Chapter 12

I'm Marrying You?!

 

Narrator’s POV

 

After the party, Jaejoong and Inhee were left with their parents.

“We have a surprise for you two.” Mr. Kim said.  All of them were standing at the hotel’s curb, waiting for their cars. Just then two limos arrived.

“We’ll meet you there.” Mrs. Ho said as each couple got in their cars. Inhee stared at them blankly as the cars went.

“Where does that leave us?” She asked just as another limo arrived.

“I’m guessing we follow them.” Jaejoong said as he opened the door for her.

 

Inside the car, Inhee and Jaejoong weren’t talking. He was looking at the window. They didn’t know what to say to each other now that they were officially man and wife.

Jaejoong’s thoughts were off to somewhere, he was worried over Serin, she looked so sick earlier at the party and the fact that she drank a lot.

Meanwhile, Inhee slumped her shoulders as the city lights of Seoul passed by. She didn’t know where they were going or what kind of surprise their parents would give them, but she had a gut feeling she will not like it.

 

A few minutes later they entered a private subdivision in Gangnam. None of them asked each other as to why they were here. Jaejoong thought Inhee’s family had a house there, and Inhee thought the Kims had a house there.

 

Your POV

 

The car stopped in front the gate of a white modern looking house. It had an impressive garden at the front. This must be the Kims’ townhouse. I went down from the car, I already changed into a more casual dress.

“Please come in.” A maid welcomed us two.

 

We entered the house; Jaejoong was behind me, looking around. Strange, the house was fully furniture already but why does it smell new? I could smell newly dried paint and plastic. 

I looked around, the house had winding staircase, on my left was a modern kitchen, I saw a 6-seat dining table with a glass top. I walked right and i was welcomed by the sight of a 42-inch flat screen mounted on the wall inside the high ceilinged living room. I looked at the black and white couches, Italian leather.

Then it hit me, something is strange about this house, I don’t see any photographs hung on the wall, isn’t that normal for most family homes~

“Oh, you’re here already, that’s great!” My mom came forward and hugged me. I hugged her back.

“Is that new honey? It looks good on you.” She said as she touched my bracelet which was hanging on my wrist.

“Yes, it came from Oppa and his friends.” I replied.

“Aigoo, my son-in-law, you look so handsome!” My mom said. I rolled my eyes.

“Thank you, auntie-”

“Its omonim for you.” She said with a smile.

I saw Mr. and Mrs. Ho enter the room.

“How is it? Does it suit to your liking?” Mr. Ho asked me.

I pointed at myself questioningly.

“Yes, I am asking you my daughter.”

“..Yes, you have such a nice house, Mr.~ I mean, abeonim.”

 The elders gave me a skeptical look, even Jaejoong was looking at me wide eyed.

Then, a smile formed on Mrs. Ho’s face.

“This is your new home Inhee, with Jaejoong.”

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“What?!” Inhe reacted. She looked at me.

I didn’t expect we’d live together right away, it never hit me that they already bought a house, a fully furnished one too. I saw a wave emotions pass in Inhee’s face.

“What..do you mean?”

“This is your new house, Innie, you don’t think that you’d still be living with us now that you’re married right?” Her dad said.

She gave him an unsure smile.

“So do you like it? You two?” Mom looked at me.

“Yes, it’s very nice eomma.” I replied.

 

“This is the master’s bedroom.” Mom announced as we entered a big room with a leather couch set with a plasma screen, there was a big walk-in closet, her clothes were on the right, and my clothes were on the left. Inhee was being silent, she kept on fiddling with her bracelet.

I finally heard her voice when….

“One bed?” She asked as she eyed the king sized bed.

“Of course, married couples sleep in one bed.” Her mom replied. I saw her face palm herself. Seriously, she such an innocent girl.

“But mom, I cant~” She shut up as her mom gave her a look.

“So, I’ll leave you two to tour around your house.” Mom announced.

Minutes later, the adults left.

 

I was left there with her, sitting down on the windowsill.

“I’ll be sleeping in the other room.” I said.

She looked at me.

“It would be uncomfortable for us.” I gave her a smile.

“But that would be unfair to you, the guest room’s~”

“It’s big enough.” I shrugged. I saw her bite her lip, she was contemplating.

“Why? You want me to stay?”

Her eyes turned into marbles.

“No! I mean, no, I just thought you’d be unhappy with the guest room.”

“It’s fine, I like it, this one’s too huge for my liking. I’ll ask the maids to transfer my things tomorrow.”

“No, you cant.” She raised both of her hands.

“Why?” Does she really want me stay?

“What if they’d tell our parents? We’re dead.”

“Good point. I guess, I’ll just have to do it on my own then.” I nodded to myself.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you.” She said while standing up. I stood there all stiff.

“I’ll be in my room, I’ll leave you to….shower.” I said.

“Arasso, good night Jaejoong.” She replied as I shut the door.

Why am I so awkward with her? Our relationship should be business like and cool, not sitff and weird.

I sighed as I walked to my room.

 

Your POV

 

After showering, I changed into my regular house clothes, tank top and terry shorts. It’s the only thing that I’m comfortable in at home. I jumped on my bed and landed face first.

I heard my tummy grumble, well welcome back appetite.

I got off the bed and went down to the kitchen, I hope the fridge’s loaded. Then I heard some sounds, like pans being moved.

I walked to the kitchen counter and saw Jaejoong wearing a green apron.

“You cook?” I said, I seem to have shocked him.

“Yes, I thought you were asleep.” He replied as he turned his back to me.

“Nope, I got hungry, don’t mind me, I’m just going to drink some milk.” I headed to the pantry and got a glass.

“Eat with me, I’m hungry too.” He said as he got the glass from me.

“It’s okay, you made that for your~”

“I should at least feed my wife, right?” He said light heartedly. I nodded and sat down on one of the stools.

 

He placed a plate of pasta in front of me.

“Eat, I hope you’ll like it.” He said. I nodded and got the fork.

How can a guy like him cook so well? I suddenly felt insecure. I have zero cooking skills.

“It’s delicious.”

I saw him smile and started eating.

“Uhmmm, can I ask you a question?” I said. He gave me nod.

“Was your friend sick earlier?” I blurted out. I saw his expression change.

“I think she was, she didn’t tell me anything.” He replied without looking.

“Inhee, you have two siblings right?” He asked after a few minutes.

“Yup, one older and one younger.” I said.

“How come I never met your younger sibling?”

“Went to Japan for studies.” I replied.

“I know it’s a bit late to say this but, Best wishes.” He grinned as he took out his hand.

“Best wished to you too.” I shook his hand.

A part of me was happy, at least we got along with each other, even though we were awkward at least we don’t fight, right?

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++