Chapter 2

Desire For Revenge

“What?! I don’t approve.” Kangjoo’s mom shouted when her son ask her the permission to marry Seong-Im.

“But mom! I love her! And.. We  already done it..” he said the last part with a lower tone.

“What?! You did that with that woman?” she looked at both of them unbelieving what her son said. Then she went straight to Seong-Im and slapped her.

“Is you right? You seduced him right?!” she shouted at Seong-Im. And when she about to slap Seong-Im for the second time, her son blocks her.

“Mom!”he said while spreading his hands to keep his mom away from her.

“If you don’t approve us, I will just run away with her.” He said with determination. Looking at him, Seong-Im felt so grateful as the man is serious about what he 
said.

“Don't you dare.” Kangjoo’s mom threaten.

“You know me well mom. I don’t said the words I don’t mean.” he stops for a while and continue.

“I’ll agree to whatever you said, I’ll agree on whatever you want but please! Let me marry this woman. I want her. I need her!” He persuading his mom.

 

Kangjoo’s mom stayed silence for a while. Thinking throughly then said..

 

“Fine, I’ll agree.” both of them were happy until Kangjoo’s mom continue

“Not until you are fully be able to take over the company.” she smirks when she finished her words. Testing either her son willing to accept her offer or not. As she is very clear about how her son didn’t want to take over the company. He only wants to pursue his dream to be a doctor, not a businessman. 

 

“That’s it? Okay, I’ll accept it. But also with one condition.” he said. His mom was slightly shocked since his son accepted that offer without even thinking deeply or trying to deal with her.

“I want Jihyo to stay in our house, as my official fiancee.” he said with determination.

“Okay.” she replied. ‘That won’t effect much. Just some tricks to separate them then.’ Kangjoo’s mom silently thought.

______________________________________________________

To fully able to take over the company was not one or two months thing. As for on the early stage, they manage to still spend some time with each other. Everyday, while he went to work, she always stayed in his house. Although infront of him, Kangjoo’s mom will never did anything to her, but behind him, it was a different story.

 

That afternoon, like the three years she had been doing, she cleans, cooks, washes and did everything like what a housemaid would do. Since, she was trying hard 
to win his mother’s heart.

She was moping the living room’s floor until Kangjoo’s mom went in.

 

“What a disgrace.” Kangjoo’s mom said. She only continue moping the floor.

“Don’t you know you are so shameless? What kind of woman you are? To eat and live in my house like a high class lady?” she said to her. And she only stayed silence. She never told him about this since she believes that he was fighting like her too. She always keeps the promise they made in her mind. 
The promise to face this all, together. 

All these years, there is never once Kangjoo’s mom praise her for her well-being. Even when she cleans the whole house, she was never been appreciated for 
her effort. But she was okay with it. She is a very patience woman. As she believes that one day, she could get Kangjoo’s mom’s approval.

 

Seeing that Seong-Im didn’t respond to what she said, it makes her anger level went up. She went near to her and pulls her hair then slapped her.

 

“You !” Seong-Im was enduring the pain. Her tears slightly fall but she held it in. Wiping her tears away then she continue her chores.

 

“You will never be my daughter-in-law! You hear me? You are a , a disgrace to my family. How could a woman be so shameless like you? Not only you seduce
my son in getting on bed with you, you also eat by my money and wears my money!” she said. And like usual Seong-Im only said..

 

“Sorry madam. I’m sorry being a disgrace to you.” she said while lowering her head. Tears are falling on her face.

“.” Kangjoo’s mom said before she went in her room. After finished the chores, Seong-Im went in her room and silently cried.

 

‘One day Seong-Im. One day she will accept you. Just smile and everything will be okay. For him. And for the baby.’ she touch her stomach meaningfully. Knowing that their baby heartbeats in her stomach makes she feels so happy. As she can’t wait to tell him this news.