Episode 34

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Sorry for the confusion in the previous episode. It will all be clarified in this one. 

 

 

제34회 

 

 

 

Left, right. Left, right. She looked closely. The coast is clear. Yejin first stepped out of the door with caution. Her aim is the elevator. I'm going. Mentally counting one, two, three, Yejin darted towards the elevator and pressed the button.

All is well until...

Uh oh. Gulp.

"Hi, Yejin."

Do I say hi back at him or ignore him? She resisted the urge to her dry, chapped lips. The lips that kiss-

No, no, no! Don't think about it! You're a ert if you thought of it, Shin Yejin.

Be cool. "H-hi..."

Way to go, Yejin. She had to look away and missed the same blush on his cheeks. Being in the same contained space of the four walls with him relive the kiss over and over again. It happened unintentionally but her feeling was- "I want to get out!" Yejin stopped him from pressing the 'close' button. "Uh... I forgot something. You go first."

Why am I acting like this?

One hand placed on the door handle, another hand on her chest. Yejin bit her lip. "Something is wrong with me..." She mumbled. Her forehead rested on the door, feeling restless for almost forty eight hours already.

A touch on her shoulder startled her only to find him standing before her again. Their gazes locked on each other as they did the day before. The stuffiness was still there but his presence did manage to calm her down.

"Are you okay?"

Why does his voice sounds so melodious? "You were taking a lot of time, so I thought... Did you forget your keys again?" Yejin had a hard time focusing on anything except for his lips. Those soft, plump, kissable lips...

"It's because of you,"

She blurted it anyway. "Yejin, I-"

"I agree with you. We are neighbors. What we did... It shouldn't happen so let's forget about it. Bye,"

Hoya stood there, again left with nothing but regret.

"That's not it."

 

 

Why are you torturing me? Twenty four- I mean about what happened between me and him... Do I have to tell you guys?

Fine. Rewind two days ago.

 

 

You're unpredictable!

The note was slipped under his door. He put it in his pocket for safe keeping, later on to be kept in the box where he kept the rest of her notes.

He can imagine the angry expression she had while rambling about it. The furrowing eyebrows and duck pout of hers on the day they went out for dinner and ice-cream revisit his memory.

Come to think it, she looks adorable that day. The thought made him smile.

After a long talk with his mother, Hoya came back to Seoul with a new mindset. But first, he has to find Yejin.

 

 

Back at the park, Yejin and the rest ended their hiking successfully. They settled near the van to fill their empty stomachs before hitting the road back to Seoul.

“Here. Try this,” The piece of kimbap went into his mouth without notice. He had no choice but to munch and swallow it in front of Seolhee, doing that only heightened up his sense of guilt.

He has yet to explain things to Seolhee.

I had enough of this. Yejin moves towards Yugyeom and Woohyun, helping them with setting up the refreshments. As much as her desire to kick some senses out of Sungkyu and Yuri, both figuratively and literally, the call goes to Seolhee. I shall not interfere unless things get out of hand. Yejin decided on that. 

The youngest of them all, Yugyeom brought her to where the rest gathered. Three newspapers were laid on the grass hinting what their next event might be. “Let’s play a game!” The teenager clapped to draw their attention towards him and Jaehun. “The method is simple. When I say ‘Go’, you and your partner have to stand on the newspaper that we gave you. The newspaper will get smaller after every round, so whoever stays the longest wins.”

Just before Sungkyu open his mouth, Seolhee approaches none other than Woohyun. “Will you team up with me?”

He gets the chance to be close with Seolhee. Yuri won’t get to her for Sungkyu will occupy him. He will be able to protect Seolhee from Yuri. “Sure.” 

Don’t look at me. “Kyung Il,” The guy nodded, accepting Yejin’s request. Their partnership grew disappointment in Sungkyu for he hoped to escape from Yuri. With both Seolhee and Yejin refusing compromise, Sungkyu grew even more frustrated.

This is not what he had in mind.  

The whistle blows. They were required to stand for ten seconds on the newspaper. All teams made it with ease.

But the game had just begun.

It was simple actually. By all means they must not go out of the designated area. The game was less challenging until the third fold. "Ten seconds shall be added, meaning you must not fall for thirty seconds. Everyone, get ready," Yugyeom circles around to ensure they play fair and square. He gave a signal to the older male to start the game.

"Three, two, one, go!" Jaehun blows the whistle and the three teams jumped on the newspaper. There were space but not enough for them to stand apart. Yuri wrapped her arms around Sungkyu's torso, burying her face into his chest with a little squeal. Seolhee had not seen them for Woohyun blocked her view. He had her standing on his toes while holding her hands for balance.

Kyung Il and Yejin also made it with their own way.

"No, not yet." Yejin refused to be lifted up. She tiptoed and gripped on Kyung Il's shirt for support. Part of her hair at the front covered her face and Kyung Il did a favor by tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thanks."

What the heck?

His arms went around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Yejin obeyed with nothing in mind. Their only goal was to win the game.

Woohyun and Sungkyu had a different thought of that.

"Sungkyu and Yuri out!" Yugyeom declared. Their lack of cooperation contributed to their early defeat. They retreated to the grass, his line of gaze still directed on one girl.

They were getting too close.

As soon as Jaehun blew the whistle, both guys carry their partner each with different methods. Woohyun had Seolhee on his back reenacting a piggyback ride. Kyung Il chose the bridal style lifting Yejin with his strength.

"Are you okay, Kyung Il?" Yejin whispered, feeling sorry for her partner. I may look small, but my bones weigh a lot. Kyung Il gave her assurance. "Don't worry. Just hold on to me," He said.

Although his colleague only meant to play the game, he can't help but to be distracted by the negative thoughts. As a result he didn't realize Seolhee's foot was already down and out of the zone. By the time Jaehun blew the whistle it was too late.

Yejin and Kyung Il won.

 

 

All those playing got me thirsty. Yejin fanned herself to let heat escape from her body. Sweats ran down her neck, more evident now that she tied her hair in a ponytail. She was about to grab a glas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter