Chapter 51

I'm Marrying You?!

Narrator’s POV

 

Inhee woke up and noticed her soaked pillows.

“You’re up?” Jaejoong entered her room with a cup of warm milk.

“Did i….”

“Yeah, you did. Here drink this. Don’t drink coffee.” He handed her the mug and sat beside her.

Inhee bit her lip.

“Did I cry?” She asked.

“Yes, not only that, you were mumbling too.”

Inhee looked down.

“Sorry, I must have been a bother.” She whispered.

“It’s okay, I got used to it already. Anyway, I called your brother, I told him you’d be late for work today.” He said as he rubbed her arms.

“Ah, really? Thanks.” Inhee smiled as she checked the time.

“Shouldn’t you be at work by now?” She asked.

“How can I leave for work? You were crying last night.” He smiled and touched her nose lightly.

“Ah…oh right, I have a meeting today.”

“I know, your brother told me, I’ll leave you to shower then.” Jaejoong got up and went out of the room.

As soon as the door closed, Inhee placed her hand over her chest and exhaled.

“Why does he have to be so…touchy touchy and stuff?!”

 

After dressing up, Inhee went out and drove to the nearest coffee shop.

“I heard you were working, young miss.” Serin was standing behind her.

 

Your POV

 

Why does she appear anywhere I go?!

“Yes.” I replied. Just avoid making conversations, Innie.

“What do you do? Sit all day and wipe your nameplate?”

I bit my tongue to prevent me from replying.

“Or do you just sign papers and look pretty?”

“What is your problem? Is it your company I’m working in?” I retorted.

Fine, I don’t have a good temper. I lost it ever since she appeared. Bom must have pulled this out in me.

“Ani, but I’m worried about your company’s future. Your brothers are working hard too.” She smiled wanly.

“Ah, is that so? So don’t worry about, since you’re not even part of our family, Miss Cho.”

She raised one brow.

“Does Jaejoong know? You working, I mean just sitting all day in your office like a prop?”

“What does it have to do with you? It’s my life. And besides, why do you care so much? In case you forgot, it’s our company.”

“Besides, I’m not a prop, remember that.” I said as I turned away.

“You do not turn your back at me, Ho Inhee.” She pulled me back.

I shrugged her hand off.

“It’s Kim, and I just did turn back.” I strutted away.

 

 

I arrived at my office only to find my secretary waiting.

“I heard you were sick, are you okay?” She asked.

“I’m fine, unnie, but where are the files you mentioned?”

“I placed it on your table, right, Mr. Kim asked me to prepare tea for you, it’s on your desk.”

He did?

“Mr. Kim?”

“Your husband.” She grinned.

“Ah…I got it, thanks unnie.”

“You have a very nice husband, Director.”

I nodded as I picked up the cup.

“Kim Jaejoong.” I whispered.

 

Chunji’s POV

 

“What is this? This is not acceptable.” Noona said. She was inside my office with the files from the accounting firm on her hands.

“We can’t accept this new system.” She placed the folders down.

“Noona, hyung already said we should do this.” I replied.

“Andwae (No way), why do we have to adjust to them? We’re the client here, they should adjust to us.”

I sighed. Ho Inhee will be Ho Inhee.

“If we approve to this, our assets and earnings will be easily accessed by the public, it’s not safe.”

“Just call hyung before anything else, Noona.”

“No need, he’s at Japan, right? Let him do things he has to do there. I’ll handle this.”

I nodded.

“I’ll be handling the meeting this afternoon, you can go early if you want, Ji.”

“Really? Thanks noona.” I smiled at her.

“Uggh, not the sparkling-I-love-you-eyes again.” She grinned as she went out.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

After a light lunch Inhee went to the conference room where the meeting was going to take place.

“Has everything been prepared?” She asked as she made her way to the room.

“Yes, they are waiting.”

 

Serin sat down with her employees. They were all waiting for the CEO to arrive. She was expecting Nichkhun to show up or the younger brother.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, I had some things to manage.” A young lady wearing a black mini dress and a leopard print cape walked in.

Serin’s eyes widened.

Everyone stood up and greeted her.

 “I’ll say this directly, we’re declining the new system you offered.” Inhee started.

“Why?...This is so sudden.” One of Serin’s employees asked.

“But, who are you? We talked to the Vice President~”

“Ah, right, I forgot, I’m Kim Inhee, the second daughter.” She smiled. She saw Serin glaring at her.

“What is your reason for declining our offer?”

“I studied the new system, it’s too open. If we use this, our finances, assets and earning, will all be in easy access to the public. We’re declining it.”

“But the Chairman Ho already approved it.” Serin reasoned.

“Nothing was signed, I don’t think that holds anything.”

Serin was shocked for a moment.

“There were no contracts signed right?” Inhee turned to her secretsry. She shook head no.

“Then, this meeting should end. Please submit a new system to us by Monday. Thank you for waiting.” Inhee stood up and left.

 

“Who is she? Is she new?” One of her employees were talking to Inhee’s secretary, Serin listened in.

“She’s Miss Ho Inhee, Creative Director and Chief Executive Officer, she’s not new, she worked a few years ago then she stopped. We’re really happy she came back.”

They nodded. They were praising the young miss. They never expected someone so beautiful to be so business-like.

“She’s the CEO?!” Serin said.

 

Your POV

 

“Are you taking revenge?” Serin walked up to me.

“I’m not that petty.” I replied.

“So, you rejecting the system…it’s not~”

“Think whatever you want, I just did what I see fit for OUR company’s good.”

“You don’t know what you’re doing. You don’t know anything about this world.”

I shook my head with a smile.

“Your words don’t mean a thing, you’re just a brat.” She raised her voice.

“What did you just say?” Chunji was only a few meters away from us.

“You stepped on the wrong person, hun.” I said.

“Noona, who is she?” He asked as he came near us.

“Oh, Mr. Ho, it’s nice meeting you again.” Serin chirped.

Ugh, you’ve got to be kidding me.

“Please, don’t act so kind in front of me, you just insulted my sister, I would be really happy if you get out of our sight now. And, we contacted another accounting firm, we won’t be needing your services anymore.” Chunji said with cold civility.

 

“I love you, little brother!” I said as we walked to the lobby. I gave my brother a big hug.

“Good thing I didn’t leave early, I just prevented a potential cat fight.” He grinned.

“Where do you want to eat? My treat.”

“Let’s just have donuts.”

I nodded.

“But noona, that woman, I don’t like her.”

I smiled.

“She doesn’t bother me that much. She’s just a prick.”

+++++++++++++++++