Why Her?

Not Like Everyday

The next day, Taecyeon stood in front of the small bar his parents were working. His parents forbid him to enter the bar and get a drink for Hyuna.

"Kids like you shouldn't drink at this young age," his father had said.

"But if you remember, this 'kid' saved your reputation," Taecyeon had reminded. Taecyeon's mother had smiled and told him that he could bring his friend in for just a drink of water.

"She likes wine, though," Taecyeon had pointed out.

"Honey, please stop talking before you and your girlfriend get yourselves kicked out of this place," Taecyeon's mother said sweetly.

"How about grape juice? It can look like wine–"

"GET OUT!" his parents had screamed. Therefore, he was outside of the building, waiting for Hyuna's arrival. He nervously rubbed his hands, and checked his watch. School had ended thirty minutes ago, and Taecyeon continued to wonder what took Hyuna so long.

I hope she's not in trouble, Taecyeon thought worriedly. For the first time ever, Taecyeon was actually worried about how his friend was doing. He heaved a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. 

I think Yoona's words are influencing me too much, Taecyeon grunted.

 

When Yoona arrived at the hospital, the first thing she noticed was how happy Hyuna looked when talking to Joon. Joon was awake by now, and he seemed tensed up, wondering if Hyuna would pounce on him or scream in his ears. Fortunately, she didn't, and began to act…not like Hyuna. 

Yoona knocked on the door, as Joon called, "Come in!"

As Yoona stepped inside the room, Joon felt his heart race and his cheeks turn warmer than usual. Yoona approached Joon with a warm smile and placed a shopping bag next to her seat.

"Hi Joon. How are you?" Yoona asked softly. Joon mentally scolded himself for not greeting his guest first.

"Er, I…Um…I'm fine, thanks," Joon stammered nervously. Hyuna's attention was drawn to Joon's reaction towards Yoona. She felt sick in her stomach.

What's so special about her? She's just a nerd, Hyuna thought, slightly pouting. She sighed quietly to herself and played with her fingers. She watched Joon silently, who seemed twice as happy than before. A ball of anger began to burn in Hyuna's chest. I just don't get it. What makes you smile so much that she has?

"Oh, and while I was coming here, I saw Taecyeon in front of the bar shop. He looked like he was waiting for someone. Any idea, Hyuna?" Yoona asked, looking at Hyuna. Hyuna jumped, startled that Yoona had spoken to her.

"H-Huh?"

"Taecyeon. Do you know who he was waiting for?" Yoona repeated. Hyuna tilted her head a bit. Taecyeon? Taecyeon wasn't the type who really waited at all for anyone unless it was important.

"I doubt it. Probably just a girl from school he's dating," Hyuna replied, shrugging her shoulders. Yoona examined Hyuna, trying to see if she was hiding something. Hyuna gave Yoona a blank stare, obviously clueless of the situation. Yoona slowly nodded her head, and got up.

"Then I'll be going," Yoona said. Joon quickly aimed to grab Yoona's wrist, but Yoona was faster. She took a few steps back, and smiled at Hyuna and Joon. "I had a nice chat with all of you! Get better Joon."

Joon stared at Yoona with a sad expression. "But you just got here…"

Yoona paused, and gazed back at Joon. The two shared a small, secret moment with each other. Hyuna felt herself getting frustrated and impatient. She honestly wished to push away Yoona and have some time with Joon to herself, but something was telling her not to. 

After a few more minutes of staring at each other, Yoona broke her eye contact between Joon and sighed. She grabbed the shopping bag and walked away without turning back. Joon stared at the door for minutes, as if he was hoping that Yoona would turn back and stay with him a bit longer. Hyuna stared at Joon, knowing that her tears were swelling up in her eyes.

Why? Why her, but not me? 


 

A/N: Man, I had this story all written up for the past few days, but I couldn't update cause I was sick. -o- I'm still sick, and I'm so glad that I have no school tomorrow. Anyways, I made a review shop with a friend of mine and we still need people to request. :)

Silly Dreams Review Shop