LUCK 5

Love, Hyogi

Day 1
Wonshik sighed as he leaned over the table to gently wipe his baby brother’s tears away with his handkerchief. “Hyukkie, please stop crying over him. He doesn't deserve you nor your tears.” Wonshik softly said, holding Snaghyuk’s shaking hands in his. Sanghyuk nodded, sniffling. “I-it hurts so much, Hyung. Why did he leave me?” Wonshik looked at his brother’s pained eyes, his eyes mirroring the younger's. “Because he’s a jerk. Even I can't believe he left someone who’s a rare gem like you.” Wonshik softly said, standing up before transferring to sit beside his brother. Sanghyuk softly sobbed, turning his body towards his older brother and cried his heart out on Wonshik’s dress shirt. Wonshik sighed, mentally vowing to kill Jung Taekwoon when he sees the older male, and hugged his baby brother closer.

Day 2
Sanghyuk knows he shouldn't be walking around the school campus like a zombie, but he couldn't find the strength to be his normal self. Hakyeon, his home room teacher, gave him worried glances all throughout their home room period. Hongbin and Jaehwan stayed with Sanghyuk the whole day, neither boy asking the maknae what happened.
“Sanghyuk-ah.” Sanghyuk froze at the voice he has been trying so hard to erase from his memories. “Taekwoon Hyung? What are you doing here?” Jaehwan asked in surprised. “Oh, I thought I saw Snaghyuk so I decided to come over here and see how’s he been.” Hongbin tilted his head. “I thought you said Hakyeon seonsaeng-nim is the jealous type?” Jaehwan asked. Sanghyuk slightly flinched at the reminder that he was Taekwoon’s “side-chick” and nothing more. Taekwoon shrugged, face void of any expression. “He knows he has nothing to be jealous of since I don't really date students.” Sanghyuk felt the cut in his heart grow deeper, further hiding himself under the table. “Taekwoon-ah! Where have you been?! Your music class starts soon!” Hakyeon’s voice called out, reminding the student-teacher about his schedule. “I gotta go. Tell Sanghyuk I said hi and to meet up with me sometime!” Taekwoon said before leaving the two students.

Day 3
Wonshik cringed as he stood behind his younger brother, his arms full of pictures and things Taekwoon gave Sanghyuk. “Are you sure this is ne—“ Wonshik was cut off when Sanghyuk grabbed all the pictures and threw them all in the fire-lit trash bin. “I'm sure, Hyung. As for the plushies, we can give it to Hongbin and Jaehwan’s younger sisters. I’m sure the kids will love the plushies.” Sanghyuk answered monotonously. Wonshik eyed his brother with pain and worry, his heart aching for his brother. “Whatever you say.”

Day 4
“Alright, you’re not telling me something. Spill.” Namjoo demanded. Sanghyuk sighed, throwing himself at his childhood friend’s bed before crying. Namjoo frowned, sitting beside Sanghyuk and softly rubbed his back. “I’m sorry if I asked a the wrong ti—“ “Taekwoon used me.” Namjoo’s eyes widened. “What?!” Sanghyuk sobbed, curling up into a ball with a pillow on his face. “Turns out I was just his ing side-chick in the end. He was already with Hakyeon seonsaeng-nim.” Namjoo’s frown turned deeper at that. “Well that was a move of him to do.” Sanghyuk nodded, turning a bit to lay his head on Namjoo’s lap. “I seriously just wish I chose Sungjae earlier.” Namjoon softly smiled at that. “Hey, it's never too late to try again.”

Day 5
Sanghyuk’s smile dropped when he saw an all too familiar face enter the café he and Sungjae were having their date in. “Hyu—oh.” Sungjae said, seeing Taekwoon standing in line, smiling while holding Hakyeon’s hand. “Hyuk, focus on me okay?” Sungjae softly said, gently taking Sanghyuk's face in his hands. Sanghyuk smiled a bit and nodded. “We’re here, together to help you erase him from your memories. You said it yourself that you wanted to forget about him and the pain he has caused you.” Sanghyuk giggled at that, causing Sungjae to smile softly. “Just focus on me—on us, okay?” Sungjae softly requested. Sanghyuk happily agreed, missing the longing look Taekwoon secretly gave him.

Day 10
Sanghyuk and Sungjae laughed as they walked to their next class, hands intertwined with each other. “I can't believe Hongbin Hyung actually fainted when you told them about us.” Sungjae said. “And I can't believe Eunkwang Hyung and Changsub Hyung cried when you told them about us.” Sanghyuk cackled. The two finally entered their Music class, taking their seat at their usual spot at the last row. “Mr. Han and Mr. Yook, would you two please come up here and tell us your report assignment?” Taekwoon called, shooting cold glares at Sungjae. The couple happily went in front and successfully told their report to the class, all who were eager to listen and interested in the topic.
As the two reported, Taekwoon kept his eyes on Sanghyuk, hoping that the younger would notice him again.

“Han Sanghyuk, please see me after class.” Takewoon said. Sungjae looked at his boyfriend in pure confusion, Sanghyuk equally confused. “Did I do something wrong, Sir?” He softly asked, tone respectful incase he might have done something. Taekwoon shook his head and waved his record book. “It's about your grades.”
Once the bell rang, all the students in Taekwoon’s class filed out, save for a nervous Sanghyuk. “I’m sorry if I didn't reach your standards, Mr. Jung. I promise I'll study ha—“ Sanghyuk was cut off when the teacher hugged him. “S-Sir?” Taekwoon frowned when he didn't feel the younger hug him back. “Why aren't you hugging me back? I thought you like me?” Sanghyuk blinked, tilting his head in confusion. “Sir, I don’t understand.” Sanghyuk honestly said. Taekwoon stared at the younger for a moment before looking away. “I can't believe you erased me from your memories, just like that.” Taekwoon mumbled before walking over to his desk. Sanghyuk stayed by the door, not moving. “Forget about that. Your grades are higher than I expected it to be. You’ll be tutoring some of the students who didn't meet the UPG for this class.” Taekwoon said before dismissing Sanghyuk.


A few years later
Wonshik smiled as he watched Sanghyuk and Sungjae feed each other from across him. His smile faded away when his phone rang an all too familiar ringtone. Wonshik excused himself form the table and went into the kitchen.
“Wonshik-ah, please hear me out.” Taekwoon’s pleasing voice came from the other line. “Why should I? You broke my Hyukkie’s heart once. Why do I need to hear whatever you need to say?” Wonshik replied coldly. “Wonshik-ah, please. I made a huge mistake. I realized Sanghyuk is really the only person who made me feel true love.” Wonshik scoffed, shaking his head at the older male’s words. “Don't you think it's too late? He’s over you, he already erased you from his life.” Wonshik said before hanging up.

Sanghyuk’s smile dropped when he received a message from a number he through the already forgot about. “Sungjae, I’ll be back. Hongbin Hyung might be suffocating from Jaehwan Hyung’s antics again.” Sungjae giggled and nodded, releasing his hold from Sanghyuk’s waist.
Once Sanghyuk got to the bathrooms, he felt his blood boil at the text message.

From: Unknown
Snaghyuk-ah, it’s Jung Taekwoon. Could we please meet up at the park, where we first met? I need to tell you something important.


Sanghyuk scoff at it a few minutes later, thumbs flying to the delete option and tapping delete. “Time for that jerk to erase me from his life this time.”