Run To Something

Not Like Everyday

Yoona found herself at the hospital. She couldn't believe herself. She was wearing a pair of sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt with her cell phone clutched in her hands. What was she thinking? How could she just…run here without getting changed? How could she just take off from her couch and run to the hospital? She felt like a fool.

 

Yoona was eating a bag of chips and reading a random book she picked out from her own bookshelf. She didn't even know what book she was reading, but the story began to feel familiar as she flipped each page. It was about to be 10 o' clock in the morning when Yoona's cell phone suddenly rang. She raised an eyebrow and looked over the screen of her phone. It was a call from Joon, or that's what she thought.

I guess he called to apologize or something, Yoona thought. Her lips curved into a smile. Finally! Her friendship with Joon can be repaired! But why did she feel so happy? Yoona pressed the green "call" button and pressed her phone against her ear.

"This better be good," Yoona said bluntly. She frowned at herself. Why was her answer so modest and blunt? It felt strange, but at the same time giddy.

"…I hate you," muttered a cold voice. Yoona frowned. This voice belonged to a woman, and Yoona knew exactly who this voice belonged to.

"Hyuna?" Yoona called out loud. "How do you have Joon's phone–"

"Joon's in the Seoul Hospital. Better go if you want to see him." 

And just like that, she hung up. Yoona stared at her phone weirdly, and then carefully thought about what Hyuna had said.

Hate…Joon…Hospital… Yoona almost dropped her phone on the ground. Joon was at the hospital.

And it possibly could be her fault.

 

"Yoona-ssi! How did you know that Joon was here?" a familiar voice called from behind. Yoona turned her head around, only to find Mir walking up to her with Seungho. She gave Mir a weak smile.

"Oh, hello Mir. Um…Hyuna called me, telling me to come here," Yoona replied quickly. "I-I didn't know that Joon was here. Why's he at the hospital?"

Mir had a look of disappointment written over his face as Seungho gave Yoona an assuring smile.

"Apparently he hadn't ate anything in the morning or had any sleep last night. According to the school, he fainted," Seungho explained. 

"Why? Is he okay now? Is he sick? Are they giving him the care they did? Didn't anyone make sure he ate his meal in the morning or at least told him to sleep early?" Yoona asked. She started to panic, and her face seemed to be worried. Mir and Seungho gave each other strange glances, and then broke into a grin. Yoona stared at them and frowned. They knew something that she didn't know.

And she hated it when she felt dumb.

"What? What's so funny? Tell me!" Yoona demanded. The boys shook their head and walked past by Yoona with ease. Yoona puffed her cheeks angrily and stared at the boys in frustration. Why would they not tell her what was funny? She felt like she was being ignored.

"Come on, Yoona-ssi. We know that you want to see Joon," Mir called. For a strange reason, Yoona's cheeks began to feel warm. She looked down at her shoes for no particular reason. She felt a knot in her stomach, but she didn't understand if this feeling was supposed to be bad or good.

"I-I'm coming," Yoona stuttered. 

Why did I just stutter?

"Hurry up! We're going to take the elevator without you!" Seungho declared. Yoona frowned and ran towards the two boy. She didn't know why, but she felt like she wasn't in control of her own feet. She felt like her feet had a mind of their own, and as if they wanted to run towards something.

Or actually, if felt like they wanted to run to something.


A/N: OMG~~ I UPDATED AFTER A GAZILLION YEARS!!! *O* I'm so sorry for the extremely slow update! T_T It's because I have a couple of projects coming up (group projects, to be specific) and I think we all know how long projects can take. -o- Anyways, I wanted to advertise my new story I have up on AFF. I'm not asking for you to subscribe to it or anything, but check it out? If you like it, I'd be nice for you to subscribe :3

That Cold Wall Called Fate ~