A Pathetic Friend

Not Like Everyday

"Where the heck did he go?" Yoona muttered to herself. She glanced around and found Taecyeon following behind her. She secretly glared at him and continued to search for Joon. "I couldn't have gone too far…"

She continued to walk frantically, desperate to find her friend. As time passed by, she started to notice that less and less people were at the mall. It was almost closing time, and she still couldn't find Joon. Taecyeon, who was following Yoona everywhere, cleared his throat.

"Er, you know you have the option of…"

"Forget it, Taecyeon," Yoona snapped coldly. "I'm not going anywhere with you–" She stopped her tracks as Taecyeon stopped his, too. A sudden grin crawled on Yoona's face as she caught site of a blonde-haired boy…with Hyuna.

"It's him!" Yoona cried joyfully. She dashed towards Joon, calling out, "Joon! Joon!"

Joon, who was worn out by hanging with Hyuna, turned around. His face suddenly brightened up when he caught site of Yoona. 

"Yoona!" Joon exclaimed. "Where were you–" He looked up to see Taecyeon behind Yoona, who looked a bit frustrated. Joon shaped his mouth with a small 'O' and stared at Taecyeon. "Oh. So you ran into Taecyeon, huh?"

"Can we go home now? I'm tired and it took me forever to find you," Yoona said, pouting. Joon was just about to agree with Hyuna clung onto Joon's arm.

"Wait!" she shouted. "Joon oppa can't just leave! He…"

"Hang out with Taecyeon, then. You two are friends, right? Or actually, let me say allies," Yoona grunted. Taecyeon's face turned red in embarrassment as Hyuna's face turned white.

"W-What?! Allies? What kind of statement is that? Taecyeon and I are complete strangers!" Hyuna lied, trying to cover up the truth.

"She knows," Taecyeon whispered. "She knows a lot."

Hyuna turned to Taecyeon and gasped. "You told her?"

"No! I wouldn't say anything! She…somehow found out," Taecyeon said uncomfortably.

"So you did tell her!"

"Tell Yoona what? Can someone explain to me what's going on?" Joon asked, groaning. Yoona glanced at Hyuna and Taecyeon, who exchanged embarrassed glances. Hyuna flashed Joon a smile with her pearly white teeth.

"Never mind that, we should have dinner together–"

"And while you two get dinner, maybe I can drop off Yoona on my way home," Taecyeon added helpfully. Hyuna nodded her head in approval and glanced at Joon.

"Joonie oppa! Let's go eat!" Hyuna said cutely. Joon hesitated for a moment, and then looked at Yoona. She had a frown on her face, obviously trying to tell him to not go with Hyuna. He gave Yoona an apologetic look and turned to Hyuna. He forced a smile, which was weak and dim.

"Sure! Let's go and get something to eat," Joon agreed. Hyuna clapped her hands and squealed as Yoona stared at him. Her expression was calm, but at the same time, she was upset with Joon's decision. There wasn't any shocked expression, however, clearly telling Joon that Yoona knew what his decision would be. Yoona shook her head and sighed.

"You know Joon, one day you're going to have to say no. You're going to have to refuse, or else you won't learn to become stronger," Yoona lectured. Joon did not say anything. He just nodded his head, but he did not listen. Actually, he did listen, but he didn't quite care about what Yoona had said at the current moment. He was just thinking of a place to eat with Hyuna. Taecyeon gently grabbed Yoona's arm and pulled her away.

"Come on, let's go," Taecyeon whispered. Yoona just nodded her head and walked away with Taecyeon, angry and frustrated. Hyuna, too, skipped away, ready to go to the parking lot. The three left Joon standing alone, thinking to himself.

I'm so pathetic, Joon thought to himself, shaking his head. He walked behind Hyuna, who kept on chatting and updating Joon about her life. Joon just nodded his head, and tried his best to focus on Hyuna. However, his attention was turned to Yoona, who was at least a few feet away from him and Hyuna. He watched her get into the other side of the car with Taecyeon, looking afraid. Once she was forced to get in his car, the two drove away to Yoona's house. Joon hissed quietly to himself and ran his fingers through his hair.

I'm pathetic, Joon thought. Pathetic enough to let my friend down. My true friend.