Bullied

Not Like Everyday

After school, Joon was walking towards back home, keeping a idiotic grin on his face. He couldn't help but replay the scene of him eating with Yoona. Something about that scene made him happy, but he didn't know why. He knew that Yoona was just a friend, but he was really happy. Maybe it was because he was eating with someone else? Maybe because Yoona's special? Maybe…Maybe…He didn't have any other thoughts. 

"Joon!" Mir called, panting. "Joon! JOON!"

"Hm?" Joon looked up and found Mir panicking with wide eyes. "What's up?"

"What were you thinking?" Mir yelled. Joon stared at Mir with a questionable face. Then, it dawned on him–Mir was probably freaked out that a girl had sat on their table. Joon smiled a bit and sighed.

"Relax, it's no big deal," Joon started, but Mir cut him off.

"What?! It's a huge deal!" Mir screamed.

"Dude, someone just sat down at ate lunch with me. Why is it such a big deal?" Joon asked, scoffing. He was beginning feel a bit irritated with Mir's behavior towards the news. Mir shook his head as he caught his breath.

"I'm not talking about lunch or whatever! I'm talking about Hyuna and Yoona! They're fighting right in front of the school gate, out of the school's boundaries! What were you thinking of leaving such a weak girl in Hyuna's hands?" Mir yelled.

"W-What? I-I don't understand–"

"Hyuna's telling everyone about how you didn't like Yoona sitting at our table during lunch, so you gave her permission to bully her. Don't tell me that it's just a stupid rumor," Mir exclaimed. Joon blinked his eyes. Did he just hear Mir correctly?

"Bully? I never even spoke to Hyuna today," Joon said honestly. Mir dropped his mouth as he continued to stare at Joon.

"Then what are you standing there for? Hurry up and solve the mess while I get the teachers or something," Mir commanded.

"W-What? Wait, why am I being pushed around? I should be bossing you around–"

"Hyuna only listens to you. She won't care if others tell her to stop," Mir pointed out. "So you have to fix it."

Joon frowned. "This is so unfair!"

"Yeah, especially since it's your fault that Yoona's being tortured," Mir mumbled.

"What did you say?" Joon asked loudly.

"Nothing. C'mon, run! Gosh, you're so slow!"

 

"Stay away from my Joon, nerd," Hyuna snapped. Yoona was on the ground, ready to faint from exhaustion any moment now.

Why am I into this mess? Yoona wondered, as tears threatened to spill out of her eyes. I know Joon never really told Hyuna to torture me, but…why am I being punished for being a friend of Joon? 

"Stay far away from my Joon. He's not yours, freak. He would never be yours. You're just those losers in the lower rank. You don't belong here. We all hate you. Nobody dares to be your friend because you're a smarty-pants. You're pathetic," Hyuna spat. The words she spoke were harsh, as each and every single word marked a scar on Yoona's heart. Yoona gulped her saliva slowly, feeling scratchy all of the sudden.

"Why…can't I be friends with Joon?" Yoona asked quietly. Gasps were heard from the large crowd that surrounded just the two girls. They thought that Yoona was stupid for asking such a question to the queen of all bullies.

Hearing the short gasps and mutters made Yoona feel queasy. I shouldn't have said that, she thought to herself. Hyuna smirked and walked up to Yoona in a dangerous manner. 

"Why can't you be friends with Joon? Simple, because you're a pathetic. Little. Loser–" Before Hyuna was able to strike Yoona with her fist, something held her back. Hyuna whipped her head around, ready to scream at the person who stopped her. However, instead of screaming and yelling, blood drained out of Hyuna's face as she stared at the person who stopped her. "J-J-Joon…"

"What the heck is going on here?" Joon yelled angrily. He pushed Hyuna out of the way and ran up to Yoona, who looked weak, but happy.

"I knew that you'd be here any minute," Yoona whispered. Joon's cheeks turned a bit pink, as he looked up to Hyuna.

"What were you thinking? Hurting an innocent girl like this?" Joon scolded. Hyuna bit her bottom lips as she took a step back.

"I-I-I…"

"Plus, spreading rumors about me ordering you to bully Yoona? My gosh, Hyuna! Think! Why would I ever tell you? I hardly even speak to you!" Joon snapped, gritting his teeth. He was so angry, he felt his heart burn with hatred. 

But why am I still defending Yoona? I should be heading home again by now, Joon thought. He was a bit confused, but did not show that he was confused.

"B-But it's not fair for you to sit with Yoona!" Hyuna protested. "I want to sit with you! Everybody wants to sit with you!"

"I only sat with him because he's my friend and looked lonely," Yoona said quietly.

"Shut up, nobody!" Hyuna muttered darkly.

"Well, this conversation is over. If I see you hurt Yoona again, then not only are you going to get a lecture from me, but I'll be happy to tell the principal about your bullying behavior," Joon declared. He helped Yoona up on her feet as dragged her away with him. Hyuna stood at the same spot, dumbfounded. The crowd got smaller and smaller by the second before Hyuna could blow.

Oh she's going to pay, Hyuna thought, making a tight fist. She glared at Yoona and growled. She's so gonna pay.