HyuKen 6

Love, Hyogi

“How could you do this to me?” Jaehwan demanded, tears streaming down his face as he looked at his supposedly wife and his supposedly best friend. “Oppa, I can explain!” Jaehwan shook his head and walked out of the room. “Oppa, please!” She begged as she quickly threw on a bathrobe and ran after Jaehwan. “We promised each other that we wouldn't go this far. I was fine when you told me that you took slight interest with Seokjin, but I didn’t expect you to go this far.” Jaehwan said, eyes narrowing at the younger girl. “I know it's unrealistic for us to control each other from looking at other people in that sense, I get that. But must you really go behind my back and my best friend? No, must you cheat on me? Am I not enough for you, to the point that you have to find someone else to give you the pleasure I’m supposed to give you?” The girl said nothing and looked down. Jaehwan scoffed and shook his head. “Unbelievable, Han Sanghyuk. Here, take this. I don't want it anymore.” Jaehwan said as he took off his ring. “You can take off yours as well. Do whatever you want with these two because apparently they don't matter to you anymore.” Jaehwan spat before leaving what used to be their house. “I’m sorry.” Seokjin softly said as he back hugged Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk sighed and shook her head, leaning into the broad chest. “It's not your fault.” She said before leading them back to what used to be her’s and Jaehwan’s bedroom.

 

Years later
“Oppa!” Jaehwan chuckled as he spun his girlfriend around. “If I drop this cake, I will cut you!” Kyungsoo threatened. Jaehwan smiled and kissed the tiny girl softly before placing her back on her feet. “You wouldn't. You love me too much!” Kyungsoo rolled her eyes and dragged her insufferable boyfriend into the venue where Sanghyuk and Seokjin were having their first baby shower.

Once the two arrive, Sanghyuk squealed and hugged the two. “I cannot believe you two lied to me! Especially you, Lee Jaehwan! You’re supposed to be my best friend!” Jaehwan chuckled and ruffled his former lover’s hair. “Where's the fun in that?” Sanghyuk sneered and turned to her husband. “Why is he so annoying?!” Seokjin chuckled and looked at Kyungsoo. “I don't know, either. Actually, I gave up on him. There's no point in keeping your hopes up on this one.” Kyungsoo mumbled. Jaehwan sneered. “Yah, Do Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo giggled evilly before linking arms with a very pregnant Sanghyuk. “Let's place the cake somewhere safe, yes?” Sanghyuk giggled at the suggestion and nodded, the two girls leaving their lovers.
“So, how are you doing?” Seokjin softly asked as he and Jaehwan sat on their table. Jaehwan smiled and nodded. “I'm doing well! I’m actually planning on proposing to my she-devil.” Seokjin grinned and gave a pat on Jaehwan’s back. “About time! Sanghyuk’s been telling me that Kyungsoo complained about how long it's taking you to propose to her.” Jaehwan chuckled, eyeing his tiny girlfriend who stood next to a giant Sanghyuk as they talked animatedly. “Did she? Well, one thing I hope is that she doesn't suddenly reveal that her father is Satan himself.” Seokjin snorted at the ongoing joke between their friends. “You tell me. Sanghyuk is like the demon goddess.” Jaehwan nodded in agreement. “Does she still use her cuteness agaisnt you?” Seokjin groaned and nodded. “Oh my , yes! How the hell did you even put up with her?” Jaehwan cackled. “When you have two best friends at are she-devils, you get used to it after a few weeks. I'm surprised you're still getting used to it.”


“Oppa, can I talk to you in private?” Sanghyuk softly asked. Jaehwan smiled and nodded, kissing Kyungsoo softly before following Sanghyuk. “Yes?” Sanghyuk smiled nervously before hugging her former lover. “I'm so sorry we had to end like that?” Jaehwan chuckled and ruffled Sanghyuk’s hair affectionately. “Sanghyuk, the past is past. I forgive you, and I’m more than excited to be your first child’s godfather! Plus, Kyungsoo is probably the best thing that saved me from all those years.” Sanghyuk smiled sadly at Jaehwan. “You really are the kindest person I have ever met, Lee Jaehwan. If it were anyone else that experienced what happened to us, I'm sure they wouldn't forgive me.” Jaehwan chuckled and gently the younger’s cheek. “Sanghyuk, stop beating yourself up for this. It was a mistake and people make them. What you did once doesn't define who you really are.” Sanghyuk felt herself tear up at Jaehwan’s sweet words. “Please, do me a favor and forget the past. Focus on the present.” Jaehwan softly requested, kissing her forehead. Sanghyuk nodded, wiping her tears. “Is this our final goodbye?” Sanghyuk softly asked. Jaehwan smiled softly and nodded. “Goodbye to being broken lovers, and hello to present best friends.” Jaehwan said. Sanghyuk giggled and hugged Jaehwan.
“So, how was the closure?” Seokjin asked, Kyungsoo leaned over to listen as well. Jaehwan chuckled and nodded. “Better than what I thought it would be.” Seokjin grinned and hugged his best friend. “That’s my boy!” Kyungsoo giggled and kissed Jaehwan’s cheek. “We can be happily engaged without you worrying about having a closure with Hyukkie, right?” Kyungsoo innocently asked, her eyes wide. Jaehwan chuckled and kissed Kyugsoo softly. “Definitely.” Jaehwan said, sending Sanghyuk a smile. Sanghyuk giggled and nodded, leaning her head on Seokjin’s shoulder.

 

You can't play on broken strings, when you can't feel anything.