Chapter 45

Desire For Revenge

The next morning, Jaejoong wake up from his sleep. Amazingly, he dreamt a very good dream which makes him wake up with a smile on his face. Looking at the clock, he wake up a little bit later than he usually does.

"What a good dream." he mumbled. As today is a big day for him, he quickly prepare himself since he have been planning for this day. The day he will officially propose her.

_____________________________________________

He knocked her door with excitement inside him. But when he gain no answer at all, he open the door himself.

"Seong Im? I'm going in.." he said and go in. But he realize that she inside. He thought that she might be going out a while. But there's an uneasy feeling that keeps telling him something's wrong, so he search the whole mansion to find her. Just then, his phone rings and the caller is Jihyo.

"Seong Im, where are you?" Jaejoong asked.

"Far away from here. I call you just to inform you that I'm leaving Korea. This will be the last call before I throw this phone. Bye Kim Jaejoong." Jihyo then quickly hang up the call since she can't handle the longing feeling anymore. 

Right after she ended the call, Jaejoong only stare at the phone lifelessly. Jihyo's leaving? But why? He then quickly take his car keys and drive to airport. Hoping that he might get to hold her. When he reach there, she is no where to be found anymore. He spent almost 3 hours wondering around the airport hoping that she might be found but the answer is, he is too late. Just then, a schedule message was sent to him.

'Oppa, don't find me anymore, I have left after I called you. Take care.' - Jihyo's message

He put away his phone feeling lost. All sudden , his happiness is taken away from him, the woman he love is gone and all sudden he was leave behind without a reason.

'Why did you leave? Why did you make me like this? Why?!' he thought.

__________________________________________________

After a few days left behind by her without knowing what she is doing nor how she is, he only keeps drinking day and night. He return to his old self that shut everyone out of him. The same cold Kim Jaejoong. The workaholic beast. But recently, he receive the information that Jihyo went to America. Of course he did ask for people to search for her at there and he didn't get any news at all. At the same time, a real disaster occured. He rush to the financial department.

"What happened?" Jaejoong asked the head of department.

"170 millions was withdraw from our company's account." the head department replied.

"What?! Where? By whom?" Jaejoong asked again.

"It was withdraw under your name.. At America.." the head department replied. 

"What?! America but how-" Jaejoong suddenly flashback about the cheque book that he put inside Jihyo luggage which one of the cheque contain his signature and the company's seal.

"It can't be.. She is not that kind of person.." Jaejoong mumbled.

"What?" - the head department

"I'll settle it." Jaejoong say to cut off the conversation  and return to his office.

________________________________________________

When he return to his office, he called the bank which the money was withdrawn from. The bank even send a picture who withdraw those money. It is Jihyo.

'What happened?' he scratch his head. He keeps messaging his head.

'Where did it gone wrong? Why she did that?' he keep thinking the same thing over and over again.

Then, Kang Gahee appeared in front of his office.

*looking down at him* "Tsk tsk tsk.. Kim Jaejoong. How does it feel like being betrayed by the woman you love the most?" Gahee smirked at him. Jaejoong look at her.

"You sure get the news so quick aren't you? Sly." Jaejoong critics her which makes her feel so embarassed. But then, this is not her purpose of meeting him. So she decided to pulled back a little.

"Is that the point right now? You are going to face bankruptcy. Aren't you scare?" she asked him.

"So you are here to laugh at me? Do it then." Jaejoong coldly reply her.

"Well, I'm not that cruel. I come to offer a deal with you." Gahee replied.

"No matter what is it. It won't be good right? So, no thanks." Jaejoong rejected her.

"It's not a bad news. Yet, it's a good news actually." Gahee try to gain his interest.

"What is it then?" Jaejoong replied. And Gahee smile as she thought that Jaejoong finally interested in hearing what she have to offer.

"Marry me. Then I'll help you persuade the shareholders to give you more time. At the same time, I'll help you with the money too. You know they bow under my dad." Gahee persuade him. But Jaejoong only look at her and smirked.

*emotionless* "I rather face bankruptcy." Jaejoong rejected her proposal without even think about it and of course it hurts her pride as Jaejoong doesn't hesitated to reject her. Is marry her really that awful for him?

*calm* "I'll give you more time to think about it." Gahee said then want to leave but then Jaejoong directly said to her again.

"Even if you give me 10 years to think about it, the answer is still no." Jaejoong replied her with confidence in his answer. Feeling really hurtful, Gahee turn around and look at him again.

"Losing everything is better than marry me? Am I really that awful in your eyes?" Gahee ask him with frustration in every word she said. 

"Nope. It's because I don't love you at all. In my heart, only crave the name of Cheon Seong Im. If losing everything is the price of loving her, then I'll be that loser. Since losing her will only mean death for me." He reply her calmly. His answer contain a very deep feeling. A very deep sincerity toward Jihyo. And his answer? Hurt Gahee's feeling even deeper. She rather a million time hearing he say that he hate her than hearing one time about how he love the other woman which is not her. Since being hate is better than knowing someone is not on your reach anymore. In her eyes, she prefer being hate by him since that simply mean she exist in some corner of his life. But unfortunately, she was never existed at all in his world.

*holding her anger* "But she left you aren't she? That woman that you don't wish to lose. She even took your money. She is the cause of your bankruptcy. Your downfall." - Gahee

"I believe she have her own reason for doing that. I know her." Jaejoong is so confident in the words he said and that again hurt Gahee's pride. But she refuse to fall back just like that. So she say again.

"Know her? Huh! *looking at him feeling hurt* Look at you now! Don't you pity yourself? You are cheated by a woman you believe the most! A gold-digger!" she say frustratingly.

"Even if she is a gold-digger like what you said, I'm still going to believe her. Because without her, is my downfall." Jaejoong say meaningfully.

*feeling nonsense* "Believe her? Huh. *anger* Let see what you will say after you lose your everything!" Gahee leave his office furiously.