Compliment

Not Like Everyday

"We're here," Joon announced. The first thing Yoona did was unbuckle her seatbelt, open the door, and slammed the door close behind her. She took a deep breath of fresh air as Joon hopped out of the car.

"Finally! Land!" Yoona cheered. "Goodbye you stupid car!"

"It's not stupid, okay? It's a beauty," Joon protested. Yoona rolled her eyes as she examined her surroundings. There were large amounts of cars filling up the parking spaces, and tons of people (mostly teenagers) were heading towards the gigantic, white building. Yoona raised an eyebrow.

"Are we…at the mall?" Yoona asked, scrunching her eyebrows. She turned to Joon who gave her a bright smile.

"Yep, the mall!" With a single button, Joon locked the car as he took Yoona's hand. "I thought that since you weren't really sociable, I could take you to the mall so you can get to know some girls who hang around here."

Yoona turned pale. "N-No, I shouldn't. Really, I shouldn't be here."

"Oh, come on! Going into the mall and hanging out won't harm you or anything," Joon said. Yoona continued to shake her head.

"It will definitely harm me. Joon-ssi, you know that this is the second worse day of my life, right? You took me to the mall in a car."

"Yoona, you're being very stubborn right now. Just come with me. I thought you trusted me," Joon pointed out, pouting. Yoona shook her head and bit her bottom lips.

"I'll go wherever you want to as long as there isn't a lot of people! I'll even ride that car of yours if I have to! Just please, not the mall! It'll ruin my image as a good student!" Yoona begged. Joon rolled his eyes as he pushed Yoona towards the mall.

"Come on, you're ruining my image. Come on, let's call this a date then," Joon said, smirking. Yoona's eyes widened in reply, but then Joon ignored her. He glanced at her shocked expression, and chuckled. "And since it's a date, I'll pay for everything you want."

 

"Hyuna-ah…isn't that Joon?" Hyuna's friend, Jiyoon, asked, pointing at Joon and yoona. Hyuna looked up with a bright expression until she caught site of the innocent, doe-eyed girl. Her face turned to a scowl, as she angrily sipped on her smoothie.

"What the heck is she doing with him?" Hyuna snapped. Hyuna and her four friends caught site of Joon holding hands with Yoona when he pulled her into an accessory store. Sohyun, the youngest of the five, dropped .

"OMO, OMO! I'm telling you, they're dating! Kya!!!" Sohyun squealed. Hyuna almost spat out her smoothie. 

"WHAT?!" Hyuna screamed. A couple of heads turned to Hyuna's direction, but quickly went back to their own business. Hyuna growled and smashed her smoothie cup. "DATING?! I cannot let that happen!"

"But it already happened," Jihyun pointed out.

"Shut up!" Hyuna snapped rudely. Jihyun flinched, as Hyuna took out her phone. She immediately scrolled down her contact lists and clicked "call" once she found the person she needed to contact. After a few rings, the person on the other line picked up.

"Hello–"

"TAEC!" Hyuna shouted. "I need you right now!"

"But–"

"It's an emergency! Joon and Yoona can possibly be dating!"

 

"This looks pretty on you," Joon said, pointing at a silver hair clip. Yoona laughed weakly and shook her head. Then, she turned her head around, making sure that no one at school saw her. She let out a sigh, as Joon frowned. "You have to relax, Yoona. Stop being so cautious like if someone followed you."

"B-But I can't help it," Yoona said weakly. "I only went to supermarkets for food, and the convenience store for anything else I need. I've never been at the mall."

"Never?"

"Never."

Joon heaved a sigh. "Well, I'll cover for you then. Look around, enjoy the accessories."

"But J–"

"Oh look! Hairbands!" Joon cheered. He pulled Yoona deeper into the shop, which made her cringe. He pointed at a fluffy, white hairband and grinned. "Want to try this on?"

"I-I shouldn't–" But before Yoona was able to complete her sentence, Joon slipped on the hairband over Yoona's head. She pouted her lips, as Joon stared at her in awe. For some reason, Yoona seemed to glow when she wore the headband. She seemed cuter, yet more stylish and mature. 

"Joon-ssi?" Yoona called, waving her hand over Joon's shocked face. "Joon-ssi, are you okay? Joon-ssi?!"

Joon quickly snapped out of his thoughts and blinked his eyes. Then, he coughed awkwardly as a blush heated up his cheeks.

"Y-You look cute with the hairband. C-Come on, I'll b-buy it for you," Joon stuttered. He mentally scolded himself for acting so foolish in front of Yoona, but Yoona just giggled. A small smile crept on her face as she nodded her head.

That was the nicest compliment she had ever received from a boy at school.