A True Smile

Not Like Everyday

When Taecyeon found Hyuna at the library, he found her reading a book. Or at least that's what he thought she was going. When he approached Hyuna and glanced at the title of the book, he found out that the book was upside down. He chuckled quietly and shook his head as he took a seat across Hyuna. 

"Hyuna, you're reading the book upside down," Taecyeon informed her. Hyuna didn't say anything, nor did she do anything. Her face suddenly crept into a wide smile.

"Did you hear?" Hyuna asked creepily. Taecyeon raised an eyebrow. "About what?" he asked.

"About Joon and Yoona. Their friendship went…poof!"

 

Joon sneezed. He groaned and rubbed his nose. He bet that Yoona was thinking or at least talking about him to someone. 

But that made no sense, since she had no friends to talk to.

Probably someone is talking about how good I look or something, Joon told himself. He paused and shook his head. Stop boasting about your looks, Joon! Think about Yoona for once!

He paused for a moment. He tried to think, and he really tried hard. However, his thoughts were blank. He didn't know what to do with Yoona. Was he supposed to apologize for his behavior?

But Yoona started the argument first. She shouldn't have asked so many questions.

Was he supposed to wait until Yoona apologized?

That was a good idea, but it wasn't likely for Yoona to come to him and apologize. Plus, she didn't care about her friendship with him anymore, right? So now what was he supposed to do?

He stopped his tracks for a moment. His sneakers squeaked, echoing in the halls of the school. His suddenly realized how his heart started to ache. He suddenly realized how much he missed Yoona, and how much he wanted her back as a friend. He shook his head. That didn't make any sense. If he stopped being friends with the four friends he had right now, it wouldn't matter.

But something about Yoona made him want to beg on his knees and ask to be his friend again. Something about Yoona made him want to get closer to her, like a magnet.

Then reality dawned on him. He stood alone in the hallways, dazed and shocked with himself.

He was in love with Yoona, but he didn't know why.

 

Taecyeon stared at Hyuna with wide eyes. He could never imagine Joon's and Yoona's friendship shatter. No, they seemed to have the unbreakable friendship! How could they break apart so fast?

"Why?" Taecyeon questioned, curious. Hyuna shrugged her shoulders and closed her book.

"That doesn't matter, Taecyeon. What matters is that we did it. We were able to break their friendship apart!Aren't you proud?" Hyuna asked excitedly. 

Taecyeon gave her a weak smile. He was happy, yet at the same time guilty. He was excited to get to know Yoona more, but his heart ached in pain. How could he let someone's friendship get ruined? How could he let himself do such a cruel and unnecessary thing?

He could not praise himself, but was able to praise Hyuna for her cruel work. If he was friends with Hyuna and wasn't in debt towards Hyuna, he might've stopped her evil scheme in the first place.

"Taecyeon?" Hyuna called. "You okay?"

Taecyeon nodded his head and stood up. "I got to go. I have tons of homework to do."

Hyuna pouted. "Oh…I see. I thought we could go get some ice cream, but I guess you're busy. Next time?"

Taecyeon nodded his head. "Sure, next time."

He stood up, turned, and took two steps away from Hyuna. 

"Wait!" she quickly called. Taecyeon stopped and turned around. He raised an eyebrow as Hyuna gave him the softest smile. "Thanks."

Taecyeon stopped and stared. Then, he smirked and shrugged his shoulders as if it was no big deal. He walked away and out the library. 

It was his first time seeing Hyuna give him a real smile.