Episode 52

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

제52회 

 

 

 


Gone. Yejin's gone.

The boys could not believe what they just heard, reacting variously in shock, disbelief and denial, mostly disturbed. Yugyeom was the most dramatic of them all, re-enacting Dongwoo's imagination running wild.

It's inevitable. Sungkyu himself got in rage after learning about her disappearance. He thanked Jaehun for his coffee and Kyung Il for the muffins.

"Where did she go?" Yugyeom asked.

"Seolhee knew, I assume, she kept the answer to herself. I guess Yejin wanted some space." Sungkyu trails off, noticing Woohyun at the other side of the counter, looking distressed. "Did you know about it, Woohyun-ssi?"

All eyes are on him. Damn it. He was the last person who saw her, spent time with her, dropped her off at the office and parted ways. He felt like the biggest jerk of all. Even when with denial, Woohyun had to say the truth.

"Poor noona... If only I have telepathy or some sort, I'll go to her immediately." Yugyeom being the youngest and least mature placed his fingers for a re-enactment of having super powers. "Noona, I'm going to fly!" He spread his arms wide.

At least his comical wits cheered them up. Sort of.

"Sungkyu," He stopped on cue, acknowledging Woohyun who called his name. They met in front of his car, the latter ignored their current term of speaking as he confronts the heir. Sungkyu's car keys went into his right pocket, cutting Woohyun first by saying, "As far as I know, we're not close enough to call each other by names."

"I just..." Woohyun paused in a sigh. "Thanks for letting us know." He continued. "Thanks for letting me know."

"You're not a bad person. Seolhee knows, Yejin knows. I know." Sungkyu placed a hand on the latter's shoulder, patting it twice in contrast to his known personality. "I made a bad call and nearly ruined everything. Thankfully, Yejin was there to wake me up. She's a good friend."

A good friend. Will he be able to call himself that?

"I'm not saying it must be Hoya or you but if you truly care for her, regardless of her feelings, you should go to her."

"But I don't know where she-"

"Neither do I." He gave another pat on Woohyun's shoulder before taking out his car keys once again. The latter should be able to figure out on his own.

"You're not bad either."

His back facing Woohyun, he responds with a smirk. The car unlocks, he adds, "Of course. I'm Kim Sungkyu."

Their conversation ended, leaving a trail of comfort for Woohyun while watching the car disappears from his sight.

He sighed though. Such concerns are inevitable.

Where did she go?

Is she okay?

Will she be okay?

Will she come back?

The thoughts lured him eventually, his fingers swiftly taps the keyboard to make out Yejin's number. The digits easily appear on the screen, already memorized since the night he rescued her on the street.

But, the process wasn't complete, he didn't get to swipe the green icon.

Incoming call

Yejin

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

That day, Hoya received another bad news. A loud sigh escaped into the morning air.

"Who was it?" Dongwoo interrupts, briefly between scanning his employee card and wearing it around his neck. Hoya's expression was noticeable, he had been going around looking like that for the past few days instead of his usual stoic mask.

Dongwoo had to admit, he looked more human. He prefers this new version of Hoya.

"My mother." The latter replied. His grandmother is currently hospitalized for mild while doing housework and according to his mother, the elder kept reciting his name day and night.

"Did you reach her?"

So far, all his calls went straight to voice mail. He lost count of dialling Yejin's number until it he had it down pat.

Leaving Seoul when the girl whom he broke her heart is nowhere to be found, Hoya is now juggling frogs.

"Cheer up! I'm sure she'll come around. Have faith, I'm rooting for you two."

Hoya's dilemma appeals to Dongwoo the most. After all, he's the closest person around. A supporting smile is what Dongwoo capable of at the moment. His words sink deeper into the former's mind. Have faith. It sounded like something Yejin would've said to him.

"Alright,"

He made up his mind.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

Art truly is my calling. I can say it with full confidence.

Teaching is a different thing, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter