Ignoring

Not Like Everyday

A/N: Before I head to the story, there seems to have some confusion about the last chapter. Therefore, I summed the last chapter up so that the readers who were confused could better understand it.

Basically what happened was that Joon finds out that Yoona had been researching his private life, which caused Joon to feel upset. He always knew that Yoona was smart, but he always thought that Yoona understood him. After he finds out that Yoona had only looked Joon's private life, he feels betrayed and dumbfounded.

Yep, that's basically the summary of the last chapter. Still confused? Don't hesitate to ask below or PM me or something!


A few weeks later, Yoona barely got to see Joon. She desperately wanted to apologize, but then Joon would always ignore her or walk away. The two knew that avoiding and chasing after each other wasn't the right thing to do.

But it was the only thing they could do at that current moment.

It was finally lunch, and Yoona was fed up. She was eating lunch with Taecyeon and Hyuna because they were the only ones who accepted her in their group. All the other girls hated her for crushing Joon's "poor little heart" and the guys thought that she was just a crazy flirt.

"I can't believe him!" Yoona cried, throwing her sandwich in her brown paper bag. "I can't believe that he's making up all these crazy rumors! How unbelievable! He's gone mad!"

"The only person who's gone mad is you," Hyuna mumbled, looking away. Yoona shot her a glare as Taecyeon stood up to defend Hyuna.

"She's got a point, Yoona. You're the one who's freaking out. Why don't you talk to the girls and the guys about the false rumors coming up?" Taecyeon asked. Yoona narrowed her eyes.

"Do you think I'm not trying to do that?" Yoona asked, scowling. "I'm trying my best to talk to them, but they would cuss at me and run away."

"And I still can't believe you just realized that Joon had feelings for you," Hyuna said, grabbing Yoona's sandwich from her bag. Yoona's cheeks turned red.

"I-I only found out this morning when I told Taec–"

"Ew, tomatoes."

"Hyuna!" Taecyeon scolded.

"What? It's just tomatoes," Hyuna exclaimed.

"But it's rude interrupting Yoona," Taecyeon pointed out. Hyuna sighed and rolled her eyes. She took Yoona's smooth, white hand and gave her a small smile.

"Yoona, don't worry. Joon's not worth it. You don't need him in your life. Just move on with me. We'll find true love soon. I promise," Hyuna said. She squeezed Yoona's hand, who gave her a long stare.

"Just move on with me."

Moving on.

Was that even worth the time to do so?

 

"Hey Joon! What's up?" Mir greeted, putting his arm around Joon's tensed shoulders. Joon pushed Mir away and continued to walk in silence. Mir frowned and glanced back at the three other friends who gave him a shrug.

"Joon, you okay?" G.O. asked, running up to Joon. Joon shrugged his shoulders.

Biting his bottom lip, Thunder said, "Do you have an illness or something? Did something happen?"

"Sort of," Joon muttered.

"What? What happened?" Mir asked excitedly. Joon shook his head and looked away from his friends.

"I'd rather not talk about it…"

"Oh, come on, Joon! We're your buddies! You can tell us anything! We promise that we won't do anything bad!" Seungho exclaimed.

Joon sighed and walked a bit faster. "I'm going to seventh period. See you guys later."

The four boys stopped walking as they watched Joon head to his class. Their eyes blinked, and they couldn't help but suspect Joon. Joon was heading to his class. He was heading to class right after lunch. Most importantly, Joon was going to class ten minutes early.

There was something definitely strange going on.

 

"Joon oppa!" Joon turned around and met a pair of bright, brown orbs. The little girl was jumping up and down as she skipped towards Joon. Joon forced a smile, but had no idea who this stranger was.

"Oh, hi," Joon greeted. The girl pouted and played with her hair.

"Aigoo! I feel like you forgot my name or something," the girl mumbled. Then, leaning close to Joon's face, she whispered, "My name is Jiyeon. Remember that."

Jiyeon.

"Oh, you're that girl in my history class," Joon said, remembering the familiar girl. Jiyeon grinned.

"And…?"

Joon frowned. "There's more?"

Jiyeon giggled. "Of course! I'm also the vice president of your fanclub, the face of a popular group of girls in our school, and an A-plus student who won tons of awards."

"Oh…yeah…" Joon said quietly. Even though he tried to sound confident, he was totally clueless of the girl.

"Don't you remember one other thing?" Jiyeon asked. She slowly placed her elegant fingers on Joon's shoulder. Joon quickly stiffened.

"One what?" he asked. Jiyeon slightly pouted as she leaned her head against Joon's shoulder.

"Oh, you know…I kind of did something a few years ago and you never gave me an answer. I should proudly say that I was the first girl that you considered after I confessed to you," Jiyeon blurted. Joon frowned. He had rejected so many girls before, he couldn't even remember who Jiyeon was. Heck, he didn't even know that he had a fanclub! He rubbed the back of his neck and bit his tongue.

"Ah…You did?" he asked. There was an obvious irritated look on Jiyeon's face.

"Yes. I did, and I want an answer from you right now," Jiyeon demanded. She stepped in front of Joon and stared into his brown eyes. Joon, confident about rejecting this strange girl, was about to say something until he thought of Yoona. There was a hurt look pasted on Joon's face. His heart ached every time he thought of the sweet girl, and whenever he felt dizzy, he swore that he saw Yoona right in front of him.

"I…"

"Joon, I know that you and Yoona aren't together anymore. I heard you at the library, and boy, you guys had a pretty tough argument. Face it, you have to move on. It's the only way," Jiyeon told him. By the look on her face, Joon could tell that she was being serious.

"Face it, you have to move on. It's the only way."

Was that even worth the time to do so?