HyukBin 9

Love, Hyogi

“Hyukkie!” Hongbin giggled as her boyfriend twirled her. Sanghyuk chuckled, pulling the older girl into his arms before kissing her softly. “Happy Valentines Day, Noona.” Sanghyuk softly said kissing down her neck and the gold pendant that rested on her collarbones. Hongbin giggled, slapping Sanghyuk’s arm playfully. “Yah, keep it in your pants! I just want to have a cute and innocent date!” Hongbin playfully scolded. Sanghyuk chuckled, kissing Hongbin softly before taking her hand in his and walked them to the park. “Anything for you, Noona.”


Hongbin smiled sadly at the memory, thumb softly running across the picture she and Sanghyuk took on that day. The girl softly cried to herself as she recalled all the wonderful memories she had with the man she truly loved. “What went wrong, Sanghyuk-ah?” She softly asked no one, curling up in her bed and holding the picture to her chest.


Sanghyuk rolled his eyes, taking his jacket from the coat hanger by the door. “Look, I get that you're just looking out for me. But could you just keep your worrying to yourself? You're supposed to be my girlfriend, not my mother.” Sanghyuk hissed, shutting the door behind him. Hongbin whimpered sadly, biting her lower lip and hugged herself. “I just wanted you to be safe.” She softly said to herself, tears running down her face.
“Hongbin?” A soft voice called out from the living room. “In the room, Oppa.” Hongbin softly said, burying half of her face in Sanghyuk’s turtleneck collar. The man sighed at the sight in front of him, opening his arms for her to go into. Hongbin quickly ran into the taller male’s chest and cried. “Shh, you want to stay in the living room and talk about it?” He softly asked. Hongbin shook her head and pulled him to her bed. “Can we please stay here? I don't want to fall asleep in the couch.” The man chuckled and nodded, curling a stray hair behind Hongbin’s ear. “Tell Hakyeon Oppa what happened.” Hakyeon cooed as he held his ex-lover and best friend in his arms. Hongbin sobbed once again, pouring out the day’s events to the 2nd man she trusts. Hakyeon nodded, feeling pity for the young woman. “A-and I don't even know what I did that made him like that!” Hongbin whimpered, hands gripping Hakyeon’s arms. Hakyeon sighed softly, kissing the top of her head. “Maybe you two should talk about it? Maybe you two just had a misunderstanding.” Hakyeon suggested, rocking them side-to-side comfortingly. Hongbin sighed and nodded. “Maybe I should.” She softly said, eyes getting heavy. Hakyeon smiled softly at the beauty, leaning down to kiss her forehead softly. “I'll go when you sleep.” Hakyeon softly said. Hongbin sleepily nodded, cuddling up against the older male before slowly falling asleep.

Unbeknownst to the two, Sanghyuk watched them from the entrance to his and Hongbin’s room.

 

The very next day, Sanghyuk found himself hugging his girlfriend’s sleeping form close to him, silent tears of regret and guilt streaming down his face. “I’m so sorry, Noona.” He whispered, kissing Hongbin’s cheek softly. “I’m so sorry I was such a jerk to you.” Sanghyuk curled up against her. “Please don't leave me.” He softly begged. Hongbin thanked that she fell asleep on her side, back facing Sanghyuk. Hongbin bit her bottom lip to keep her from sobbing out loud, tears streaming down her face as well. “I love you, and only you.” Sanghyuk continued his soft ramblings. Hongbin couldn't take it anymore, turning over to kiss Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk’s surprise lasted for a second, the younger immediately kissing back and pulling Hongbin closer to him. “I love you.” Sanghyuk mumbled over and over again in-between his kisses. Hongbin nodded, rolling them over for Sanghyuk to hover above her. “Show me. Please.” She softly begged, wrapping her arms around Sanghyuk’s neck. Sanghyuk nodded softly, tears still in his eyes as he kissed her once again.

Sanghyuk and Hongbin spent the rest of their day in bed, making love.

 

“Why didn't you tell me sooner, Hyuk-ah?” Hongbin softly asked, hand gently caressing the cold marble. “I could have asked my brother to help you.” She said, tears flowing down her face.


“Noona, I'm sorry I didn't tell you.” Sanghyuk weakly said as he held his fiancée’s hand. Hongbin smiled softly, kissing Sanghyuk’s cheek. “I understand why you didn't want to.” She softly said, fighting back the tears. Sanghyuk weakly chuckled, pale hand cupping Hongbin’s cheek. “I wish we got married earlier.” Sanghyuk softly said. Hongbin smiled softly, hand resting on the hand that rested on her cheek. “Don't talk like that. We will.” Hongbin softly said, a tear escaping her eye. Sanghyuk smiled sadly. “I love you, Noona. Thank you for staying with me until the end.” Sanghyuk said, wheezing a bit. Hongbin, but her bottom lip as she went on full crying, the sound of Sanghyuk’s heart monitor screaming in her ears. “Sanghyukkie, I love you so much. Please don't leave me.” Hongbin begged as she heard the heart monitor stutter. Sanghyuk pulled her down for one last kiss, hand falling limp a few moments later. Hongbin sobbed, resting her forehead on Sanghyuk’s.
“Sanghyuk-ah!” She cried, struggling against the nurses’ hold as she watched the doctors roll her lover away. “Ms. Lee, please calm down.” Hongbin broke down, collapsing to the ground as she cried.

“She’s over here.” Jaehwan felt his heart break at the sight of his baby sister, quickly rushing to her side and hugged her. “Oppa, he's gone.” Hongbin sobbed. Jaehwan felt like crying as well. “Shh, he'll always be with you.” Jaehwan softly said, choking on his tears. Hongbin released a heart shattering sob, curling up into Jaehwan’s lap.


“Han Sanghyuk has been the greatest friend a guy like me could ever have.” Jaehwan started his speech, clearing his throat a bit. “Not only did he give me so much support while we were both in med school, but he also saved my sister from heart break. Sanghyuk’s been by mine and Hongbin’s side for over five years, and three days ago was the most agonizing day in both mine and Hongbin’s lives. It is really a shame that he had to leave us all too soon, but I would like to think that he wanted to rest from all the pain he felt.” Jaehwan paused for a moment to collect himself when he noticed his voice turning shaky. “Hyuk-ah, when you arrive at the golden gates, please put in a good word for me. Oh, and don't even think about teasing me while your up there.” The people chuckled at Jaehwan’s attempt at lightening the mood a bit.
The next one to give the speech was supposed to be Hongbin, but Sanghyuk’s parents insisted that they give it instead. “You need more time, Honey.” Sanghyuk’s mother said, hugging her self-proclaimed daughter-in-law. Hongbin smiled softly, thanking Mrs. Han. “You can take as long as you want, Sweetie. We know you and the little one took the most pain.” Mr. Han softly said as he laid a gentle hand on Hongbin’s head. “Can I give my speech before we lower his casket? I think I’ll be ready by then.” Hongbin softly requested. The parents nodded and hugged Hongbin. “Like I said, take your time.” Mr. Han said.

 

“Umma?” Hongbin smiled, opening her arms for her little angel to run into her arms. “Are we going to visit Appa with Uncle Jaehwan today?” Hongbin chuckled and nodded, kissing her son’s cheek. “Are you excited, Sangjin?” Sangjin nodded, an adorable smile that mirrored his father’s on his face.
“Appa!” Sangjin squealed, hugging the picture that was placed as Sanghyuk’s marker. Hongbin and Jaehwan chuckled at Sanghyuk’s mini-me and shook their heads. “Sangjin-ah.” Jaehwan called out. Sangjin giggled, sitting by his late father’s grave. “I bet you missed him a lot.” Jaehwan told Sanghyuk’s picture. Hongbin smiled softly, taking a seat beside her son. Sangjin grinned and sat on his mother’s lap. “Our little Sangjin’s been bugging me to take him here to see you, Hyukkie.” Hongbin softly said, hugging her mini Sanghyuk. Sangjin giggled and nodded. Jaehwan laughed at the cuteness of mother and son. “You are missing out on this, Hyogi.” Jaehwan softly said to himself as he watched Hongbin and Sangjin cutely bicker about what to tell Sanghyuk for today.