Strange

Not Like Everyday

It was strange. Not the strange where you see something different. Not the strange where you thought someone was wacky, but in strange as a strong, uneasy feeling. It was quite strange for the blond-haired kingka, Joon, to realize such an invisible girl. She wasn't physically invisible, but she was unnoticeable. Not one person in this school seemed to care about her existence. She didn't seemed to care either. This unusual, brown-haired girl just read her book as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world. She clearly did not notice the school's clown, Eunhyuk, joking around and making a crowd surround him. She clearly did not notice about the students excitedly talking about the new cheerleaders that made it into Varsity. She simply was the kind of girl who did not yearn to be like the girl many girls wanted to have: money, popularity, and attention.

Those three things were what Joon had always yearned for and had. True, it seemed like he had everything he needed, but he felt that something was missing. He was very rich, due to his father's amazingly successful company and his mother's skills for business. He was extremely popular, too. He was known for his particular interest in ballad, and his amazing voice when singing. He worked out quite often to impress the girls, who would faint every time they saw his abs. He had all the attention he needed because of his popularity and his friends. However, one person wasn't giving him the attention that he wanted.

Joon finally tapped on the maknae's shoulder, who looked up from his bowl of noodles. Mir scowled, upset that he was interrupted when eating. "What?" Mir asked, obviously annoyed.

Joon pointed at the girl who was sitting at her table, alone. "Who's she?"

Mir glanced at the doe-eyed girl Joon was pointing at. "Ah, her? You don't want to know her."

"Why not?"

Mir groaned. "There's not reason to know her. She doesn't do anything but read, do homework, and go home."

"Does she have friends?"

"Uh, yeah," Mir said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "You think that if she has friends, she'll be sitting alone?"

Joon stare down at his lunch, feeling stupid. Of course she had no friend! Why else would she be sitting alone, reading a book and nibbling on a measly baby carrot?

Joon's eyes gazed at the girl as he tapped on his other friend, Thunder. "Hey, who's that girl all alone?"

Thunder looked up and squinted his eyes. "Who? That girl reading the book?" Joon nodded his head. "That's Im Yoona. She's pretty, isn't she?"

"Why's she all alone?" Joon asked, ignoring Thunder's last sentence. Thunder shrugged his shoulder up and down, as G.O smirked.

"Why are you interested in her?" G.O questioned. "Do you like her?"

Joon flustered, as Seungho joined in the teasing. "Mwoh? You find her attractive? No way!"

"I think she'd be better than Hyuna. Yoona would be way quieter than Hyuna. She really gets on my nerves!" Mir commented. The rest agreed, as Joon stared down at his lunch. It was true that he found Hyuna, the girl who flirts with Joon almost everyday, annoying. He didn't like Hyuna at all. She was stupid, a flirt, and annoying. However, he could never tell Hyuna to back off, due to his kind heart. He would always accept Hyuna's flirt, but he would not flirt back. Instead, he would just smile awkwardly, and when class ended, he would rush out of the classroom. 

"Why are you so curious about her all of the sudden?" Thunder asked, biting into his ham and cheese sandwich that his sister, Sandara, had made. "I mean, I know she's pretty, but just saying…"

"I don't know either," Joon replied honestly. "I just have a feeling that I should get to know her and say hi to her."

"Then go say hi to her. You'll probably freak her out," G.O snickered. Seungho gave G.O a high-five. Joon glared at the two, as he stood up. 

"Maybe I will say hi to her," Joon replied, "and I assure you, she will not run away."

"Whatever. Hey, she disappeared," Seungho said, widening his eyes. Joon looked up and found that the table the girl was sitting was empty. Joon scowled, as he slumped back on his chair. "I guess I'll just have to talk to her next time," Joon mumbled.

"Good idea," Mir replied, munching on his noodles. "Good idea…"