Friend

Not Like Everyday

"Why do you like this place so much? It's so boring," Taecyeon said, yawning. Yoona glared at Taecyeon and picked out two more books from the shelves, stacking it on top of the other stacks of books that Taecyeon was holding.

"I like this place for my own reason. If you want to know why I like the library so much, figure it yourself. You sure found out about my weakness. You should know why," Yoona snapped angrily. Catching a book that almost glowed on the shelf, Yoona swiped it out of the shelf. A smile replaced her frown as she hugged the book tightly in her arms. "Mhm, I can feel it! This book will be a promising one!"

"What? Which book?" Taecyeon asked, following Yoona. Yoona ignored Taecyeon and happily plopped down a chair and began reading the story. Taecyeon placed the stacks of books next to Yoona and sat across her. "Why are you so cold?"

"I am not," Yoona replied, not taking her eyes off from the book. "Why would I be so cold?"

"You're totally ignore what I'm saying."

"No, no. I listen to you. It's just that I don't want to listen to your nonsense. Besides, why should I listen to a player?" Yoona pointed out. Taecyeon bit his lips, a bit hurt. However, he regained his confidence and narrowed his eyes.

"You don't have to point out the obvious."

Yoona totally ignored Taecyeon's statement and read her book, absorbed into a new world of literature.

 

"Hyuna…" Joon whimpered as he looked at his friends. G.O and Seungho ignored the whole situation by tuning a whistle. Thunder bit his lis, trying to decide on whether or not if he should go along with his hyungs. Mir bursted into snickers as he pointed at Joon and Hyuna. Hyuna gave herself a piggyback ride on Joon's back, which made him feel very uncomfortable.

"Joon oppa, see how nice it is when it's only the two of us together? I'm telling you, we're just meant to be with each other!" Hyuna squealed happily and wrapped her arms tighter around Joon's neck. Joon gagged and choked, as he gasped for fresh air.

Freaking Hyuna! I wish she'd just let go! Joon thought angrily, his face turning purple.

"Oh my gosh! Hyuna, you better let go!" Thunder panicked.

Hyuna rolled her eyes. "Oh please. Joon will never drop me. Will you, Joon oppa–"

But before Hyuna got to finish her sentence, Joon fell backwards, out of breath, making Hyuna fall with her back against the ground with a great impact.

 

"Gosh, I feel sad for Joon," a girl whispered behind the bookshelf. Taecyeon and Yoona raised an eyebrow and eavesdropped on the two girls who were gossiping and whispering behind the bookshelf besides them.

"I know. I mean, how can Hyuna just choke him until he was out of breath?" another girl exclaimed quietly.

"Plus, the nurse isn't here. I mean, hello? Why doesn't this school have a nurse?" 

"I think they do, but it's just that the nurse went on a lunch break."

"Seriously? Oh my gosh, I hope Joon oppa lives. If he dies because the nurse was gone, I'm going to kill her!" the first girl snapped angrily. The two girls walked away, as Yoona closed her book.

"It's shocking how such news can spread so fast," Yoona mumbled. She gathered up all the stacks of book and began to put them in their rightfully owned shelf. Taecyeon dropped his mouth, staring at Yoona.

"You memorized where all the books go?" Taecyeon questioned. Yoona turned around and nodded his head before putting her fifth book back into the shelf.

"I read tons of books here, so I should memorize where the books go. I sometimes help the librarian on my free times," Yoona replied, putting the last book away. Taecyeon stared at Yoona in awe as she walked away from him. He got up and walked to caught up with Yoona.

"Hold up! Where're you going?" Taecyeon asked.

"To the nurse's office." Yoona rolled her eyes. "Where else?"

Taecyeon grabbed Yoona's wrist before she could take a step further. "You can't! Joon's there!"

Yoona glared at Taecyeon coldly. "Excuse me, Taecyeon-ssi, but this is a case that has to do with life or death. I'm not going to let Joon die because Hyuna choked him to death."

"B-But–"

"I'm sorry, but I'm the nurse's assistance. It's my job to help those who are ill or injured when the nurse isn't here," Yoona explained.

"But you're just a student! what can you do?"

"I'm not your average student, Taecyeon-ssi. I'm smarter than an average high schooler." Yoona pulled away and continued to walk at a steady and normal pace. Taecyeon followed right behind her.

"But…but…I don't understand you. I think you're stupid," Taecyeon grumbled, not knowing what to say. Yoona stiffened as she walked away faster from Taecyeon. She stopped her tracks and then turned around to face Taecyeon.

"I'm not stupid. I'm saving a friend's life. My close friend's life. When's the last time you were able to call someone a friend?" Yoona asked. Taecyeon froze, dumbfounded. Yoona smirked and ran towards the office.