Chapter 56

I'm Marrying You?!

Narrator’s POV

 

Inhee was in her office, enjoying her afternoon coffee when her secretary stepped in.

“Director, someone wishes to see you.” She bowed politely as she exited the room.

Inhee turned and saw a man standing a few meters away from her. Her grip on her mug tightened.

“Why are you here?” Her voice trembled.

“Innie, let’s talk.”

“No, get out.” She said mustering her fear she stood up and placed the mug down.

“Please Inhee, I have so much to tell you~” He took a step forward.

Inhee stepped back, tripping on her chair.

“Just…get out.” She said through tight lips, she supported herself by leaning on the table.

“Inhee, what happened before was all my fault~”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Nichkhun stormed into the room. He stood infront of his sister protectively.

“Khun, I need to talk to her, just let me say a few~”

“Shut the f.ck up and get out.” He said icily. Inhee was trembling behind him.

“Why are you being like this? Did you forget about out friend~”

“Don’t go with the friendship crap with me Park Jaebum-“ Nichkhun said as he spat his name. After what happened, he quit calling Jaebum hyung.

“What you did my sister, I will never forgive you for that.” He continued.

“Believe me, I didn’t want to do it, I don’t know what came~”

“Sec. Choi, Mister Park is leaving now, please him accordingly.” Khun spoke through the intercom.

“If you don’t want me to issue a persona non grata on you, Park Jaebum, then don’t come back here.” Khun said as the doors opened.

 

Inhee say back on the chair with a cup of hot tea on her hand.

“Oppa….I’m scared…….he keeps on appearing~” She shivered.

“Don’t worry, he wont touch you ever again.”

“But….why would…what would he want to say to me?”

“Don’t think about him Innie, he’s gone, the Jaebum we once knew is gone. Forgotten.” Khun’s jaw hardened.

“I’m afraid.” She whispered.

“He cant go near you again, baby, I~”

“I’m not scared of him, I’m scared of Jaejoong knowing, what if he’ll tell~”

“Inhee, you should have told him from the very beginning.” Khun chided.

Inhee shook her head.

“It’s already bad enough that…..he’s resurfacing again, oppa, I cant lose Jaejoong now, he’s my only source comfort when I’m alone.”

“The more he needs to know about that mongrel.” Khun explained.

“Ani, I’m afraid he would treat me differently, what if he’ll leave me?” Inhee shook her head.

Khun looked at her. The things she said…it clicked.

“Innnie baby, you love him, don’t you?”

Inhee looked down and studied her tea. She couldn’t meet her brother’s eyes.

Well, silence means yes.

 

Khun’s POV

 

“Hyung, what was that?” Chunji was in my office.

Apparently he heard about Jaebum appearing earlier.

“He came, he went Inhee.”

“What did he want?”

“He wanted to talk to her, good thing I came just in time.”

“I’m worried hyung, noona….i don’t want to her to suffer again. She’s already had enough.”

I nodded.

“Sometimes, I feel guilty hyung, noona…she got married to someone she doesn’t love and the two of us….we…have a chance to choose.”

I looked up.

“You’re wrong, Ji.” I replied.

“Inhee…..she’s starting….to open up to her husband. She likes him.” I said.

“So…Jaejoong hyung knows already?” He asked, meaning about Jaebum and Innie. I shook my head.

“That’s’ what I’ve been pondering on. She doesn’t want to tell him.”

“Ani…… wae?”

“She doesn’t want to know what happened between her and Jaebum two years ago.”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I rode the elevator up to Inhee’s brother’s office. I was supposed to meet thim for the new hotel branch we were planning for the merger.

 

I arrived at the office, his secretary was not around, seeing the door ajar, I went ahead.

 

So…Jaejoong hyung knows already?”

I heard my name. Nichkhun’s voice.

“That’s’ what I’ve been pondering on. She doesn’t want to tell him.”

Ani…… wae?”

He was talking with Chunji.

“She doesn’t want to know what happened between her and Jaebum two years ago.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

“She doesn’t want to know what happened between her and Jaebum two years ago.”

“What if….he just wanted to be friends again hyung?” Chunji’s voice resonated.

“Friends? Sure, we all grew up together, but after what he did? I’m ashamed that I even met him before when we were young. I introduced him to you two, and I feel so stupid for doing that.”

“Hyung, it’s not your fault, Jaebum’s just an old childhood friend, we already forgot about him, right? We promised that to Innie noona, along with Taecyeon hyung and the others.”

 

It all made sense to him now. Inhee acting strange whenever he would ask about the photo. Her odd actions when he had lunch with Park Jaebum, the time when he saw Chunji lose his temper, Jaebum was also there. She knew him all along, but she kept it from him.

The papers from Jaejoong’s hands landed on the carpeted floor with a thud. With one swift movement, Jaejoong turned and left the place. Confusion was seen in his eyes, there was anger…mistrust. And pain. He walked away from the door.

tumblr_ls9d6wYk9E1qk0vwy.gif

He was confused on how Inhee and Jaebum knew each other. He felt angry that Inhee lied to him. And pain, he felt it immensely; it pained him that Inhee didn’t trust him to tell him the truth. He felt like he was used.

He gripped on the metal pole of the staircase and leaned over. He needed time to think and recollect his thoughts. He pinched the bridge of his nose. Jaejoong bitterly laughed as he remembered Inhee promised him that she would always tell him the truth and if something was wrong.

Here he was baring his soul to the girl he loves and he finds out that she has been lying to him.

“Oh, here.” He felt a presence behind him. Two hands were on his arm.

He stood up straightly and looked at her with cold hard eyes.

“Get away from me.” He said with a low voice and shrugged her off.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++