Chapter 38

Desire For Revenge

"What?! She dissapeared?! Find her!" Kangjoo shouted before he hang up the call. Deep into his own thought he keep thinking about Jihyo's safety. As frustration take over him, he throw his phone to the wall and scratch his hair. There's a sense of guilt that he felt for not saving her that night. But since he lose his ability to think logically, he slowly push all the blames to Jaejoong.

'If only Kim Jaejoong never exist, Seong Im won't dissapeared!' he thought then punch the wall.

_________________________________________________________________

After hours of searching, he didn't manage to find Jihyo too. He returned to the resort like usual to make some planning. He is hoping for a miracle. A clue. Just then, Chae Won knocked the door.

"Oppa? Can I go in?" Chae Won asked.

"Just come in." Jaejoong replied. Chae Won could sense the frustration behind Jaejoong. He looks like a mess. Counting days, it has been three days since Jihyo disappearance. A lot of things was done in the past few days in effort to find Jihyo but there's no news.

"Oppa, I think we should check for the CCTV footage at the berth." Chae Won suddenly said to Jaejoong which it gains his attention.

"Why?" -Jaejoong.

"Since you was found at there." Chae Won replied.

"What?!*shocked a litlle* I was found at there?" Jaejoong didn't realize this matter since these few days he spend his time in searching Jihyo and focus regarding Jihyo. But he never really know or ask why he end up in the hospital. All along these days, he thought he was found outside the convenience store due to robbery.

"Yes. I thought you knew it?" Chae Won questioned him but Jaejoong only shake his head.

"Let's go then." Jaejoong then walk out from the room which Chae Won followed him.

______________________________________________

Since  it was night time when the incident happened, they can't see the culprit face clearly. 

The video started with three men were talking with each other. Then, Jaejoong appeared in unconcious state with his hand was tied. Jaejoong and Chae Won start to wonder how Jaejoong survive but then, when he was thrown to the sea, Jihyo suddenly appeared in the screen and ran straight toward the water then jumped in. One of the men seems reluctant to save her where in the end the man didn't jump in and got pulled away by his other partners. A few minutes after, Jihyo appeared on the surface with Jaejoong at her left arm. She pushed him up to safety then struggled to climb up but her right arm gave up where she hanged on the deck for a few minutes watching him then finally let go her left hand.

When they finished the video, everything seems connected already for her sudden disappearance. He feels so lost in his thought. He started to blame for everything happened to her. If only he been more careful and if only he awake after she saves him, maybe this all won't happen. Maybe he could still saves her. As for Chae Won, she could only look at Jaejoong and sympathise him. Through that video too, there's a slot in her heart started to open more for Jihyo. Since she could sense that for Jihyo, Jaejoong is important. That's why she jumped in to save him. But now, the only thing she could hope is for them to be reunion again.

But he don't want to give up yet. He refuse to believe the fact that she is die just like that. He vows to find her. Either the alive one, or the lifeless one.

___________________________________________________

*one week after her disappearance*

'Where am I?'

She finally opened her eyes after a long sleep. Of course her head feels dizzy. Looking around her, it is an unfamilliar place for her. She keeps thinking where she is. Just then, a man walk in and greet her.

"Seong Im?" the man greeted her.

"Oh? Oppa?" Jihyo greet him back with a smile. Seeing that face makes him confuse.

And the man is, Kangjoo.

He takes his seat in front of her which she don't even scold or push him away. He feels more startled for that.

"Oppa, why are we here?" Jihyo asked.

"Erm.. what did you remembered? I mean the last thing you remembered." Kangjoo asked her. Which she only look at him blankly. As for him, he want to confirm his guess.

"Hurm.. You told me to prepare since you are bringing me out, right?" Jihyo simply replied and Kangjoo only look at her feeling unbelievable.

"Do you still remember what's the date I asked you to do that?" Kangjoo asked again.

"Of course I do. It's February 16 2015. Why are you like this oppa? Is there something wrong. Are you okay?" Jihyo touch Kangjoo's forehead lightly.

Kangjoo just can't believe what is happening in front of him now. It seems like Jihyo has forgot those things that happened for the past few months. 

'Did she lost her memory due to the bleeding?' he thought.

 

*Lee Kangjoo's flashback*

Counting days, it has been six days since Jihyo's disappearance. He knows he have find her first. He need to stop her from reporting the case to the police. As he is keeping an eye on Jaejoong's situation, he receives a call.

"What?!Where?!" he answered furiously.

"Okay, I'll be there right away!" Kangjoo take his stuffs and leave.

It is a concidence for that to happen. Since he have spread Jihyo's profile around the hospitals in the country, he received the call from a hospital in the rural area. Of course he rush to there. According to the person who send Jihyo to the hospital, Jihyo was found at the seaside in unconcious state. Her head was bleeding that's why the person immediately send her to the hospital. When he reach there, Jihyo was still unconcious but she got her treatment already. It was lucky that she was send to the hospital early. The doctors said there's no further complication. It is a normal bleeding. 

*end of flashback.*

Kangjoo look at Jihyo who is right infront of him now. He is now confirm that Jihyo has lost part of her memories which in his eyes, it a good thing. Since he managed to cover for his crimes which at the same time, Jihyo belongs to him again.

"Oppa, what happened to me?" Jihyo asked Kangjoo. Kangjoo smile at her and replied.

"Nothing my dear. You got hurt when we are walking around the beach that we had a date. You have been in coma state for months." Kangjoo lied but Jihyo bluntly believes him.

"I sleep for that long?" Jihyo feels shocked.

"Yup. You make me worry so much you know." Kangjoo patted her and that makes her blush. Looking at her to react at his touch makes he feels so happy. He then suddenly hold her small face using both of his hands.

"Seong Im, don't ever leave me again okay?" Kangjoo suddenly said which makes Jihyo look at him feeling blank. Then Kangjoo kiss her forehead. But Jihyo feels something is wrong. There's no more butterflies in her stomach like she used to feel. But regardless, she ignore that feeling. Thinking that she must been thinking too much.

'That's right. Let's return to the ones we should be.' - he thought while looking at Jihyo who is smilling brightly at him.