Lost

Not Like Everyday

"So what do you want to do?" Joon asked. He was carrying at least five shopping bags in one hand and two in the other. Yoona bit her bottom lips and stared at Joon.

"Let me carry one of those bags," Yoona offered. "Besides, you're the one who's buying the stuff…"

"Ooh! A doll shop! Let's go buy something cute," Joon suggested. 

"But–" However, before Yoona was able to protest, Joon grabbed her wrist and dragged her along into the doll store. The moment they stepped into the store was when Joon regretted bringing Yoona inside. Out of nowhere popped Hyuna, who seemed escatic to see Joon.

"Joon oppa!" Hyuna squealed excitedly. Joon's eyes widened and glanced behind him. When he turned around to see Yoona, she was not there. Confusion was written all over his face as Hyuna grabbed his arms. "Joon oppa, what are you doing here in the doll shop?" She gasped. "Don't tell me you're here to buy me something!"

"Uh…"

"Omo! Thank you soo much!" Hyuna squealed. She paused for a moment, and then glanced behind her. Strange. I'm pretty sure I saw Yoona somewhere here…

"Looking for something?" Joon asked hopefully. He hoped that Hyuna would go search for something so that he could go look for Yoona. To his dismay, Hyuna shook her head delightfully and snuggled his arm.

"Ani! Just thinking. Come on, let's go!" Hyuna exclaimed. She dragged Joon deeper into the doll shop, wondering where Yoona had disappeared off to.

 

Yoona panted for air when she arrived…Well, she wasn't sure where she was. The mall was very large, so of course she wouldn't know where she was. She looked around, noticing that there were so many people–so many strangers–walking around, laughing and smiling. She suddenly noticed that Joon wasn't with her.

Where did he go? she wondered. Wasn't he with her when she ran away from her schoolmate? She was sure that she told Joon that she didn't want anyone from school to see her.

Before she knew it, she felt small and weak. She was alone with a lot of people, and she didn't know what to do. Her legs began to feel shaky and her face went pale. 

Suddenly, she felt a pair of strong arms behind her. Thinking that it was Joon who found her, she twirled around and hugged him.

"I thought you ditched me! You said you wouldn't ditch me!" Yoona cried. 

"Um…I did?" the voice asked. Yoona froze. That voice…it couldn't…but…

She slowly looked up and found Taecyeon staring at her confusing. Blushing, she quickly pulled away and wrapped her arms around herself. 

"Eh…Sorry," she whispered quietly. Taecyeon chuckled and patted Yoona's head.

"It okay. Er, I don't see you around Joon, though," Taecyeon said, glancing around Yoona. Did he really just ditch her?

"Oh, I kind of…well, took off," Yoona mumbled.

"Took off? You mean you ran away?" Taecyeon asked confusingly. Yoona shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess. But I had a good reason to run away!" Yoona protested. Right after she said those words, her body stiffened. She stared at Taecyeon, who waited for Yoona to continue.

Shoot. He's my schoolmate and he knows that I'm at the mall, Yoona thought. She covered her face with her hands. This is bad, this is bad!

"You know, you're dressed…really differently," Taecyeon said, unable to find the right words. To his eyes, Yoona looked stunning. Yoona blushed and looked away.

"Er, I kind of dolled up a bit since Joon was going to take me around–" She paused. "Shoot! I don't know how to get back home!"

"Um, I can take you back home if you'd like," Taecyeon offered. "Just tell me where your house is and I'll–"

"In a car with a player? I don't think so. Just tell me where the nearest bus station is and I'll take the bus," Yoona replied. Taecyeon frowned.

"It's not like I'm going to hurt you."

"You never know. Players approach girls with different images. To me, you're approaching me with a nice boy image."

"But it's not an image! I'm really acting me–"

"Just…I can't even…Just go away, Taecyeon! I don't want you to hurt me like how you do with other girls! I know who you are! I thought that was clear already!" Yoona shouted. She ran away once again, trying to find Joon. Taecyeon stood still, clearly dumbfounded.

But I was really acting like myself, he thought to himself.