Episode 44

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : This feels like submitting my essay for an exam. Dear Fairies, please be nice to me! Stay happy and don't kill me after this... *begging* You know I love you right? 

 

제44회 

 

 

 

There are times when a girl dreams to be pampered with all the finer things in life.

Diamonds, shoes, handbags, designer clothes Not that I’m being materialistic but I have to admit, they can be pretty tempting.

Maybe, just this once?

Five minutes passed since Yejin was revealed to her own reflection yet she found it hard to take her eyes off for a second. Her fingers ran through the bodice of her dress studded with Swarovski crystals lining down to the layers of satin and chiffon. The crystals shimmer under the light along with Pandora bracelet she wore and matching earrings to complete her evening look.

"Woohyun?"

He reacted to his name, marking his wait a few steps away from the curtain. "Are you ready?" She asks one more time, confirming with him before revealing herself to Woohyun.

They are partnering up for the party; it's been more than an hour since they came to get ready without seeing each other. "President Nam's orders," His words specifically quoted by their beautician.

The sound of her heels, he counted her steps, became his cue to turn around facing dolled up Yejin. She's approaches him, the sound gets closer, eventually stopped before shyly tapping his shoulder.

They say a man was defined by his suit. Actually, I made that up but I do have to admit. Wearing Armani almost from head to toe radiates a new aura off of Woohyun, shedding off his usual image of plaid shirts and jeans.

He cleaned up real good. Yejin tries not to look so star struck of discovering the classy side of Woohyun. While doing so, she couldn't help but to be aware of his intense gaze.

"Too flashy?" She asked sheepishly. Surely it was her dress.

The color of her dress was icy blue, in contrast to the burgundy shade of her hair, designed to flow and move around easily. Coral red applied to her lips, adding mascara and pearly eye shadow topped with vintage curls for a hairdo.

What she didn't expect was a silver hairpin as his fingers brushing the side of her hair. He stepped back for another look at the girl in front of him.

Simply breathtaking.

"Much better." He nodded, satisfied of adding his own personal touch. Following his action, Yejin finds a mirror, taking a moment to admire the accessory. She too satisfied, proven by a smile, the most beautiful smile he ever seen.

Hoya is one lucky guy. Envy is inevitable yet it is only if Hoya comes to know and appreciate what he had; her heart. If he doesn't, that'll be his loss.

Woohyun came up behind her as they together reminded themselves of the roles they will be playing. In one deep breath, Yejin relaxes her shoulders. Find Sungkyu, talk to him and don't get caught. She planted her goals in mind while stealing a glimpse at Woohyun.

I'm staring too much. The latter grinned mischievously as he caught her in the act. "Take my hand." He reaches out to her anyway, their arms linked while leaving the salon.

Beware, Prince Charming. We're coming for you.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

The party is starting in an hour. While final preparations are being made in the hotel ballroom, guests who have arrived mingled in the VIP lounge served with appetizers and live piano which include business tycoons, members of Seoul elite and invited press for publicity.

Back upstairs, the one to be the celebrated, Yuri, stood before the long mirror in her long caramel-colored dress. It was custom made for tonight like all the other dresses she had.

Living as Kwon Yuri, she never wore the same dress twice.

Is this it? Is this what I want?

This is what her father wants; to marry an heir. Woollim Group shall take Kwon Group to greater heights, her father said. Marriage is the way to accomplish the goal. His goal. She was aware of it since the day Jiyong left.

“There’s my girl.”

He said it a million times until the words engraved in her. She used to think it was him teasing, up to the point she got annoyed by it, until she learned it was how he says ‘I Love You’.

“And there’s my boy.  Is that cheesy enough for you?"

Despite her dislike for skin ship, he would say "Perfect,” followed by a wide grin and his arm around her shoulders before stealing her glass of juice. She would whine over his hobby of mischief before he ruffled her hair. She would end up whining some more.

She used to. She missed doing so.

“Miss Kwon?”

 "They're waiting for you outside. Should I bring them in?" A hotel staff, assigned to be her lady in-waiting for the evening, enters the room fulfilling her duty. Of course. This is part of the game; the very one she became good at. The mirror reflects her expression one more time, the one she will be wearing from now on until solitary returns.

It’s show time.

Her father was already downstairs greeting the faces of corporate world as the host for this party. Yuri’s entrance will be after her father’s speech, regarding the company and all, right before he announces her wedding to the public.

The reporters enter, by the sound of their footsteps; present themselves with proper introduction to the heiress. Having an interview prior to the main event was never done before; her father prefers to spare all the details for later comments. The tactic sparks curiosity and often succeeds in the matter of creating a good image.

He called it getting into the role. She terms it as putting up a mask. A facade.

“Hello, Miss Kwon. My name is Jang Dongwoo from H Media," The first one came up to her, flaunting his friendly smile to the heiress as he greets her in person. She is indeed the epitome of a woman born in luxury as shown through her poise.

"I appreciate your efforts to see me but I hope we can make this real quick. They're expecting me to come down soon."

His partner came around a second late, by the time Dongwoo finished his greeting, it was his turn. "Lee Howon," He said his name. "Congratulations on your engagement."

"Kwon Yuri,"

"I know."

They greeted ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter