Episode 14

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : I miss you guys! How was your Eid? Mine got cut short unfortunately. Duty calls ㅜ.ㅜ I need your love right now~

 

 

 

 

제14회 

 

 

"Arghhh!" One of the guys screamed when Yejin planted her teeth on his hand. The bite loosened his grip and she was able to break free. Seizing the chance, she ran straight to her savior.

"Who are you?" The first guy speaks up, clearly unhappy with the situation. Yejin peeked from behind him. "Are you her boyfriend?" The guy smirked. "How about we share her? I'll let you go first. Sounds good?" Their laughter echoed through the night.

"I have a better idea." He put his hand into the left side of his leather jacket. Seeing what he was going to take out, the boys stepped back in fear. The same feeling bothers Yejin as well.

He has a gun?

The drunkards flee one by one, leaving Yejin with him. "Are you okay, Yejin?" She nodded. Still, her mind was on the weapon. "You own a gun?"

"Everybody owns this one." He revealed his right hand shaped like a gun. The act tickled Yejin. Funny, but she could not be more than grateful.

It was dangerous for a girl like her to be here at this hour. If he didn't appear in time, who knows what might become. He wanted to tell her that but he knew it was not the right time. "Put this on," Yejin said nothing when he draped his jacket over her shoulders. It was warm. She pulled the sleeve down so he would not see the forming marks on her arm.

She is safe now.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

“Why are we here?” She looked up to the building in front of her. They are now in front of Oriental. Sungkyu walked ahead of her, greeting the front staff with a slight nod. Seolhee still had curiosity in her as she follows him closely. “Are you listening?

“Sit down.” He pulled the chair for her. She was flustered and so does the girls around them. Their eyes were sparkling, silently wishing they were in Seolhee’s place.

Back to the main point. “Kim Sungkyu-ssi, what are we doing here? You’re supposed to take me home.”

“Later.” The waiter came with two menus in his hand. He passed one to Sungkyu and another one to Seolhee. Oh my goodness. Her eyes widened looking at the prices. That’s a given, since Oriental is a five star restaurant. Eating here once equals to a day profit of Café Bloom. “Are we going to eat here?”

Sungkyu was still looking at the menu. Is he ignoring me? She leaned back to her chair. Endure it, Seolhee. He’s your ride home. She was hungry, but she’s willing to wait. Maybe I can whip up something later.

“Two Oriental carbonara and orange juice for her.” The waiter bowed before leaving, taking the menus with him. Her eyes wandered around the restaurant, looking anywhere but at the man in front of her. The ambience was soothing and she had to admit, it was romantic.

Not romantic. This is not even a dinner. They’re not even close to start with.

“Do you like this place?” Her gaze went back to Sungkyu. He was looking at her. Unlike his usual taunting expression, his eyes were softer. She felt a lump on and her chest starts pounding.

This feels like a date.

Slowly she nodded. The waiter returned, momentarily interrupting their conversation. Seolhee pretends to focus on the plate while she mentally tells herself to stay cool. All of a sudden she felt embarrassed.

“Does it not taste good?” She looked up to him again. Definitely, she grew puzzled. He was being nice. “It’s good.” She took another bite, proving that she meant what she just said.

“Eat up.” He told her.

She was not used to this side of him.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

He parked at the entrance. "Home sweet home." He announced. She was about to take off the jacket when he stopped her. "Keep it."

"But, you're going to get cold." He quickly shook his head. He can handle  the cold, he's sure of it. Yejin reluctantly turned around and started walking towards the lobby. He was still there, watching her silently. As she finally reaches the entrance,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter