Lunch with Five

Not Like Everyday

During lunch, Yoona sat with Joon again. The only difference this time was that she was sitting with the rest of the Joon's friend. Mir and Thunder exchanged awkwardly glances, as G.O and Seungho stared at Yoona, dumbfounded. Joon bit his bottom lips.

This was what I was afraid of, Joon thought, staring at Yoona. Yoona, however, didn't seem to mind the attention she was getting. She simply ate her food with her head down. Joon suddenly noticed how Yoona had her head down every time when eating lunch and being with people.

"Joon," Thunder whispered. Joon leaned closer to Thunder. "What's she doing here?"

"I don't know, don't ask me," Joon mumbled.

"But you brought her here," Mir said, joining in the chat.

"Joon didn't bring me here. I came here in my own will," Yoona replied boldly. Mir squeaked.

"She speaks!" Seungho exclaimed. "Gosh, I thought she was mute this whole time."

"Really? I thought she was blind. I've been hearing rumors about her looking at the sun too much, so she got blind," G.O replied smoothly. "So I thought she came here because she didn't know where the table was."

Yoona shot the two boys a glare. "Whatever rumor you're hearing about me, it's a lie."

"Oh, so the rumor about you falling in love with Taecyeon was a lie, too?" Thunder asked. Yoona gagged on her food, as Joon began coughing. After Joon settled himself, he stared at Thunder with a curious and shocked look.

"What?! What kind of rumor is that?" Joon yelled. 

"That rumor is definitely a lie," Yoona replied calmly. "What's wrong with people these days?"

"Dude, she can speak like a girl," Seungho whispered to Joon. Joon slapped his hand on his face. He was beginning to wonder why he was hanging around with guys like Seungho.

 

"Joon," Yoona called, running up to Joon. Joon turned to Yoona, as he slammed his locker closed.

"What's up?" Joon questioned. 

"I hope you're not mad about how I just sat at your table again," Yoona said quietly. "I really like your friends, even though they're a bit…how do you say, cuckoo?"

Joon laughed. "No problem. Don't worry, I'm wondering why I'm sitting with those guys or even hanging out with them, too."

Yoona smiled. "Alright. Well, since that's settled, I have something to ask you. You know about the new student, right? Taecyeon?"

Joon's face immediately fell. "Yeah, what about him?"

"Well…"

"JOON OPPA!" a cheerful voice squealed. Before Joon knew it, he was knocked down on the ground, feeling a pair of skinny arms wrapping (more like choking) around his neck.

"Gah…Ah…Pah!" Joon gasped. "Who…"

"Hyuna, I think you're choking him," Yoona informed. Hyuna snuggled Joon a bit more, and then shot a glare at Yoona.

"Hmph! Just because you think you can do whatever you want because you're smart, doesn't mean that you can boss people around," Hyuna spat. Yoona bit her bottom lips.

"Excuse me, Hyuna-ssi, but I'm not trying to be rude–"

"Yoona!" Yoona turned around to see Taecyeon, running up to her. She cringed, as Taecyeon put a hand on her shoulder. He flashed her a grin. "Hey, Yoona! Did you eat lunch yet?"

"Yeah, I did," Yoona replied. "I'm a bit busy, Taecyeon-ssi. Can you please–"

"Taecyeon oppa! This is perfect! Can you…er, this girl away?" Hyuna pleaded, pouting. "Joon oppa is probably irritated. His shoulders are really stiff."

"I–"

"Sure." Taecyeon interrupted Joon, smiling. He turned to Yoona, and grabbed her hand. She blushed lightly, only people of skin-ship. "Well, since you have lunch, and you're a genius, why don't you teach me a little bit about math in the library?"

Yoona bit her lower lips. To her, the library was a precious place. Even when she didn't want to go to the library, she would somehow end up being in the library and pick out a book to read. She couldn't resist the offer to go to the library and help a student study.

Resist, Yoona! Resist! she told herself. 

"I…I…Sure, why not?" Yoona replied, smiling weakly. Taecyeon flashed a grin. It wasn't like the happy grins. It was more like an evil grin that said, "Ha-I-found-your-weakness." Yoona frowned, disappointed with herself. Joon dropped his mouth, not liking the sight of Taecyeon pulling Yoona away from him.