Episode 7

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : I picked a song for this chapter, it's called I Need You by Kim Sungkyu (from his first solo album, Another Me). Look it up and give it a try. In the meantime, I'll try to put a link of it so you can listen to it here. To make up from the long wait, here's a long chapter. Thanks for reading! 

 

제7회 

 

 

 

 

 

What happened?  "I can't see anything!" Yejin shouted in the darkness. After struggling for a few minutes, she turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. She managed to escape from the bathroom and into her bedroom. There was an option to open up the windows to let the street lights in but she can't do so without her clothing. Gotta watch out for the erts. 

Using the her phone, the screen's brightness helped her finding the things she needed. Water was still dripping from strands of her hair. Right now, she needs to light up the room. Luckily they kept a lighter and candles for emergency. She carefully finds her way to the kitchen and opens the first drawer.

There was a lighter, but no candles. I forgot to buy a new one! She slapped her forehead in frustration. What to do now? 

"Aha!" A light bulb appearer on top of her head. Two nights before, she saw the lights on from the next door. They got a new neighbor. It must be. 

The sound of doorbell chimes throughout the house. He paused his work and approached the door. Pressing the door open, he grabbed the door knob. "Hi, neighbor! I am Shin- oh? It's you!" Yejin chirped, delighted to meet a familiar face. The 'second Kim Sungkyu' was standing in front of her who turns out to be her neighbor. The guy she bumped into at the elevator. "Hi, neighbor! Can I come in?" 

"No." Her smile instantly faltered, replaced by flustered laughs. "Okay... I just want to borrow some candles. I ran out mine. Can I have some?" 

Turning his back to go inside, Yejin notices the door was still open. She quickly followed him just in case he changes his mind. "Ouch!" He turned around to find her rubbing her right leg. "Sorry." She smiled sheepishly, admitting that she just hit the coffee table. "Wait here." 

"Nice place." She took the time to have a good look of the living room lit up by candles. "By the way, I am Yejin. I live next door with my friend. She owns a cafe."  Ow, it hurts. She rubbed her leg. It's going to bruise tomorrow. While doing so, her gaze landed on the laptop right in front of her. The laptop was left on and a Microsoft Word document was opened. 

 

THE BEAUTY OF PHILLIPINES

 

Where one tends to visit places that have it all, some people prefers rough diamonds for they are more intriguing than the others. For the Filipinos, their pride lies in the beauty of their nature. The land of Phillipines consists of mighty volcanoes , sandy beaches and 

 

"So your name is... Lee Howon?" 

He closed the laptop so quick it made a loud sound. "This is private." For a moment, she finds herself staring into his dark brown orbs. Although his glare was sending chills, she could not hide her amazement. "You're a writer?” 

“A journalist.” 

"That is even more amazing." She spoke in a dreamy voice, which annoyed him even more. Without delay he gave what she needed and led her back to the entrance. Once she’s out, the door went shut without further exchange of words. What the heck? That was a compliment! 

Were all good looking guys act like this? Well, he is good looking. But Nam Woohyun is nice and he’s good looking too. 

This one is grumpy. 

She opened her right palm. There’s a box of candles where he gave it to her earlier. There was another thing. She opened her left palm. 

At that moment, I learned two things.

 A smile blossomed on her lips. One, never judge a book by its cover. 

She put the ointment into her pocket. “Thank you, Howon-ssi!”

Two, there’s no such thing as ‘Kim Sungkyu number two’.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter