Chapter 34

I'm Marrying You?!

 

Your POV

 

We arrived home. Jaejoong went to the kitchen and I went straight up to my room. My heart was still beating loudly.

It cant be…he’s back? Why would he show up his face in our event?

I shook my head. I looked at my trembling fingers.

Inhee, keep your cool. That would be the last of him, you wont see him anymore.

I lay flat on the leather couch.

He shouldn’t be here….he shouldn’t be~

“Inhee?” I heard Jaejoong enter. I sat up.

“How are you feeling? Still dizzy?” He asked as he handed me a mug.

“What’s this?” I asked as I sniffed the warm liquid.

“Hot chocolate, it will help you sleep.”

I nodded and took a sip.

“Can I ask you something?” He said. I looked up.

“It depends on what you’re asking.”

He laughed.

tumblr_li9ngm8uzW1qakwv3o1_500.gif

“What’s so funny?” I asked, annoyed.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

She looked at me with her chocolate stained lips.

“What’s so funny?” She pouted.

I leaned over and wipe the chocolate off her lips with my thumb.

“You’re just like a child.” I said. She threw a pillow at me.

“Seriously, Inhee, did something happen earlier?” I asked.

“There…are some stuff….that..you’re better off not knowing, Jaejoong.” She replied as she patted my hand.

“But trust me, it will be fine, I’m okay.” She smiled.

“Well, that’s all that matters, I’ll be leaving you to sleep.” I stood up.

“Night night, Mr. Kim.” She said.

“So, we’re cool now?” I asked playfully.

“Like what we’re back to being chummy and you can just annoy me any moment? Yeah.” She grinned.

I laughed and exited her room.

I was glad to have my Inhee back—wait, MY INHEE? What are you saying Jae?!

 

After taking a shower, I decided to check on her. I entered her room and found her fast asleep.

I wonder what happened earlier.

She mentioned something about monster….who does she mean?

Has someone hurt her before?

I saw her turn. I smiled and placed the blanket securely around her.

“Sleep well.” I said as I went out.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Jaejoong was still up, he was watching the television, or rather he just turned it on and he was standing in his room’s veranda. He was leaning on the grills.

It was already past midnight and yet he was still up.

The reason why he was up was that because, he knows Inhee might have another nightmare. He wanted to be there to comfort her. He didn’t know why but he couldn’t sleep that night. He was worried about Inhee and the memory of her shaking and crying made him feel somehow, guilty.

He sat back on the couch and got his laptop. And that’s when the yelling started.

 

“Oppa…..he--” She was sobbing. Her arms were thrashing on the cushion.

“Inhee, sshhh, it’s okay now, calm down.” Jaejoong held onto her arms and soothed her.

“Take..him away, oppa….” She said, tears were still falling from her eyes.

Jaejoong just hugged her. Soon, she relaxed. But still the sobbing continued.

“Inhee, it’s fine now, he’s gone.” Jaejoong prodded while rubbing her arms in a comforting manner. Inhee shook her head.

“He’s…back…he came back…”

“He cant touch you, Inhee, I’m here.” He said. Inhee didn’t reply but instead wrapped her arms around him.

“I’m scared, Jaejoong, I’m scared.” She said.

Jaejoong tensed. She knows it was him?

He scanned her face, she was still asleep.

“He cant hurt you. I wont let him touch you.” He replied.

Inhee just snuggled closer. Jaejoong smiled as he wrapped his arms around her.

 

Your POV

 

I woke up and regretted that I faced the mirror. My eyes were puffy and my nose was red.

Did I cry last night?

I shook my head. Did Jaejoong hear me?

“I’m scared, Jaejoong, I’m scared.”

“He cant hurt you. I wont let him touch you.”

I facepalmed myself.

AHHH! Did I really hug him?

I shook my head as I got a cardigan and wrapped it around me.

 

It was already 8 AM, Jaejoong must have left for work already. I went down to grab some breakfast and surprisingly his plate wasn’t touched and the newspaper hasn’t been touched either.

“Did Jaejoong leave already?” I asked one of the maids.

“No, he didn’t go down yet, ma’am.”

I nodded.

Weird, it’s already late, for him. I went up and knocked on his door.

No reply came.

“Jaejoong, I’m coming in.” I said as I opened the door.

The television was on, some of his work files were scattered on his desk. I went over the papers and stacked them. I saw a photo of him and his friends and another photo; it was just him and Serin. I looked away.

Too early to think about her.

I saw Jaejoong still sleeping with his laptop and papers. I shook my head as I snapped the laptop shut and got the papers from his bed.

tumblr_lw2qaoDmda1r0h4r8o2_500.jpg

 

He must have slept late.

“Jaejoong? It’s already 8, you’re gonna be late for work.” I said as I shook his arm lightly.

He didn’t even turn. He must be so stressed.

“Kim Jaejoong?” I asked. He turned.

“Wake up, I know you don’t want to be late so~ACK!”

He pulled my arm and I fell on the bed.

“Give me ten minutes.” He mumbled as his arm wrapped around my waist.

My heart raced wildly. Oh, please aorta, anterior vena cava, capillaries don’t give me out.

“Jaejoong let go.” I said as I tried to pry his hand off.

“You owe me three hours of sleep, wifey.” He grinned as he opened his eyes.

“What?” I asked as I pulled away.

“Capital N came last night.” He replied as he rubbed his eyes.

“N?” I asked, I noticed he smelled nice, I could smell his scent from the pillows.

“Nightmare, I’m thinking about the mouth gag~”

I hit him lightly. He chuckled.

“How bad?” I asked.

“Well, if I tell you, you still wouldn’t tell me why you have them, right?”

I hid under the sheets.

“Just kidding, you just….cried.” He replied.

I sighed as I sat up.

“And…. it’s a Sunday, no work.” I heard him say.

Ah, right. I got off the bed and sat on the couch. I grabbed the remote and browsed on the channels.

“Last night,Mr. and Mrs. Kim Jaejoong were both seen at a party, they seem to be unaffected by the recent rumors~”

I exhaled, relieved.

“Oh, that dress is really short.” Jaejoong said as he sat beside me. The screen was showing a picture of us together.

“So, do you have any plans for today?” He asked.

“Not that I know of…..” I replied.

“Good, we’re going out.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Inhee was wearing a pair of black skinnys, a white blouse that she paired with a pair of Chuck Taylors. She went down from her room after she got her MCM backpack.

“Where are we going again?” She asked as Jaejoong opened the car’s door for her.

“I’ll tell you later.” He replied.

“Keeping secrets.” She mumbled as she fastened her seatbelt.

 

“Why are we in Jeollado?”  She asked.

“This place, I used to hang out with the guys here, I wanted to show it to you.” He replied. Inhee nodded as they both got out of the car.

“There’s a park over there, let’s go.” Jaejoong called onto her.

 

“This is great!” Inhee said as they entered the green park. Lush greenery surrounded them and different kind of flowers welcomed them.

“This is…my peace offering.” He grinned. Inhee rolled her eyes.

“How old were you when you met them? Yunho oppa and the others.”

“Them? I met Yunho and Yoochun when I was 3, I met Changmin when I was 5.”

“And of course, Junsu oppa is your cousin.” She said.

“Yup.” He replied as he moved forward.

“How about…Serin?” She asked carefully.

“We met her during middle school, she was a cry baby.” He replied. Inhee nodded.

“That’s cute, your friendship lasted up till now.”

“Come, sit down.”

The couple sat on the bench.

“The guys…they seem to like you.” Jaejoong said.

Inhee nodded.

“Ah, right, Yoochun called last night, it’s his birthday this weekend and he invited us over for a ski trip, you up for it?” Jaejoong asked.

“Ski trip?” Inhee echoed.

“Yes, it it okay?”

“Yeah, it is. Tell him we’ll go.” She nodded.

 

Your POV

 

We both sat in silence as we watched some people go around the park.

“Inhee-ya, give me your hand.” He said as he faced me, leaning on his knee.

“What?”

He took my hand and placed something on it.

I opened my palm.

I saw a ring with a red ruby in the middle of two small diamonds.

“…Another peace offering?” I said.

He laughed.

tumblr_lvvbfxM8Ih1r7j0vto1_500.gif

“Ani, I don’t bribe people.” He grinned as he slipped the ring on my middle finger.

“It’s a family heirloom, every female in our family has to have a red ruby, my mom gave this to me when we got married, I’m supposed to give this to you, but..it kinda slipped from my mind.”

I nodded as I admired the ring. It was classic and elegant.

But then a frown formed on my face.

“Why? You don’t like it? We can change the setting~”

“No, it’s pretty, but it’s not supposed to be mine, Jaejoong.”

He looked at me in confusion.

“You’re supposed to give it to Serin.”

He looked at me.

“She’s the one you love, marriage is after all a union between two people who love each other.” I said as I placed the ring on his palm.

“So this is all you can say?” He said, he sounded angry.

“Jaejoong, it’s true, I don’t like it when you have to do things that’s you don’t~”

“Why?” He asked as he took me by the shoulders.

“Why what?” I admit, he looked scary.

“Why are you so sure that I still love her?” He hissed as he let me go and stood up.

I blinked. Why is he so angry? Of course, I know he loves her.

“Jaejoong, look~”

“I’ll meet you at the car later.” He said as he walked away.

I sighed and sat back on the bench.

What did just happen?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++