned pink and shook his head. “I do not. Stay here, I’ll greet her.” Sanghyuk said, causing Jaehwan to snort. “Sure you don't.” Sanghyuk ignored his brother and walked to the beautiful maiden.
“Oh, it's the Prince!” The maiden with Hongbin exclaimed. Hongbin looked up and smiled politely. “Good Morning, Prince Sanghyuk.” The two maidens greeted with a bow. Sanghyuk smiled softly and nodded. “A lovely day to you too, M’ladies.” Sanghyuk softly said, taking Hongbin’s hand in his before kissing it. “Maid Hongbin, I presume?” Hongbin’s cheeks turned pink at the silky voice of the tall Prince, and nodded. Sanghyuk smiled softly. “It would be an honor if you grace me with a morning walk? That is if your sister does not mind?” Sanghyuk asked, looking at the two maidens. The older one giggled. “Your Highness, please do address me as Maid Taekwoon. And yes, I entrust my younger sister in your hands.” Taekwoon softly said. Hongbin slightly glared at her sister before turning her gaze to the handsome prince. “Y-your Highness, do you not worry for what the other commoners would think?” Hongbin timidly asked. Sanghyuk chuckled and shook his head. “I care not of what they would think, rather I care of what you would think of me as we take a walk around the gardens.” Hongbin smiled shyly. “I would love to take a walk with you.” Sanghyuk smiled warmly and gently tugged her along. “I shall bring her back before noon, Maid Taekwoon.” Taekwoon smiled and nodded.

 


Sanghyuk felt his heart skip so much beats, he almost feared that he was having some kind of odd heart attack. Almost. Who wouldn't, when you're holding hands with the most beautiful maiden in your nation?
“Maid Hongbin, might I know how young you are?” The Prince asked. Hongbin smiled. “I’m turning twenty three this year, Your Highness.” Sanghyuk smiled and kissed the fair maiden’s hand. “Two years older than I.” The prince softly said. Hongbin blushed, looking down albeit bashful. “May I call you Noona?” The prince asked. Hongbin turned pinker than the dress she wore, and nodded. “Y-you may.” Sanghyuk smiled softly and gently caressed the maiden’s cheek with the back of his hand. “You're beautiful.” Hongbin smiled shyly. “Th-thank you, Your Highness.” Sanghyuk chuckled and gently cupped the older girl’s chin with his fingers, lifting her head up. “Call me Sanghyuk.” Hongbin smiled softly. “Sanghyuk.” She softly said, liking the way his name rolled out of her lips. Sanghyuk smiled softly and eyed her pink lips. Hongbin noticed and smiled shyly. “We should go back. My sister might be waiting for me, and His Royal Highness Jaehwan might be waiting for you as well.” Hongbin softly said, not wanting the Prince to be caught kissing someone he just met. Sanghyuk smiled and softly placed a kiss on her forehead. “I do hope you will allow me to take you for more walks, Noona.” Hongbin giggled softly, hand covering as she does and nodded. “That would be wonderful, Sanghyuk.” Sanghyuk grinned before walking them back to where their older siblings may be waiting for them, their hands intertwined with one another.

The sight that greeted the two was something they did not expect. Sanghyuk raised a brow while Hongbin hid her face in the tall prince’s arm. “I did not expect you and Maid Taekwoon to know each other, Hyung.” Sanghyuk said with a grin. Jaehwan and Taekwoon pulled away from their passionate kiss, eyes wide in alarm. “S-Sanghyuk!” Jaehwan started, pulling Hongbin’s older sister close to him. “Don't tell our parents.” Sanghyuk tilted his head. “Why not? You love her, don't you?” Jaehwan gazed lovingly at the shorter girl and nodded. “I do. I just can't bear having our parents question her when they find out.” Jaehwan murmured, gently brushing Takewoon’s hair away from her face. Taekwoon smiled softly and leaned into the hand that cupped her cheek. “You do not resent us, Prince Sanghyuk?” Taekwoon softly asked, shifting her focus from her lover to her lover's younger brother. Sanghyuk smiled softly and gently squeezed Hongbin’s hand. “I don't. I have no reason to be resentful, for I have fallen for someone.” Sanghyuk said, smiling down at a blushing Hongbin. Jaehwan and Taekwoon chuckled. “I suggest the four of us go back to the Palace and spend the rest of our day there.” Jaehwan suggested, hugging Taekwoom by the waist. Sanghyuk smiled and nodded at his brother before shifting his soft gaze to Hongbin. The smallest female smiled and nodded as well, moving closer to the youngest Prince.

 

 

Five years later
The people of Oden cheered for their new Kings and Queens, clapping as the Head Minister presented the four royalties. “I present you His Royal Majesties, King Jaehwan and King Sanghyuk with their Royal Consorts Her Royal Majesties Queen Taekwoon and Queen Hongbin!” The people happily cheered and wished the four royals best of luck and graces. Jaehwan and Sanghyuk smiled at their consorts before smiling at their people, the four waving to them all.

“Congratulations on your coronation!” Jaehwan’s Head Guard, Kim Wonshik, said as he patted his childhood friend on the back. Jaehwan chuckled and gave the slightly youger man a hug. “Thanks, Shikkie! How's Hakyeon Noona?” Wonshik smiled and nodded. “She’s currently with Her Royal Majesties. Although, I worry about her. She’s only a month away from delivering our first son.” Wonshik said softly, worry evident in his face. Jaehwan chuckled and gave a pat on the taller man’s shoulder. “There will be another coronation next year.” Jaehwan softly said. Wonshik gave him a curious look. “Ask Sanghyuk.” The older King said.
The younger King smiled as he stayed with his consort and sister by law, laughing when their General of the National Battalion nagged the two Queens. “Unnie, I don't think you sho—ah!” Hongbin whined in pain when the General neck-chopped her. “Nonsense! I have faced more irritating people than this during my pregnancy, Han Hongbin.” Taekwoon rolled her eyes and held the General’s arms. “Hakyeon, think about your son.” Taekwoon softly cooed. Hakyeon blinked and nodded. “Sorry, I completely forgot that my son doesn't need more stress. I’m already eight months, for goodness sake!” Hakyeon said, taking a seat on one of the chairs. Hongbin and Takewoon giggled and sat on either side of their new best friend. Sanghyuk chuckled and sat on the armchair his consort sat on, and placed an arm around Hongbin. Hongbin looked up and smiled softly. “My Queen.” Sanghyuk softly said, kissing the smaller girl. Hongbin smiled into the kiss, cupping the back of her husband's head and pulled him closer. “My King.” She softly said in-between their kiss. Sanghyuk chuckled and kissed his wife one last time before pulling away to whisper something into the older girl’s ear that made her blush. Hakyeon and Taekwoon smiled as they watched the younger couple giggle to themselves, unaware of the eldest King and his Head Guard walking towards them. “Unnie, I’ll be back.” Hongbin softly told her sister and the General. Hakyeon and Taekwoon smiled softly and nodded. “I’ll come along.” Sanghyuk softly said, following his wife. Jaehwan and Wonshik chuckled, sitting beside their respective consorts. “I'm guessing they want to try for the first prince or princess?” Jaehwan softly asked. Taekwoon giggled and shrugged. “Those two are very unpredictable, My King.” Hakyeon softly said, leaning her body against Wonshik’s. Jaehwan chuckled, hugging Taekwoon closer to him. “I wish them luck, then.” The eldest King said, causing laughter between the four of them.


Hongbin smiled as she felt Sanghyuk’s strong arms wrap around her waist, leaning into his embrace. “Sanghyuk, when do you think would be a good time to conceive?” The youngest Queen softly asked. Sanghyuk hummed in thought, resting his chin on her shoulder. “Any time is a good time to conceive, Love.” He softly said, kissing Hongbin’s cheek. Hongbin smiled warmly and plucked a pink flower from one of the bushes. “I do hope we get a daughter as our first child. I've always wanted one.” Sanghyuk chuckled and hugged her closer. “So have I, Noona.” Hongbin turned around and giggled as she placed the flower behind her King’s ear. “It would be interesting if she turned out to look exactly like you.” Hongbin softly said. Sanghyuk chuckled, kissing her softly. “Mother would love that.” Sanghyuk softly said. Hongbin smiled sympathetically, kissing her husband softly. “I’m sure she would. We can always bring our future daughters or sons to where their grandmother was laid to rest.” The Queen softly suggested. Sanghyuk felt his heart warm at his wife's words, and nodded. “I'd love that to happen soon.” He whispered, leaning his forehead on Hongbin’s. Hongbin smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around Sanghyuk’s neck. “Take me tonight. I’m ready.” Hongbin softly whispered, kissing Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk kissed back before pulling away. “Are you sure?” He asked. Hongbin smiled and nodded. “I want you, and I want to have children with you.” Hongbin said, voice lacing with confidence. Sanghyuk smiled and nodded. “Tonight, then. When everyone else has gone to sleep.” Sanghyuk affirmed, kissing his wife. Hongbin hummed in agreement to the plan, both hearts fluttering in anticipation for the night and their wish for children.