The Appearance Of Ok Taecyeon

Not Like Everyday

A teenager with broad shoulders approached Hyuna, who was sitting down at the bar table, swirling her drink in a circular motion. He sat besides Hyuna, who seemed unaware of his existence. He cleared his throat, loud enough to gather the red-haired girl's attention. 

"Oh, you're finally here," Hyuna said. The man just smiled.

"Sorry I was late. Had to ditch my new girlfriend in the snow just to get here. I bet she's bawling in the snow," the man snickered. Hyuna smirked weakly, but then gazed down at her clear drink. "So what did you need me for, Hyuna?"

Hyuna's weak smirk grew stronger and wider, as she slid a photo of a doe-eyed girl towards the mysterious man. He glanced at the photo, frowning and wondering who this cute girl was.

"Im Yoona," Hyuna answered, as if reading the man's mind. "Currently, I'm not allowed to touch her or be seen near her. It's Joon oppa's orders."

"Really? You're still trying to get that dumb guy to love you?" the man asked, smirking. Hyuna just shrugged.

"He's really cute. Plus, he's the most popular guy in school," Hyuna added. The man rolled his dark eyes and gazed back at the picture.

"So she's Im Yoona?"

"Im Yoona," Hyuna repeated, nodding her head. "She's a freaky genius. She barely attends our classes, so you either have to ace the exam to get into my school or get her to love you some other way. You won't be able to flirt with her during class."

"Can I ditch class?"

"If you do, you'd get kicked out of school," Hyuna responded. The man scowled.

"Are you sure she's really smart?" the man asked.

"Yes. I'm positive," Hyuna emphasized. "She teaches herself with books."

"So she's a nerd?"

"You can say that, I guess."

"You know that I don't like nerd," the man pointed out.

"But just look at her! She's amazingly beautiful!" Hyuna paused. "Well, not as beautiful as me."

"Mhm, whatever," the man replied, waving his hand in annoyance.

"So are you up for it?" Hyuna questioned. The man smirked and quickly covered his nose and mouth with a scarf. He lifted his thumbs up, keeping up the sly face.

"I can try," the man replied, "but like always, I'll succeed."

Hyuna grinned evilly, as she got up. She grabbed her belongings, paid for her drink and brushed her shoulder softly against the man's shoulder. She leaned closer to his ear and whispered quietly, "I'm depending on you, Taecyeon."

 

The next morning, Joon briskly walked into the school. He avoided any eye contact with students, especially the females. He was a bit ashamed about how he had rescued Yoona and kept defending her for a long time, even though it was only three minutes. He kept a stone face, trying not to show any specific emotions.

I feel like a fool, Joon thought, slightly shaking his head. He kept his nose higher in the air, trying to show his pride. I bet people were staring at Yoona, too. Gosh! I totally messed up! I–

"Hyung!" Joon turned around and found Thunder running up to him. "Hyung! Is this true?" Joon slightly groaned, as Thunder shoved the school's newspaper in front of him. "Is this true? Did you really save Yoona?"

"I…"

"Oh my gosh! So it is true!" Thunder shrieked.

"I…"

"Joon-ssi." Joon turned around to see Yoona, who looked as normal as she could possibly look. Joon wiped his sweaty hands against his blazer and his lips nervously.

"H-Hi Yoona," Joon stuttered. He failed to greet someone without stuttering. No, he failed to greet a woman without stuttering. This would surely be on the paper. He could even imagine the title of the paper: Joon Stutters In Front of a Fan.

"Joon-ssi, I'd like to…" Yoona glanced at Thunder, who stared at them with intense eyes. Joon shot Thunder a cold look, telling him to get lost. Thunder did a quick salute, and began to smirk as he took off. Joon took a deep breath, as Yoona faced him once more. "I'd like to thank you for yesterday. I'm sorry if your image, well, possibly got ruined by me."

Yeah! Joon thought. You should feel sorry for ruining my image!

"It's okay," Joon replied with honesty in his voice. It was really okay. He didn't care that his image got ruined because of saving a girl. Well, maybe his image was ruined for saving a nerd and talking to a nerd during class, but he didn't care.

"In return," Yoona started. She pulled out a yellow folder full of papers. She handed it to Joon, as he diligently accepted it. "Let me show the new student around. You are currently assigned to show the new student around, but I thought that since you saved me, I should take care of this situation."

Joon flipped through the paper, skimming through the black letters in the heavy and long paragraph. He flipped a page, and spotted an unfamiliar face. He noticed how sharp the new student's looks were.

He's really good looking, Joon thought. He might snatch away my popularity. Aish…

"You can take the job, I suppose," Yoona continued, noticing that his thoughts were wandering around. "Though I don't know what business you have with this new guy."

"Business? Pft. I have no business with this loser," Joon replied, laughing as he threw the stapled paper at Yoona. She caught it swiftly with one hand, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh really?" Yoona asked, shoving the paper back in her backpack.

"Yep. You can take over. Though I really just need a thank you," Joon replied.

"You sure?"

"Do you want me to take over this job? What business do I have with this guy?" Joon scoffed.

"Let me tell you something about this guy: His name is Ok Taecyeon and he's a–"

The bell chimed loudly before Yoona was able to finish her sentence. Joon forced a smile and waved his hand.

"That's the bell! Bye!" With that, Joon took off, having an uneasy feeling in his chest. Why am I worrying over this new student being with Yoona? She's just giving him a tour, right?