ChaSang 8

Love, Hyogi

Hakyeon always knew that life was unfair. His life in elementary school was nothing normal, with his sister commuting suicide when he was in the fourth grade; teachers making him see them after class just so they could openly show their e intentions when he was on his way to his first year in Middle School; his childhood friend, Taekwoon suddenly leaving him for something when they were in the third grade. But that wasn't all, oh no. Hakyeon’s High School life was total hell. In his first year, he had to suffer the most unusual bullying from the jerks and es: bugs stuffed in his locker, a dead cat in his school bag, thumbtacks in his gym shoes. In his second year, the bullying lessened to insults that never amused not hurt him. Junior Year was the year he despised, with the number of s that fell for his pretty features going to him and ually assaulting him and the number of that did nothing but spread harmful tumors about how they love spending their nights—which never happened, with him. His Senior year was his blessing, with everyone in his batch too busy with making up for their horrible grades the past years and doing everything to graduate from the Hell Hole they all stayed in for four years. Yet, even after he left that Hell Hole, Hakyeon still gave up on humans and life.

That was how Hakyeon spent his life, until he crossed paths with Taekwoon and met his “Handsome as ” cousin, Han Sanghyuk. When Hakyeon met the younger male, he was shocked to know that Sanghyuk was five years younger than him and Taekwoon. “Blame it on the damn height genes.” Taekwoon would always tell him whenever Hakyeon would mindlessly mumble about Sanghyuk with a love struck expression on his face.
This went on for two more years in his college life, then the damn party happened. It was that damned party Hakyeon loathed up to this day. Actually, Hakyeon is currently in the party; standing near the couch as he sneered at the host of the damned party. “Jung Taekwoon, you stupid cat.” Hakyeon sneered, throwing his half-empty cup at Taekwoon’s head. Taekwoon whined, narrowing his eyes at Hakyeon. “You know, you could always stay in our room.” Taekwoon scowled. Hakyeon scowled back, flicking his so-called childhood friend on the forehead. “I would've locked myself in there the whole night if it weren't for your stupid boyfriend locking it and hiding the damn keys!” Hakyeon shouted over the music. Taekwoon rolled his eyes. “Come on, Yeon. I’m sure Hongbin had a good reason to do that.” Hakyeon sneered. “Of course you would think like that. He’s your boyfriend for SAKE!” Hakyeon screeched, throwing his arms up in defeat. Hakyeon didn't notice Sanghyuk standing right behind him, and accidentally back handing the poor tall guy. Sanghyuk groaned in pain, holding his face. Hakyeon turned around and gasped, his next reaction happening to be fussing over his love interest. “Sanghyuk! Oh my god, I'm so sorry!” Hakyeon said as he gently hugged the younger, bringing them to the couch. Sanghyuk smiled, despite the pain. And there's that damn fluttering in my chest. Hakyeon scowled to himself. “Don't worry, Hyung. I’m fine, though that backhand was really strong. I better make a note to never irritate you.” Sanghyuk joked. Hakyeon found himself giggling at that, completely ignoring Taekwoon’s amused expression. “Never knew someone would actually appreciate my back handing.” Hakyeon said with that beautiful smile Sanghyuk has been dreaming about. Sanghyuk found himself in a trance as Hakyeon smiled. Oh sweet baby nibbles, thank you so much for blessing my life with one of your most beautiful angels. Sanghyuk silently thanked the heavens as he drowned himself in love towards the tiny tanned male in front of him. Hakyeon blinked, unconsciously tilting his head to the side in confusion. “Hyuk? Hello?” Hakyeon softly called out, waving a hand at the smiling idiot. Sanghyuk shook his head to snap himself out of it and smiled shyly. “Sorry, you’re just really beautiful.” Sanghyuk said, mentally slapping himself when he blurted that out without thinking. Hakyeon turned a pretty shade of pink at the compliment, his heart beating wildly. “I-I…oh…uh…w-well you look handsome?” Hakyeon mentally socked himself in the face at his poor attempt to flirt back. Sanghyuk chuckled at the cute attempt, leaning over to place a soft kiss at the corner of the older male’s lips. “I’m sure we’ve both established that we like each other, though it wasn't really that classy since we clearly have not been in this boat at all—“ Hakyeon giggled. “—so, would you go out with me?” Sanghyuk finished, his larger hands holding Hakyeon’s smaller ones. Hakyeon smiled shyly and nodded. Sanghyuk grinned and kissed Hakyeon's small and pretty hands. “I’ll pick you up from your last class tomorrow.” Sanghyuk promised with that handsome smile on his face. Hakyeon nodded almost too eagerly, making Sanghyuk chuckle at the cuteness.

 

 

Two years later
Sanghyuk feels like he’s on cloud nine, his heart fluttering at the memory of Hakyeon agreeing to go out with him. Finally, after all those rejections I gave to those guys Taekwoon Hyung tried so hard to hook me up! Sanghyuk thought with a smug expression, earning a judge mental expression from his roommate and cousin, Jung Taekwoon and Lee Hongbin. “I think your best friend broke him.” Hongbin noted, curling up against Taekwoon. Taekwoon wrapped his arms around the smaller male, kissing Hongbin’s forehead. “I think Hakyeon broke first.” Taekwoon said with a nod. “Could you two not talk about me like that when I’m literally a couch away from you two saps?” Sanghyuk sneered. Taekwoon rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at his cousin. “Wait until you and Hakyeon Hyung reach your third year mark into your relationship. We’ll see who are the saps.” Hongbin sassed. Sanghyuk scowled at his supposedly best friend.

Hakyeon giggled as he softly kissed Sanghyuk’s cheek. “Stop frowning, you'll get wrinkles!” Sanghyuk chuckled at technically boyfriend. “When you have your cousin and his boyfriend as your roommates, you’ll feel my pain.” Sanghyuk said. Hakyeon giggled, poking Sanghyuk’s cheek. “It would help if you would just let them and you ignore them. They'll get tired of it, believe me.” Hakyeon said with a soft smile. Sanghyuk smiled back, softly kissing the older male. “Taekwoon Hyung will. Hongbin Hyung on the other hand is a different story.” Hakyeon giggled and rested his head on Sanghyuk’s shoulder. “He’s that insufferable?” Sanghyuk groaned, pulling Hakyeon to his lap and buried his face into Hakyeon’s neck. “You have no idea.”


Three years later
Hakyeon’s eye twitched in irritation as Hongbin kept throwing snarky remarks every now and then about him and Sanghyuk. “Hyukkie, I think I know how you feel.” Hakyeon hissed. Sanghyuk chuckled, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend and kissed him softly. “Welcome to my life.” Hakyeon giggled and kissed Sanghyuk’s jaw. “Now you won't have to suffer alone!” Hakyeon cutely beamed. Sanghyuk chuckled, pulling Hakyeon closer for a kiss. Hakyeon sighed and rested one hand on Snaghyuk’s chest and the other on Sanghyuk's jaw. Taekwoon smiled softly at the two as he kept shoving cereals into Hongbin’s mouth to keep his idiotic boyfriend from ruining the cute and sweet moment.
Once the couple broke away from their kiss, Sanghyuk softly smiled at Hakyeon. “I love you.” The taller male mouthed. Hakyeon grinned cutely, pink dusting his cheeks. “I love you too.” Hakyeon mouthed back. Sanghyuk chuckled, kissing his lover softly before lifting the older male into his arms. “We’ll be in my room if you need us.” Sanghyuk said, stopping to whisper in Taekwoon’s ear: “P.S, don't need us.” The taller said before walking away. Taekwoon shook his head with a smile before yanking Hongbin up. “Come on, Babe. Let's find that Dog Café you always wanted to go to.” Hongbin beamed at his boyfriend and dragged the older to the door excitedly, completely unaware of the other couples’s intentions once he and Taekwoon leave.