Chapter 9

I'm Marrying You?!

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“Yes, I am.”

I looked up. Did I hear right? She’s jealous.

“Serin-ah, I li~”

“Who wouldn’t be? All these years I’ve been the only girl in your lives.”

Lives, meaning Yunho’s, Junsu’s, Yoochun’s and Changmin’s.

“I sound petty don’t i?” She nudged me. I tried to smile at her.

“But think about it, I have a right to be jealous, my guy best friend getting married to someone I don’t even know.” She nodded as she pushed my drink towards me.

Jaejoong, stop expecting. She loves you only as a friend.

“I hear wedding bells!” Yoochun said as he slung his arm around Serin.

“How did this happen?” I heard Yunho ask, finally someone sensible.

“Yeah, how did this happen?” It was Junsu this time.

“I just knew last night, mom and dad announced it.” I said.

“Last night? I received the invitation yesterday afternoon.” Junsu murmured.

“Well, it’s a Ho and Kim wedding, it has to be done fast.” Yunho nodded.

“But, it appears, Jaejoong hyung you stole something from our Minnie.” Yoochun said while taking a sip from his martini. I looked up Changmin was looking at me.

“I know, Min, I’m sorry, I should have~”

Then, he laughed.

“Hyung, I don’t like her that way, I just find her pretty, besides you match well with her.” He grinned; I picked up a lemon slice and threw it at him.

“This is great, Jaejoong’s getting married.” Serin said as she proposed a toast.

How could she say that? I felt numb. I honestly wanted to tell her that I love her, and I don’t want to get married to Ho Inhee. I tried my best to smile and clinked my glass with hers and the others.

 

Your POV

 

I woke up early this morning and decided to take a jog somewhere. I didn’t want to go to the fitness gym, people there will just ask me about the marriage thing.

UGGH, marriage. I shook my head as I changed into yellow racer back and a black shorts.

I checked my schedule while wearing my shoes.

LUNCH WITH PARENTS

DRESS FITTING

I sighed and placed the Iphone away from me. Sure, I’d love to see the dress, but I never knew I’d be fitting one so soon. I got my Jeremy Scott X Adidas jacket, you know the one with the wings on the hood, and went out of the house.

 

Running beside the Han River was the best. It was nice to feel the cool breeze hitting your face. I pulled my earphones out and sat down on the grass.

What to do? I’m getting married on Saturday, and today’s Thursday. Then a thought hit me.

How did they make a dress so fast? How did they know my measurements~ oh, of course.

Mom knew everything about me. I hugged my knees and rocked back and forth. The last time I met Jaejoong was about two days ago. Now, I’m meeting him again and the next thing I know we’re gonna be living under the same roof~

OHMYGOSH. Do all married couples stay in one house?

Of course, I mentally slapped myself. But, I don’t think so, there’s no such thing as an instant house that can just pop out from a can. It would take some time to build a house, so I’ll still be living with Oppa. I smiled as I reassured~

“Are you talking to yourself again?” I felt someone sit beside me.

“Ya, oppa, scared me!”

“Good morning to you too.” He grinned. He handed me a bottle of water.

“Have you had breakfast?” Khun oppa asked. I shook head.

“A lot of things are troubling me.” I said as I leaned on him.

“Like what? Dress wont fit?”

I punched his arm playfully.

“I was just kidding, you looked so serious, don’t worry, I’m sure everything would go smoothly.” He patted my head.

Easy for you to say, you’re not the one who’s getting married. I frowned.

“Dongsaeng-ah, don’t worry, whatever happens, I’ll always be here for you.” Oppa said as he patted my cheek. I gave him a smile.

“Where do you want to eat?” He asked.

“Tiffany’s?” I said.

“Cool, let’s go.” He pulled me up and we walked towards the car.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Inhee stood up in front of her mirror. She was wearing a cream power shouldered dress with studs. The length of the dress accentuated her long legs. She pulled her hair down and wore her red Louboutins. She put on her best smile as she went out of the room.

“Just smile, Innie. People will see you.” She said to herself as she got in the car.

“Young miss, where to?” The chauffer asked.

“Korean House.” I replied.

“Maybe the Kims like traditional food, Korean House is known for that. Does that mean I have to sit on the floor with the hard cushion too?” The young miss muttered to herself as she took her phone out, then as if on cue, it rang.

~~Hyangsu ppurijima~~noona noona jima~~~

Only one person would set his ring tone on her phone like that, she smiled as she pressed the green button.

“Ho Chunji, you, how could you not attend your sister’s wedding?” She said.

“Mianhae, noona. But, I promise I’ll go home in a two weeks max.”

“Ya, how could you neglect this thing, marriage is a big thing!”

“Isn’t it arranged noona? I cant believe you actually obeyed, Ho Inhee.”

“I cant believe you have no time for me and your hyung, tell me are you seeing someone there? A nice Japanese girl?” Inhee prodded while laughing.

“You think I have time for that? Anyway, noona are you inside a car? Going shopping again? Noona, stop that, appa might ground~” Chunji was in his “older brother” lecture again.

“I’m not going s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g, Ji, I’m meeting my in-laws for lunch.”

“Really? How are they? Are they kind to you? Is your husband nice?”

“First, yes theyre nice, second, he is not my husband.”

“Yet.” Chunji laughed.

“Just come home, already, okay? Noona will buy you something nice.”

“Noona, I’m not 5 anymore.” Chunji said with sarcasm.

“Oh, right, anyway just come home safely and call me okay?”

“I will. I love you noona.”

“Love you too, Ji, see you soon.” Inhee smiled as she placed her phone. Chunji was just a year younger than her, he was currently studying at Tokyo University with a degree in business. Well, another young business tycoon in the making. Inhee leaned on the seat as she remembered her childhood days with her siblings. Khun was always the responsible older brother type, Chunji was more mature than she was, and she was always protected and loved. Inhee was treated as the baby in the family, the only girl.

“Young miss, we’re here.” The driver’s voice shook her out of her revelry. She nodded and got out of the car. She was welcomed by a waitress dressed in traditional clothes, she ushered Inhee to a private dining hall. Inhee touched the paper door with her fingers. She opened it and found Mr. and Mrs. Kim with their son; she felt an impending doom with in her.

“Good afternoon.” Inhee greeted with a small bow. Mrs. Kim stood up from her seat and welcomed her warmly; she took her hands and kissed her on both cheeks.

“I’m glad you could make it, Inhee, my daughter.” She smiled. Mr. Kim kicked Jaejoong’s foot under the table and gave him a look. Jaejoong sighed; he stood up and pulled the chair.

“Please, sit.” He said to Inhee, who gladly complied.

“Thank you, Jaejoong-ssi.” Inhee said.

“Aigoo, get rid of the formality, you’re going to be married.” Mr. Kim said. Inhee just smiled, she was mentally face palming herself.

“So, how are you lately, Inhee? You seem pale, are you sick?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Aniyo, I’m okay, it’s just because…I went jogging earlier.” Inhee replied. Meanwhile, Jaejoong was looking-no, observing her. She showed no signs of rebellion, he was thinking that Inhee might say no to the arrangement. But nothing came.

“Really? You shouldn’t stress yourself too much, dear, it’s not good for you.”

Inhee nodded. A few minutes later, the waiter came in and served their meal.

 

“We should leave you two to get to know each other.” Mrs. Kim said as she and Mr. Kim stood up.

“No, it’s okay, we can~” Inhee said, avoiding the awkwardness.

“It’s okay, you need some time alone to talk.” Mr. Ki patted her hand as he and his wife went out.

Fortunately, or Unfortunately, they were left alone in the hall. Inhee was tapping her fingers on the table.

“About this… don’t you have any..violent reaction?” Jaejoong started.

“I..had, but does it even matter if I do?” She replied. Jaejoong nodded, sensing that they were under the same situation.

“How about we have a talk, somewhere…..open.” Jaejoong said as he looked around the hall. Inhee nodded, they both stood up.

They walked out of the building, Inhee was walking towards the direction of the car when Jaejoong called her.

“Ride in my car, it’s better to be seen in public.” He said. Inhee nodded and signaled the driver to go home.

She got in Jaejoong’s Bugatti Veyron.

“Where are we going?” Inhee asked.

“I need coffee, is it okay?” Jaejoong asked.

“Sure.” Inhee nodded and looked away.

If you could describe this gorgeous couple in one word, AWKWARD.

 

Your POV

 

I took a sip from my ice latte and looked around us. Stupid news! People were looking at us, they were mumbling. Why did it have to go public~

“I have a proposition for you.” Jaejoong started. I looked at him.

“Since the both of us cant do anything about this…arrangement..right?”

I nodded.

“Let’s get married.” He said as if he was announcing today was Thursday. I choked on my latte.

W—what?!” I wiped my lip with a tissue.

“If we get married, everyone would be happy, our parents would let us be.”

 I shook my head, what is he saying?

“I’m saying that, we get married, then after a year we could get a divorce, then we’re both free, in this way we didn’t hurt anyone or the company. And it’s for both of our families reputation and image too.”

Right, the company image. I know I didn’t say anything about saying yes to the arrangement, no one gave me a choice, but what this dude is saying is right. We marry, after a year we separate, at least our parents would think we tried our best.

“Okay, I’ll agree, a year is just 365 days after all.” I said as I nodded. I checked the time.

“Good, then let’s hope this will work.” He shook my hand.

“Yeah, uhmmm, I need to go now.” I said.

“Appointment? I’ll drive you there.”

“No, I have dress fitting.” I tried not to fidget. As soon as I said dress, I felt him look at me.

“Mind if I come? I have to play my part well too.” He said.

WHY?! I cant stand awkwardness!

“Uh, sure, why not? It’s healthy for our..image.” I said as I turned for the door.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I was driving us both to the dress shop. Inhee was silently texting on her phone. Is she texting one of her “guys“? I shook my head as I saw her smile on the screen. Such a pretty face, but why is she like this? I wonder how it would be like when we’re already married.

Then I thought about our deal earlier, I don’t know what made me do or say it. Maybe because a part of me lost hope, Serin didn’t want me, she doesn’t feel anything for me. Maybe it’s time I keep a distance from her, it would lessen the pain I’m feeling.

“It’s here.” Inhee’s voice startled me. She was pointing to 3-floor boutique.

I watch her flip her hair and combed them with her fingers. I cant believe I’m going to be married this weekend.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++