Chapter 40

I'm Marrying You?!

Narrator’s POV

 

Inhee’s jaws dropped as she watched her husband and the man greeted each other. Suddenly she couldn’t move, her legs locked her in place. She glanced at Jaejoong anxiously. She was running a cold sweat.

“Uhm..Jae,I~”

“Oh, hello Inhee.” Jaebum greeted her.

“You two know each other~”

“No, we~”

She got cut, Jaebum looked at her.

“Yes?” Jaejoong looked at her.

“Help me up.” She said meekly as she tried to raise her arms.

“Cramps?” Jaejoong asked as he pulled her up.

“..Yeah.” She looked away.

“I’ll just wait for you at the lobby.” She breathed out.

“Are you okay?” Jaejoong asked as he steadied her.

She nodded and turned for the door.

After she left the two guys went on with their discussion.

But, Jaejoong was curious why Inhee had acted so strange earlier.

 

Your POV

 

Mwoya? They’re business partners?!

I sat on the marble chair just outside his office. The view was overlooking Seoul. I bent down and placed my head in between my legs.

“Calm down, Inhee, relax.” I told myself as I sat up and leaned on the chair. I brushed my hair off my face and took a deep breath.

Why is that…monster there? Why is he associating himself with my husband? Is he doing this on purpose?

Good thing Jaejoong was there, if he weren’t I don’t know what would happen to me.

“So, this is where you’ve been hiding.” I felt someone sit beside me.

I looked up at him and I suddenly felt a wave of calmness in me.

“Meeting’s done?” I asked.

“Yeah, so off to dinner, let’s go.” He pulled me up.

 

Khun’s POV

 

We were having Jaejoong and Inhee over for dinner. It’s been a while since I last saw my sister.

“So, Jaejoong, how’s work lately?” Abeoji asked.

“It’s okay, same as always.” He replied.

“Inhee’s not giving you hard time, is she?” Eomma asked.

“Eomma!” Inhee looked at her. Jaejoong laughed.

“Aniyo, she’s been helping out a lot.” He replied.

“That’s good, our Inhee has always been such a handful~”

“Let’s eat.” Inhee said with a tight smile. I stuck my tongue at her.

“Where’s Ji?” She asked.

“He went out earlier.” I replied.

“Aigoo, that boy he knows we’re having you two over and he left, tsk tsk.” Abeoji said.

“Maybe he’s out on a date.” Inhee shrugged.

“Date?” Both of our parents looked at her.

Chunji’s busted.

Inhee bit her lip.

“He has a girlfriend you say?” Eomma asked. Inhee’s eyes widened.

“….You should ask him mom.” She smiled and looked away. She dusted off some imaginary lint of Jaejoong’s shirt. I laughed lightly.

 

We were all eating deserts when Inhee suddenly spoke up.

“Appa, can I talk to you later?”

Father looked puzzled.

“Sure, after eating Innie.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“So, what is it that you want to talk about is, my child?” Mr. Ho asked as he sat down on his russet colored leather chair. Inhee stood in front of his table.

“Appa, I’m taking back my position.”

“Position? In the company?” He sounded confused.

“Yes, I want to go back.”

“..What brought this up? Did something happen between you and Jaejoong?”

“No, it’s something I’ve been thinking about these past few days, but I really want to come back, dad.”

“Arasso, when do you plan to go to the office?”

“Next week.” She replied with a smile.

“Okay, I’ll tell secretary Yoon about it, so no worries.”

“Thank you, appa.” She smiled and gave her father a hug.

After while, Jaejoong and Inhee left.

Mr. Ho stayed in his office drinking coffee.

He was thinking what could have caused his daughter to have an interest in the company again. Then he thought, maybe her husband must have had some influence on her.

“I guess getting her married to him was a good thing.” He nodded to himself.

He got his phone and called his secretary.

“Prepare Inhee’s office, our Creative Director is back.” He said simply with a hint of pride in his voice.

 

Your POV

 

I went straight to my room and showered.

But how come Ji didn’t tell anything to mom and dad about his girlfriend? Is it because of me? It can’t be right? I shook my head as I wore a loose shirt and shorts.

I lay flat on my bed as I thought about the things dad and I talked about.

A part of my decision was because I was getting bored and I didn’t want everyday to be the same for me, if I go back to work I’d get to meet new people and learn new things. And a tiny part of me wanted to fight back, true, because of what Serin said. I know I’ve been neglecting the company, but I’m scared, what if that thing happens to me again? I cant even stand thinking about it.

And another dilemma, why is that MAN dealing with my husband? I cant have him so near, it makes me vulnerable, and Jaejoong should never know. Never.

I tied my hair up and went down the living room, in this state; I would never get to sleep. I switched on the TV and rolled up in the couch.

“You’re still up?” I heard Jaejoong’s voice. I sat up and found him sitting by the mini bar.

“Yeah, what are you doing?” I asked.

“I couldn’t sleep.” He said as he took a sip of his whiskey.

“Same here.” I replied as I turned my head to the screen.

I heard him stand up and sat beside me.

“Something’s troubling you.” He said.

I looked at him questioningly.

“I know you well, it’s written on your face, wifey.” He grinned. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Come here.” He said as he made me lean on him.

“It’s cold, I don’t want you to be a popsicle or something.” He explained.

“Jaejoong?”

He looked at me.

“Can I ask you something?”

“What?” He said, his eyes were on the screen; he was absentmindedly playing with my hair.

“Promise me you wont get mad?”

He nodded.

“Promise me first.” I urged. He laughed and looked at me.

“I promise.”

“Do…you still love her?” I asked meekly. He looked down.

“I…don’t know, Inhee.” He said.

I nodded and leaned on him. He just placed his arm around me and smiled.

What does he mean?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++