My Love Was Sincere

Not Like Everyday

The two stood still as they stared at each other. They both had the same shocked look in their eyes, but then Joon's eyes were cold while Yoona's eyes were large. Yoona could feel her relationship between Joon threatening to snap apart. She slowly wiped her sweaty hands against her pants and continued to stare into Joon's eyes. She couldn't even look away. If she looked away, it would be so shameful and rude, especially in the situation she was in.

"Yoona, answer me." Yoona stiffened even more than she did a second ago. His voice. It was so bitter.

She gulped as quietly as she could, but she knew that he heard her. "I…I…"

"Is. This. Yours?" Joon repeated. Yoona finally gasped for air as she snatched away the paper. Joon's face slightly turned pale as Yoona took a quick peek at the paper.

Everything's there, she thought, taking a deep breath. Staring right through Joon's innocent brown eyes, Yoona nodded her head. Guilt stabbed through her chest as she saw Joon's snow-white face. Acting crossed, Yoona looked away with a frown. "I thought you already knew about this by now. Were you really that dumb?"

Ba-thump. Joon's heart shattered into a million pieces. He could not keep up with Yoona's cold attitude. She didn't even give him an explanation about this! She never even said "yes!" All she did was mock him as a reply. 

Unconsciously, Joon made a fist and slammed it against a nearby bookshelf. Yoona's eyes widened and prayed that the shelf wouldn't fall. Fortunately, the book shelf only shook a bit and stopped. Yoona stared back at Joon, who began to chuckle quietly.

"Yep, I guess I was pretty dumb," Joon muttered, his head still down. Yoona bit her tongue and put her nose high up into the air.

"Wow, and now you notice–"

"I'm not talking about the paper," Joon interrupted. He slowly looked up into Yoona's bright doe-like eyes. Yoona's eyes widened even more as she met Joon's watered orbs. "I'm talking about my feelings for you."

Yoona cleared nervously as a blush crept on her cheeks. "W-What are you talking about?"

"My love…was sincere," he mumbled quietly. Yoona titled her head in confusion as Joon bumped his shoudler against hers on purpose. Yoona gasped and lost her balance for a moment until someone caught her. She looked up and met Taecyeon's confused expression.

"Woah, careful!" he exclaimed. Taecyeon looked up at Joon's back and frowned. "Wait, what's up with him?"

Yoona kept quiet as Joon suddenly came to a stop. He glanced back at his shoulders, and then scoffed.

"Just for your information, if you don't know…That girl in the photo? She's just my cousin," Joon answered. Yoona shaped into an "O" and relaxed her body. It felt so nice hearing that the girl was only Joon's cousin. She smiled, but realized that Joon was already gone.

"My love…was sincere."

What does that even mean? Yoona wondered.

 

Joon jumped over the school gates with a hard look on his face. His feelings were already brittle and crumbled. It was almost impossible to fix this situation. He let out a weak chuckle and shoved his hands into his pockets. He took a deep breath, forced a smile, and then began to whistle as he calmly ditched school.

Drip. Drip.

Joon looked down and his lips. He felt something wet on his lips, and it wasn't his tongue. It tasted salty, even though it was only a small drop of liquid. Noticing that he was crying, he quickly rubbed his tears away with his sleeves and tried to take another deep breath. However, this time his head started to hurt and he began to feel dizzy. He gripped his fingers on the gate and tried to regain his balance.

This is so stupid, he thought bitterly. Love is so stupid.