Chapter 17

I'm Marrying You?!

Your POV

 

I arrived home around 9 PM. I entered the house and then I realized, how empty it is dueing the night. The maid and butler had already gone. I sighed as I trudged to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“So much for what Junho oppa said.” I muttered to myself.

He said I should just marry so that I’ll always have someone to play with at home.

I laughed bitterly. My husband’s probably hanging out with the girl he loves right now.

I went up to my room and showered.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

The three of us were waiting in the lobby. Yoochun was waiting for his car.

“Ya, cant you bring her home? I have a date.” He said.

“I cant, I have to check on Inhee, she hasn’t be answering my calls.”

I heard him mumble.

“Ya, she’s our best friend, just bring her home.” I patted his back. Serin was leaning on him. I brushed some of her hair from her face.

“She’s your first love. You should be bringing her home.”

I looked away.

“Inhee’s become my priority now, Chun, I’m responsible for her already.” I replied.

“But you love Serin.”

“I know, but I have to go. Oh, your car’s here.”

I helped him get Serin in the car.

“Thanks, Chun.” I said.

“Don’t, Inhee’s a little mad at me-us.”

“What?”

“Call you later.” He patted my shoulder and hopped in his car. I watche them leave as I requested for my car. Then, I heard raindrops fall.

“Inhee left ahead?” Nichkhun was standing beside me.

“Yeah, she said she wasn’t feeling well.” I replied.

“She hasn’t wakened you up in the middle of the night has she?” He asked with uncertainty.

“Nope, why?”

“I’m worried about my sister, she usually has these nightmares, she screams during her sleeps. I know that this may be too much to ask from you, but just comfort her and wait till she gets back to sleep when that happens.”

She has nightmare attacks?

“Sure, I’ll help her. But, has she gone thru some sort of trauma before?” I asked.

“Yeah, she did.” He nodded while looking down, as if he was dodging the question.

“Well, I have to go.” I said as my car arrived.

Nichkhun gave me a nod; I went in my car and drove home.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Jajeoong was sitting down on his couch, watching television. It was raining outside. He checked the time, it was already 1 AM. He stretched and stood up, just as he was about to lie on his bed, he heard someone screaming.

“Inhee.” He said to himself as he got his cardigan and left the room.

 

He found her on her bed, screaming and crying. Her hands were thrashing on the cushion wildly.

“Inhee, don’t cry.” He said as he sat down on the bed and held onto her arms.

“Get him away…..I hate you…..You~” She broke into sobs. Jaejoong looked at her in confusion.

“He’s gone already, Inhee.” Whoever he was, he thought.

Inhee continued to sob; Jaejoong had no choice but to hug her.

“Calm down, stop crying, just sleep.” He said and wiped her tears.

Inhee shook her head and snuggled near him, Jaejoong grew stiff. Inhee’s face was on his chest, he could smell her sweet scent.

“He hurt me, Khun oppa.” She whispered.

“He wont hurt you again.” Jaejoong said in a soothing voice as he brushed her hair with his fingers. Jaejoong sent a silent thank you to her older brother; he gave him a big heads up. Who knows what would happen if he didn’t know about Inhee’s nightmares.

Then, Inhee eyelids started to close.

 

4 AM, Jaejoong woke up only to find Inhee in his arms. He smiled at her sleeping face and gently moved her to a pillow. He placed a blanket over her and tucked her in snugly.

“So, this is how it feels, being responsible for someone.” He said to himself as he stretched his arms and went out of the room.

One strange thing happened that night…..

He forgot to call Serin to check on her like he promised.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++