Confession From Her

Not Like Everyday

Before anyone saw it, it was the last day of school. Graduation would take place today, and all the seniors were almost crawling around Joon. Yoona, who had eventually accepted the offer of handing a speech to the seniors, nervously glanced at the speech she had written on paper. 

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and at that moment, she thought it was Joon. She turned around and felt her heard sink down her chest. Taecyeon gave her a small smile, as Hyuna walked over to the two.

"So how are things going?" Hyuna asked. Yoona just sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not sure myself," Yoona whispered. "This is just so…nerve-wrecking."

"Huh, somehow the school's scariest, invisible nerd is feeling nervous. This is a first," Taecyeon joked. Yoona forced a smile. It wasn't because she was forcing a smile to be polite, but more like she just had to smile to light up her own mood. Hyuna, who noticed Yoona's fake smile, frowned.

"Yoona, what's bothering you?" Hyuna asked.

"Nothing!" Yoona exclaimed. However, deep in her heart, she knew that just thinking about Joon bothered her. How was she going to confess her feelings and apologize to Joon before the graduation? He was always being surrounded, and he was surrounded by more of his peers because it was the last day of school. After school, Yoona would be too busy getting ready to say her speech and staying with the seniors until the ceremony was over. After the ceremony, she would be going to her part time jobs. The next day, the two wouldn't even see each other.

"You look worried," Taecyeon said. 

"I don't–"

"No, she looks upset," Hyuna mumbled. Yoona sighed.

"You guys are worrying about me too much," Yoona replied.

"Of course we'd worry about you! Yoona, you're crushed and you're in guilt! Plus, you helped us realize the wrong deeds we did to you and Joon. If anything, we should be repaying you and support you," Hyuna said. Yoona was deeply touched, but her worries got the best of her.

"I understand, Hyuna, but…"

"There's something you want to do, right?" Taecyeon asked. "Something you really want to do before you head in to summer vacation? You can't do it, though, because of the graduation ceremony, right?"

Yoona hitched her breath. Was her face that easy to read? Taecyeon chuckled as Hyuna smirked. Hyuna quickly grabbed Yoona's speech, and then mumbled a few words out. Then, Hyuna turned to Yoona and gave her a bright smile.

"Why don't you go along or something? I'll take care of the speech," Hyuna said. Yoona's eyes widened.

"I can't let you do that–"

"Just let her Yoona. It's okay, right?" Taecyeon asked, glancing at the shocked girl. Yoona quickly calmed herself down and snatched away the piece of paper from Hyuna's hand. She gave them a faint smile, and walked away, practicing her speech and getting ready for the ceremony. Hyuna and Taecyeon glanced at each other and heaved a sigh.

Why was Yoona being so stubborn today?

 

"Joon." Joon turned around and met the red-haired flirt. School was over, and most of the students already left to prepare for their graduation ceremony or for summer vacation. Joon was on his way to the his house with his friends until he spotted Huyna. Telling his friends to go on, he approached Hyuna with cautious steps. Joon smiled softly at Hyuna, who walked up to him.

"What's up–" Before Joon was able to say a word, Hyuna ran her hand across his cheek. Joon's eyes widened slightly, shocked that Hyuna actually slapped him. He slowly looked up, wondering if his harsh rejection caused her to slap him this hard. "Hyuna…"

"You're a huge jerk," Hyuna snapped. "Ignoring a girl who's trying to apologize? Creating random images to ruin her image? Honestly, Joon! I thoguht I saw a spark in you before!"

Joon frowned. What rumors? "Hyuna, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about–"

"Yoona! I'm talking about Yoona, idiot!" Hyuna groaned. "Today after school, she's going to give a speech to the seniors, but because of you, she might be receiving tomatoes instead of claps."

Joon froze. "What…?"

Hyuna just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "You're hopeless. If you want to make things up for her, then you better see her after school at the graduation ceremony."

With that, Hyuna left Joon standing on the empty street, dumbfounded. Jiyeon, who managed to find Joon, happily skipped towards him and hugged his arm.

"Joon oppa!" Jiyeon squealed. "Where have you been? I've been waiting all day to hear your answer to my confession! So, what do you say?"

Joon stared at Jiyeon, and then back up at the corner where Hyuna had disappeared. He glanced back at Jiyeon, and could only think of Yoona's smile. Slowly, he pushed Jiyeon away and shook his head.

"Sorry Jiyeon…but I have someone else in mind."

 

Yoon took deep breaths. She didn't know that she would be saying her speech first. She never felt so nervous in her life! Hyuna quickly snatched away the note cards in Yoona's hand and flipped it through. Yoona's eyes widened as Taecyeon appeared right behind Hyuna.

"You're still nervous?" Taecyeon asked, shocked. Yoona just laughed.

"Well, I'm making a memorable speech in front of everyone who hates me," Yoona mumbled.

"I'm asking you one last time, Yoona. Do you want me to do the speech or not?" Hyuna asked irritatingly. Yoona scoffed and took away the note cards. She ordered the cards and sighed.

"I can do it," Yoona said. "Don't worry. I'm smart enough to be careful of what I say."

"Yoona…" Hyuna paused, and then bit her bottom lips. "Let's say Joon is coming. Let's say that Joon is coming right now, at this moment. Wouldn't you want to spend the last few moments with him or something?"

"Hyuna, don't tell me you asked him to come!" Yoona exclaimed. "What did you say to him?"

"Nothing! I just slapped him and said that he was a jerk–"

"You slapped him?" Yoona dropped her jaws and stared at her friend. "Hyuna, I have to apologize to him for that! Ugh, you make things so much harder for me–"

"Yoona-ssi! Please come up on the stage," a staff member called. Yoona began to panic. A part of her wanted to go up and finish her speech, but a majority part of her wanted to let Hyuna or Taecyeon handle the speech for her. Yoona bit her tongue and froze on her spot. The words and calls that her ear had heard deafened, and her vision got slightly blurry. What felt like hours passed by like seconds. Yoona slowly turned to her friends.

Going up on that stage would be wrong. She knew exactly what she had to do.

 

When Joon arrived at the graduation ceremony, he found Hyuna on the stage, saying a complicated speech. Joon looked around, hoping to find Yoona. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and turned around. Taecyeon stared at him, shocked.

"Joon, what are you doing here?" Taecyeon asked.

"Yoona. Where's Yoona?" Joon questioned quickly.

"Yoona? She left earlier! She ran to head to your house!" Taecyeon exclaimed. Joon took off before saying another word. Taecyeon stood at his spot, and then smirked. He looked up at Hyuna and gave her a sign, signaling that Joon and Yoona were going to meet. Hyuna smirked in reply, and continued her speech.

 

"What? Joon's not here?" Yoona asked. Mir shrugged his shoulders.

"He went back to school after Hyuna slapped him," Mir replied. Yoona's eyes widened.

"You saw?!" 

"No, I heard."

"Are you serious? Argh!" Yoona ran off, ignoring Mir's comment about the slap Joon had received.

 

After running for miles, Yoona stopped and panted. She stopped in front of the hospital Joon had been, and decided to rest on the bench there. As she sat down to rest, she couldn't help but wonder why she wasn't able to meet Joon. Was it fated for her to be forbidden to see Joon? She stared down at her lap, and scrunched her face to hold back her tears.

It was useless.

Her tears trickled down her cheeks nonstop, wondering if Joon would ever see her. Actually, she was wondering if she would ever see Joon again. Shr curled her fingers into the fist and watched her tears spalsh on the back of her hand. She felt pathetic. Was this her first time crying? She couldn't remember. This feeling was too familiar to her, but she didn't know why.

"There, there," a familiar voice said. "No need to cry."

Yoona quickly looked up. Her eyes met the warmest pair of eyes she had seen in her life. Her doe-like eyes widened and she threw her arms around Joon's shoulder. She began to sob, mumbling out apologies and other nonsense.

Joon couldn't have been happier in his life. "Yoona, why are you crying? You made me run back and forth just to see you. I didn't run to you just to see you cry."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry…" Yoona sobbed. Joon just chuckled.

"You're going crazy," Joon whispered. "Calm down, will you?"

"I'm sorry…I'm very sorry!" Yoona cried. After a few minutes, Yoona's sobs and tears disappeared. She was shaking a little, but not because she was afraid. She was scared that Joon might leave any moment, but she was mostly shaking because she couldn't express her joy. Wiping her eyes, Yoona sniffed and slightly pouted. "I'm sorry."

"I know," Joon replied.

"I'm really sorry–"

"I know that already," Joon said softly.

"Joon…"

"Hm?"

Yoona slowly sat straight up and grabbed Joon's hand. Joon felt himself get nervous. 

"I'm an idiot. No, I was a jerk," Yoona confessed. "I didn't know about your feelings until just recently, and I didn't think things were going to end up like this. I shouldn't have research you like that, and I should've just went up to you and asked about your favorites and all the other information I secretly got. I understand if you hate me, but I want to tell you something."

"I'm listening," Joon said. He felt his heart race, anticipating on what Yoona would have to say next. Yoona took a deep breath, and stared deeply into Joon's eyes.

"Though my love isn't as sincere as yours…I still love you," Yoona breathed. At that moment, Joon was stunned. He didn't know how to respond to Yoona's confession. His idea of replying to such case was rejecting the confession. However, Joon couldn't open his mouth to reject Yoona's touching confession. He felt his heart race even faster, and was afraid that his chest would burst any minute now.

Then, he slowly tucked a strand of hair behind Yoona's ear and leaned closer. Yoona, who knew where this was going, slowly closed her eyes and waited to feel the spark in her heart. Joon's lips crashed into Yoona's lips, and none of them pulled back. A new, tingling sensation rushed through their body as both almost the heart beat of the other gender. 

Slowly, Joon pulled back and Yoona opened her eyes gently. As Yoona blushed, Joon could only smile and tuck back another strand of hair behind Yoona's ear.

"I don't care if your love isn't as sincere as mine. I still love you, too," Joon whispered. The two enveloped the silence with another sweet kiss, and this time they embraced each other with love and care. Many visitors in the hospital watched the couple hug and kiss each other and let out soft chuckles or bubbly giggles.

After all, it wasn't like everyday you would see a kingka fall in love with a nerd.