Chapter 6

I'm Marrying You?!

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Serin and I entered the ball together; her hand was on the crook of my arm. I looked at her; she looked so beautiful in her white dress, like an angel.

“A lot of people have come this year.” She said as we descended the stairs.

“Looks like it.” I replied.

“Serin-ah?”

“Yes?” She was looking around the crowd of tuxedoed men and gowned women.

“You look really beautiful tonight.” I said while looking at her eyes.

“Thank you, Jae. You look like a prince.” She said light heartedly as we made our way done.

 

I was talking with some business partners, Serin was beside me, she was smiling all the while, but I could sense boredom radiating from her.

“I’m boring you, huh?” I asked her.

“No, I’m just looking for the guys, you think they’re here?”

“I think so, come on, let’s go.” I pulled her hand lightly and made my way to the crowd.

We found Min talking to someone; I was about to call on him when I realized whom he was talking with.

“It’s her again.” I heard Serin mutter.

“Glad to see you guys come, I’ve been looking for Min, I cant find him.” Yunho stood by us.

“He’s over there, with….her.” Serin looked at the girl grudgingly.

“Ah, Ho Inhee.” Yunho said nodding her way.

“You know her, Yunnie?” Serin asked.

“Yeah, I just got introduced to her.” Yunho replied, we walked our way to Changmin.

“Oh, Serin-ah, Hyung, you came.” Changmin turned to us.

“Yes we did, it took us a while to look for you too.” Serin pouted at him.

“Sorry, I was just talking with Inhee-ssi. Oh, right Jaejoonghyung this Inhee~”

I raised one hand to stop him.

“We know each other, right Inhee-ssi?” I cocked my head to her.

“Yes, we met last time, with Yunho-ssi too.” She smiled at Yunho and me.

“Oh, that leaves Serin, Serin-ah this Inhee, Inhee-ssi this is Serin, she’s a good friend of mine.”

I saw Serin eye her up and down,Inhee offered her hand to shake. Serin smiled at her stiffly and shook her hand.

“I need to go to the restroom.” She said as she went away.

“Are you guys enjoying the party?” Inhee-ssi asked.

“Yes, but, I don’t see your brother with you, is he here?” I inquired.

“What? You’re that close already?” Yunho teased.

“No, it’s not like that, Jaejoong-ssi has met my brother and I met his parents a few days ago. I believe it was a business meeting of some sort.” She replied in a simple manner.

She has good reasoning skills. A smooth operator. I grinned inwardly, of course, she knew how to play with words.

“She’s right, she did my mom and dad over dinner.” I replied, Changmin raised one brow at me, I just shrugged.

“Inhee, where were you~ Oh, Jaejoong-ssi, nice to see you again.” It was her brother.

I nodded at him.

“Do you mind if I talk with my sister first?”

“Yeah, go ahead.” I nodded as they both left.

“She’s the Ho heiress?!”Changmin said. Yunho nodded.

“Yup, shocking huh?” I smiled at their direction.

“A daughter of one of the most biggest hotel chains in Asia is a Yoochunhyung girl version?!”

Then a hand landed on the back of his head.

“Ya, don’t stab me in the back!” Yoochun said.

 

Your POV

 

“Oppa, is something up?” I asked as we stepped away.

“I didn’t know you were close with Kim Jaejoong and his friends.”

“Not really, that other tall man, I met him at Wooyoungoppa’s party, he’s Shim Changmin.” I said.

“I know him, his company. I just wanted you to sit, the program’s already starting.” He said as he pulled the chair for me. I was seated in between him and Wooyoungoppa.

“You’re late, Wooyoungie.” I joked.

“I know, don’t talk to me too much, I’m hungry.” He replied. I laughed. After a few minutes, much to Wooyoungoppa’s excitement, the waiters did serve the food.

“Why does it have to be seafood?” I whined in a low voice as I eyed the lobster pasta in front of me.

“Do you want me to order another dish for you?” Khunoppa asked.

“Aigoo, some unfortunate people can never enjoy the taste of seafood~” Wooyoungoppa grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes at him.

“It’s okay oppa, there’s a desert table over there, I think will do, besides I’m still a bit full, I ate at home earlier.” I said as I stood up. On my way to the table I got a glass of fruit punch from the waiter.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

Inhee walked to the desert table, she was sipping her punch when someone accidentally stepped on her shoe, causing her drink to spill……on the lady’s white dress.

Then, a shrill yell was heard.

“I—I’m really sorry, I didn’t see you~”

“Sorry?! You’re sorry?! You ruined my night!” The girl replied hotly.

“I didn’t do it on purpose, you stepped on my foot~”

“Now, you’re blaming me? What the hell?!” The girl was mad, really mad.

“Wait a minute, you stepped on my foot that’s why my drink spilled why are you saying that all of it was my fault?” Inhee replied, she was loosing her cool.

“It is all your fault! If only someone like you who can even afford to be here has a pair of eyes, this wouldn’t have happened!”

Then, Jaejoong and Changmin saw the situation, they walked to Serin.

“Serin-ah, what happened?” Changmin asked. Jaejoong took off his coat and handed it to her.

“That girl…she spilled her drink all over me! Now my dress is ruined.”

“I could pay for the cleaners~”

“That doesn’t matter, you destroyed my evening!”

“I didn’t do it on purpose, you stepped on my foot that’s why~”

“Why are you reasoning out with her?! It was clearly your fault.” Jaejoong voice came out harsh. He placed his arm protectively around Serin’s waist.

“She stepped on my foot! Not to mention my thirty four hundred dollar worth Jimmy~”

“Innie, don’t be like this.” She felt a hand on her back, it was her older brother.

“What happened?” He asked kindly to Serin.

Everyone could notice the 180 degree change in Serin’s tone of voice and sparkle of her eyes.

“She spilled her drink on me, now my dress is all ruined.”

“Oppa, she stepped on my foot~”

“Inhee, just apologize, it was your fault.” Khun reasoned with her. Inhee’s widened.

“Why would I? She made me trip~”

“Ho Inhee, pleased don’t create trouble here.” Khun said gently.

Serin was shocked, she knew this girl was a player, but how could this man be so attached to her?

Inhee crossed her arms.

“I’m sorry.” She spat and turned away, fuming.

“I’m sorry, my younger sister still has a lot to learn, I will pay for your dress.” Khun addressed Serin.

“It’s---okay.” She stuttered.

“Then, I hope you’ll enjoy the night.” He bowed slightly and started to turn away.

“Wait.” Serin said. Jaejoong looked at her in confusion.

“Yes?” Khun asked.

“Don’t you remember me?” Serin asked, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

Where’d the bad mood go?

“…Have we met before?”

“Yes, we managed the accounting firm~”

“Ah, Serin, right? Nice to meet you again.” Khun shook her hand.

“Same here, Mr. Ho.” She swiftly removed Jae’s arm off her waist.

“I’m really sorry about my younger sister’s actions.”

“I’m okay, I can understand.” She smiled girlishly.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Changmin and I went back to ours seats. I looked back at Serin and Nichkhun, they were both smiling and talking.

“It looks like her crush on him is serious.” Changmin muttered as we sat down.

I didn’t say anything. Why cant she see me?

“What was that? I heard Serin.” Yunho asked.

“Something happened.” Changmin replied. Yunho eyed me, I just shook my head at him.

I’ve been her friend since middle school, how come she doesn’t even see me? I’ve been with her ever since, but just one smile from the Ho guy she melts.

 

Your POV

 

UNBELIEVABLE.

I stomped my way out of the hall and went to the garden.

Why did oppa make me apologize? It wasn’t entirely my fault. She stepped on my foot! And that Kim Jaejoong rude , why did he even insult me!? To think I thought he was good looking! I sat on one of the benches.

That white gown wearing noisy short lady, she even flirted with my brother, DISGUSTING. I walked towards one of the small gazebos, then I felt a sharp stabbing pain on my foot. I decided to sit on one of benches.

Even under the pale moonlight I could see blood trickling down on my right foot, I sighed. What type of heels was she wearing? Daggers? I looked into my bag for some tissue. I sighed, none. I took off my other shoe and looked at my bleeding toe. That girl must be really heavy or string~

“Why are you hiding here?” A deep voice disturbed my inner ranting.

“Are you bleeding?” He asked incredulously. I nodded.

“I’m not hiding here; I’m releasing my anger here.” I replied. Taecyeon oppa grinned as sat beside me.

“We should get that cleaned, don’t you have any band aids or something?” He asked.

I shook my head. He stood up, then suddenly I was lifted up.

“Oppa, I can walk.” I squirmed.

“It’s okay, don’t move, you cant walk in this condition.” He replied as he walked towards the exit.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we entered the hall again, he got my bag and we exited the room.

“Somewhere that has a band aids.” He grinned as he pressed the elevator button down.

“I’m not heavy?” I asked.

“Not really.” He shrugged effortlessly.

“You should eat more.” He said after a few seconds.

“Arrogant tall person.”

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

“She’s at it again.” Yoochun nudged Min’s shoulder playfully as he looked at Inhee and Taecyeon’s direction.

They looked at them. Junsu blinked.

“How come I’m the only one not yet introduced to her? She’s very pretty.” Junsu said.

“Dream on, Jae hates the girl.” Yunho smirked.

“Why? Did she play with your heart too, hyung?” Junsu queried. Jaejoong glared at him, but he didn’t reply.

“Nope, she spilled fruit punch all over Serin.” Changmin said. Junsu nodded.

“You didn’t hear the all of it, Su, apparently, her older brother is Ho Nichkhun~”

“Ah, so she’s the Ho heiress.” Junsu nodded.

“Yes, he came to clean up the mess, Serin got really worked up~” Yunho was cut by Jaejoong.

“She didn’t, what she said to her was right.” His voice came in icy. Yunho shrugged and continued talking.

“Then he came and talked over it, Serin immediately calmed down, she has a crush on that dude.” Yunho grinned at the pissed Jaejoong.

“Really? Then the Ho Inhee must be really feisty, Serin got mad at her and she didn’t even cry.” Junsu noted Inhee’s smiling face.

“No, she’s just another spoiled rich girl.” Jae answered.

“I don’t think she’s like that.” Junsu nodded to himself.

 

“There, all better.” Taecyeon said as he placed a band aid on Inhee’s foot. They were inside a mini mart. He was already done in cleaning the wound.

“Thank you, tower brother.” Inhee said as she carefully stood up.

“I’ll drive you home, Khun might be looking for you.”

“Don’t worry, I already texted him, I bet he’s still with that short person who stepped on me.” Inhee grumbled.

“Younger sisters.” Taecyeon laughed as he messed her hair.

“Ya, not the hair, let’s go, I wanna go home.”

 

 

Ho Nichkhun arrived in their family home an hour later. He went up to his room and took off his coat. He showered and changed into comfortable clothes.

His phone was ringing as he his Mac book.

“Father? Yes?”

“We just wanted to remind you that we’ll be arriving by tomorrow son. Your mother wanted to speak with Inhee, why isn’t she picking up her phone?”

“Ah, about that….we just came home from the ball dad, maybe she’s already asleep.” Khun scratched the back of his neck guiltily.

“Oh, okay, but the day after tomorrow, gather for a family lunch, I have something to announce to both families.”

“Okay, abeoji.”

Then, Khun placed his phone down.

“Announce?....Both families?” He muttered as he got a small package from his table and went to Inhee’s room.

She was asleep on her bed. Khun smiled at her sleeping face, he pulled her blanket a little and placed some ointment on his sister’s wounded foot and wrapped the bandage around it.

“Sleep tight, Innie.” He whispered as he left the room.

He sat on his couch, deep in thought.

“What did dad mean by both families? And announcement?” He wondered aloud.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++