The Girl In The Photo

Not Like Everyday

"…Can't I come out now?"

"Do you think I'll let you out without Hyuna's–" Taecyeon's phone suddenly rang, causing him to stop his conversation between Yoona. He quickly picked up the call and took a deep breath. "Hyuna–"

"Taecyeon oppa, you can come back," Hyuna said. Taecyeon slightly frowned. The background noise was quieter compared to the party going on downstairs.

"Wait, where are you–"

"I'm planning to go home," Hyuna replied. Taecyeon widened his eyes.

"What? But–"

"…Please hurry. I think I'm going to cry," Hyuna whispered softly. Taecyeon quickly stood up.

"I-I'm coming. Just hold up and tell me where you are," Taecyeon said. He heard Yoona banging on the door, but he obviously ignored her and rushed to get out of the house.

"At least open the door before you leave!" Yoona yelled. There was silence on the other side of the door. She heaved a sigh and rubbed her face. She slid her back against the door and groaned. He didn't have to leave so suddenly, Yoona thought. She looked up and the ceiling and reflected on the conversation Taecyeon just had with Hyuna. So Hyuna got rejected. I wonder what she's going to do.

 

Joon was back at his party, but he couldn't find Hyuna or Yoona anywhere. He saw Taecyeon heading out right before Taecyeon glared at him. This was probably the first time Joon rejected someone so harshly. He felt guilty, but he knew that it was the only way to get Hyuna to realize that he didn't love her.

"Mir, did you see Yoona?" Joon asked, poking Mir's arm. Mir turned around and shook his head.

"No, I didn't. Oh wait, never mind, I did," Mir replied. Mir continued to dance, ignoring Joon's existence. Joon poked Mir's arm again, and this time Mir turned around with irritation. "What?"

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Well where is she? Where did you see Yoona?" Joon questioned him. Mir rolled his eyes.

"I don't know! All I remember is seeing her go up the stairs. Go ask Seungho hyung," Mir replied. He walked away to get some punch, leaving Joon frustrated. Joon searched for Seungho, and when he found him, Seungho was having a calm conversation with a couple of his other friends.

"Seungho hyung," Joon called, walking over to his friend. "Have you seen Yoona?"

Seungho turned and smiled at Joon. "Oh, hey Joon. Are you looking for Yoona? Hm…I think I her with Taec."

"But Taec left," Joon pointed out.

"All I saw was Taecyeon dragging her up the stairs. I think they went to look for you," Seungho said, shrugging his shoulders. Joon nodded his head and thanked Seungho before he left off to find Yoona. Walking up the stairs, he started to dial Yoona's number.

Please pick up, he thought. He wanted to see Yoona more than anything on his birthday, even if she wasn't the first to greet him.

 

Ring! Ring! Yoona quickly scrambled to grab her phone from her purse. She widened her eyes when she noticed who the contact was. She quickly pressed the green phone button and pressed her phone against her ear.

"Hello? Joon?" Yoona quickly said.

"Yoona, where are you?" Joon asked on the other line. Yoona looked around and scratched her head.

"I don't know. I think I'm in your room."

"My room, alright– Wait, what?" Joon shrieked. Yoona slowly stood up and walked over to a frame. She slowly smiled when she saw a picture of baby Joon smiling brightly at the camera.

"Your room has a picture of you as a baby, right? It's the small frame on the desk–"

"Okay, first of all, don't touch my stuff. How did you get to my room, anyways?" Joon questioned her.

"I don't know. Taecyeon just locked me up in a random room," Yoona replied. She glanced through the picture on Joon's desk, but abruptly stopped at one. There was a picture of Joon has a kid wrapping his arm around a younger girl. Yoona frowned a bit, and examined the photo more closely.

"Yoona, are you still there?" Joon asked.

Click! Yoona quickly turned around and met the birthday boy's brown, wide eyes. Joon panted, and widened his eyes even more when he saw Yoona skimming her finger on his desk. To be more specific, he spotted her skimming her fingers on a precious picture he had kept. Yoona gasped and quickly removed her fingers from the frame.

"S-Sorry! I didn't mean to touch your stuff! I–"

"I-It's fine," Joon interrupted, walking over to Yoona slowly. He glanced at the picture, and back at Yoona. "Does…that photo somehow bother you?"

Yoona frowned. "What? No! It doesn't! Here, your birthday present." Yoona handed Joon a blue box with yellow ribbon tied around the box. Joon was about to say something, but Yoona was already out the door. "Thanks for saving me from the room. Come on, your party is downstairs, right?"

"R-Right," Joon stuttered. He glanced back at the photo, and back at Yoona. "Yoona, doesn't that photo make you a bit irritated or–"

"Stop talking nonsense, Joon. Hurry up before I lock you in your own room," Yoona said, giggling. However, Yoona was very curious of who the little girl was in the picture.

I have research to do when I get back home, she told herself, sighing quietly.