Two Reports

Not Like Everyday

"Please turn in your book report, class," the teacher said. She was an old and cranky lady, around her 30s or possibly 50s. Joon proudly got out the five-paged essay he "wrote" for his report. He had to crumble the paper up earlier so that it would look like Joon had actually wrote the essay and had it in his backpack. To his side, Hyuna groaned. She rolled her eyes and studied her perfectly painted nails. She glanced at Joon and flashed a smile, flipped her red hair.

"Joon," Hyuna said in a sweet voice. "I forgot to do my report. Can you give me your report?"

Joon hesitated. "But I really need this grade…"

"Pwease?" Hyuna begged, fluttering her eyelashes. Joon was able to resist Hyuna's "sweet charms." However, being the softy he was, he pushed his assignment towards Hyuna by an inch.

No! Joon thought, scolding himself. I can't give this to Hyuna! Yoona wrote it for me! I can't do this! It'll be wrong! But…it is my report. I can do whatever I want with it. Still…

The door slid open, as 20 students looked up to see who it was. Joon couldn't believe his eyes when he saw who was walking inside the classroom–Yoona. Yoona scanned across the classroom and smiled. She turned to the teacher, who looked pleased to see her.

"Why, Yoona! What are you doing here?" the teacher asked.

"Oh, I needed to speak with Joon-ssi," Yoona said. The teacher immediately frowned. She turned and narrowed her eyes at Joon as if he was some kind of bad gangster.

"Joon! Get up!" the teacher snapped.

"Oh, it's not like Joon is in trouble! He just kind of…dropped his report," Yoona explained, glancing at Joon. Joon frowned for a moment, but then quickly realized that Yoona wanted him to pretend to search in his backpack. He turned around, checked his bag, and turned back to the teacher. He flashed the teacher an awkward smile.

"Oops! Yeah, it must've, well…slipped," Joon mumbled. Yoona smiled and walked up to Joon. She handed him the paper, flipping her long, smooth hair. She leaned close to him, as if she wanted to tell Joon a secret.

"You're a very good actor," Yoona commented. "You should try acting."

Joon was able to smirk at Yoona's comment. "They don't call me a kingka for no reason."

"Funny," Yoona said blankly," because I'm twice as better than you, and I don't even get to be called a queenka. Huh. Life is funny that way, right." Obviously what Yoona had said was not a question. It was more like a statement, like that sentence just had to get out. Knowing that Yoona didn't want Joon to answer back, he nodded his head and took the report Yoona was handing him.

"But why do I need two reports?" Joon whispered. Yoona's eyes rolled to Hyuna, who was playing with her red hair, annoyed with Yoona being so close to Joon. Yoona turned back to Joon and gestured her shoulder at Hyuna's direction.

"Does that explain why you need two reports?" Yoona asked. Joon flushed, ashamed that Yoona found out about how Joon was about to give Hyuna his paper. Yoona smirked and patted Joon's blond hair. "You're a good boy, Joon, but just know who you're going to give something, too. Plus…I don't think that it'll be reasonable for her to get an A+. You have a better chance, and she…doesnt."

"Thanks," Joon muttered. "I'll remember that."

"No problem." With that, Yoona turned around, bowed at the teacher, and left the class.

Suddenly, the class erupted into whispers. Students turned right and left, wondering how Joon knew that nerd. Joon didn't think that Yoona was a nerd. He thought that she was more like those kind of special people who could shine, but just chooses not to. The teacher slammed her ruler against her table, making everyone flinch and seal their lips.

"That's enough talking!" the teacher yelled. "Everyone, get your workbooks out and go to page 45! Now!"

"Psh. The teacher has the easy job. They just order around and tell us to do work. I mean, don't they know that every student has to suffer with all these work?" Hyuna whispered to Joon, rolling her eyes. Joon couldn't help but smile at Hyuna's comment. It was a bit funny to Joon, since it somehow related to Yoona.

Not every student has to suffer with homework, Joon thought, scribbling the answers on the workbook. Yoona's a genius. She just has to read books and educate herself.