What Makes Him So Special

Not Like Everyday

At exactly six o'clock at night, Joon grabbed a pair of scissors and quickly cut the ribbon to his large house. It wasn't exactly a mansion. It was actually just a large house with more windows than walls. His party guests, who were waiting outside in the cold with anxiety, stared at the house, speechless.

"Joon's biggest party is now starting!" Joon announced proudly. A crowd of students cheered, and quickly barged into Joon's mansion. When he went inside his house, he noticed many unfamiliar faces, and wondered why he even invited the whole school. Nevertheless, he smiled and greeted every one of his guest on his guest list whenever he got the chance to. He soon looked around, desperately trying to find Yoona. However, she was nowhere to be found. He found his friends, the president of his fanclub, Hyuna, and Taecyeon, but he could not find Yoona.

Is she even coming? he wondered. He suddenly had a sick feeling in his stomach. What if Yoona wasn't coming? What is Yoona never intended to come? What if…

He stopped himself and shook his head. No, Yoona is definitely going to come. She's a special guest. She just has to come.

But after thirty minutes, she still did not arrive. He continued to glance at the door, hoping that she would make some kind of grand entrance. 

"Hey Joon!" Joon turned around, even though he knew that the voice didn't belong to Yoona. He frowned, and stared at the unfamiliar girl who was approaching him. "Nice party! I can't believe you actually invited the whole school!"

Joon gave the stranger a weak smile. "Um, yeah. I can't believe that I invited all these people either…"

"Well, it's a nice change. I thought that I would never get invited to your party." She smiled at Joon with eyes shining brightly under the chandelier. Joon bit his tongue.

Who the heck is this person? he wondered, scratching his head. "Er, yeah. Well, today's your lucky day, I guess!"

The girl sighed, and suddenly grabbed Joon's hand. "You know, there was something I was waiting for all these time. I've been giving you a box of chocolate every year during Valentine's Day, but you never gave me a reply–"

"Oh hey, Hyuna! There's Yoona!" Taecyeon shouted through the music. Fortunately, he was loud enough for Joon to hear. Joon looked up with wide eyes, only to find Yoona quietly (and secretly) closing the door behind her. She looked like she came with an empty hand. However, that didn't matter to Joon. All he was longing to see was Yoona herself. He quickly shook the girl off of him and squeezed through the tight crowd.

Meanwhile, Hyuna watched Joon desperately trying to approach Yoona. She bit her bottom lips, and tapped on Taecyeon's elbow.

"Take care of Yoona. I'm going to go and distract Joon," Hyuna said. Taecyeon stared at her, and then sighed.

"Hyuna, when are you going to give up?" he asked. "It's pretty hopeless by now."

Hyuna glared at Taecyeon. "I'm not going to let go of Joon just yet. I haven't even tried to confess to him."

"But he knows your feelings."

"So what? I want to properly express my feelings through him."

Taecyeon turned a bit pale. "Wait, so you're going to…"

Hyuna nodded her head as her cheeks turned into a soft shade of pink. "Yep. I'm going to confess to him tonight…on his birthday."

Taecyeon stared at Hyuna, who was already off to distract Joon. He bit his bottom lips, and clenched his fingers into a fist.

Why keep trying when he looks at a different woman? Taecyeon wondered, staring at Yoona. She seemed a bit scared and lost, but at the same time a bit dazed. He raced against Joon to approach Yoona, and fortunately had an advantage because Hyuna stopped Joon.

But he still didn't understand why Hyuna kept trying to reach Joon's heart. Just what made Joon so…special?