Admitting the Fact

Not Like Everyday

Joon barely opened his eyes, only to find himself at the hospital. He saw a blurry image of Hyuna, and therefore pretended to be resting. His head ache, and his cheeks (and skin) felt colder than usually. He was ashamed of himself. Was the kingka of the school really going to faint because of a nerd? He would laugh if he had the energy to. What was so interesting about Yoona, anyways? She was just any normal girl, except she was a genius! That was the only different she had between any other girls. So what made Yoona shine in front of his eyes? What qualities did she possess that Joon was attracted to?

He only knew two things: 1) He was in love with Yoona; and 2) He was attracted to money, popularity, and attention. Was Yoona as rich as he was? No, she definitely wasn't. If she was, she would also be as popular as Joon would be. Did Yoona have popularity? Joon almost let out a weak chuckle. Yoona was hardly noticed. That only left attention. Did she have the attention that Joon wanted? Or did Joon want Yoona's attention?

Joon felt something stab his heart, as if he just realized something. Attention. That must be the reason why he fell in love with Yoona. Sure, the two were friends, but Yoona didn't shower him with enough attention like Hyuna did. It was like as if he craved more of Yoona's attention, like how a starving puppy craved for meat.

I'm in love with Yoona because I want her attention, Joon thought. That seemed right, but at the same time, it didn't quite seem the reason why he truly and honestly loved her. He wanted to open his eyes and toss and turn his body. He was frustrated, and he hated to be frustrated.

Why can't the answer just…pop in my head or something? Joon wondered.

He hated this feeling.

 

"Whew! The hospital! I haven't been here since…well, probably since I was born!" Mir joked. Yoona let out a weak laugh as Seungho rolled his eyes.

"Be quiet and behave," Seungho told him. He turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. The three were shocked to see Hyuna near Joon. She was sitting on a small stool and stared at him, as if she waited for him to wake up. Seungho loudly cleared his throat, as Hyuna jumped. She whipped her head around and let out a scowl.

"Oh, it's only you boys," Hyuna muttered. This time, Yoona loudly cleared . Hyuna looked up and stared at Yoona for a moment. The two locked eyes, and from what Yoona could tell, whatever Hyuna was thinking wasn't good.

"So how's Joon hyung?" Mir asked, skipping towards Joon.

"He's fine. He's just getting some rest. After he wakes up, we just need to feed him so that he can regain his energy," Hyuna explained. Mir sighed and shook his head.

"This is the reason why females shouldn't diet," Mir said.

"Joon isn't a girl," Yoona pointed out.

"It's called a joke," Mir replied, rolling his eyes. 

"It's called an insult, too," Yoona added.

"Pft! In man language, it's a joke. For a woman's language, it's an insult. We're speaking man right now, right Seungho hyung?"

"Whatever he says, don't believe him," Seungho told Yoona. Mir scowled, as Yoona nodded her head with a smile. She walked over to Joon and sat across from Hyuna.

"When is he going to wake up?" Yoona whispered.

"I don't know," Hyuna shortly replied.

"…Any guesses?" Yoona asked.

"When pigs fly," Mir added helpfully.

Yoona stared at Mir. "Do you not like Joon or something? Do you know what 'when pigs fly' mean?"

Mir rocked his feet back and forth. "What? I'm innocent. Hey Seungho hyung, should we go and get food for Joon hyung when he wakes up?"

"That's a pretty good idea," Seungho agreed. He pulled his wallet from his back pocket to make sure that he has his money. Once he checked, he nodded his head and walked out of the room with Mir. Before Seungho left, he told Yoona, "Call us when Joon wakes up. We'll come back as soon as possible!"

Yoona worriedly looked at Hyuna, who gave her a cold glare.

"You better hurry up or I'm going to kick you out of the school somehow," Yoona mumbled. 

Seungho smirked and closed the door behind him. Once the two boys left, silence enveloped the room. Hyuna continued to give Yoona a cold glare as Yoona stared down at her fingers. The two didn't know what to say, and didn't even dare to speak until the other spoke first.

"So where's your partner?" Yoona asked.

Hyuna frowned. "What?"

"Taecyeon. Where's Taecyeon?" Yoona repeated. Hyuna stared down at her shoes.

"I don't know. He's probably…around."

"Huh, I'm a bit shock. I thought you'd bring him so that he could drag me out or something," Yoona mumbled. Hyuna kept quiet. She was debating on whether or not to tell Yoona that Joon had called Yoona's name right before he had fainted. 

"…Do you have any special relationship with Joon by any chance?" Hyuna questioned.

Quit stalling, Hyuna! Just tell her that you're getting revenge because he called her name! Hyuna scolded herself. Yoona shook her head.

"Ani. We're only friends, but…we're in a sticky situation. The two of us got into a fight, and we're ignoring each other," Yoona mumbled.

"Then why are you here if you're ignoring him?" Hyuna asked.

"Because…I'm his friend. Wouldn't you do the same if you got into a fight with Taecyeon, but then later he fainted and you got a call from the hospital?" Yoona asked. Hyuna felt her cheeks redden and her heart pound against her chest.

Why is she bringing up Taecyeon instead of Joon? Wouldn't Joon make the situation more effective? Hyuna wondered.

"I'm not bringing up Joon because I know that you have a deeper relationship with Taecyeon. I'm bringing up Taecyeon because he's your only friend, right?" Yoona asked calmly. At that moment, Hyuna felt a needle stab through her heart. Yoona was right. Taecyeon was Hyuna's only friend.

But she didn't want to admit the fact.