Episode 49

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

제49회 

 

 

 

Monday blues has nothing to do with this. Dongwoo was sure. He inhales deeply; determination is at its peak. The minute he steps into the office, his gaze directs to one person in particular. "Lee Howon, are you kidding me?"

The latter lifted his chin briefly and then his focus went back to his computer screen. The reaction of his went far from Dongwoo's expectation. "Are you playing dumb now?"

His fingers stop moving. "What is it, hyung?"

"You idiot," The older male ran his fingers through hair in attempt to tone down frustration. "I know you at the back of my hand. Don't just sit here and pretend like you have better things to do. Yejin-"

"She knows, hyung."

Dongwoo raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really? Does that mean she's okay with it?" He crossed his arms, expecting a correct answer this time. His patience is running low. "Did she ever tell you that?"

"Do you still love her?"

Again, Dongwoo felt defeated. How can he be so clueless? This is never easy; bending Hoya to his will. The latter went back to typing but with a slower pace this time. "Fine," Dongwoo eventually raises his white flag. "We still need to interview Andy Wang. Word has it that he's leaving for Vietnam today."

Andy Wang is a travel blogger exploring different parts of the world. Missing his participation will put a halt to their article for another six months, bringing him up on his feet. "Let's go."

 

 

 

Andy Wang, born Korean-American, thirty one years old. Started his blog a year after completing his backpacking tour around South Korea… Totally immersed in studying his notes, he has yet to notice Dongwoo's frequent glances. The latter kept his hands on the wheel steadily. Their previous conversation lingers in his head since then, questioning what he's about to do.

Decceleration of the car interrupted his reading, but what's more alarming was where Dongwoo parked his car. "Hyung," The notes are no longer his concern. Seeing Andy Wang was to lure him out and bring him here.

"Nope. I'm not buying it unless I see it." Dongwoo refuses to budge. He gave Hoya no choice but to acknowledge his request.

But as soon as his feet touch the ground, the Devil began whispering doubt into his ears.

Why the sudden nervous?

Where to go? The last time he went into the building, he was running around tracking her disappearance. This will be easier to accomplish at home. He has no idea where her office was actually located. Also, the building was owned by Kwon Group. There’s also a mighty chance running into Yuri. They haven’t sort things out since that night. But, he’s here to see his neighbor, thus he will.

From the other side of the building, the heiress was full of determination. Her arrival goes noticed, her walk boosting with confidence ignoring the employees’ stares and whispers, Yuri enters the lobby.

In fact, she’s going to get her life back. With that goal in mind, Yuri waits for the elevator door to open.

However, a sudden grip put her body in shock as she was pressed to the wall. Being fiery herself, she dares herself to look into the eyes of the culprit, which turns out to be her own fiance. "What do you think you're doing, Sungkyu?" She demanded a release but she's no match for a man's grip. A furious man's grip, to be exact.

"What did you do?" He hissed in pure anger. The discomfort of pain doesn't matter, even acting harsh towards his fiancee in the eye of public is nothing compared to what he just found out. "Tell me, you got Yejin fired, didn't you? Is this your dirty way of getting back on me and Seolhee?"

Fire? Yejin? "I don't know what you're talking about." She replied almost immediately, struggling to break free. "Stop, you're hurting me!"

Satisfied, he complies with her request. Faint red marks around her wrist ignite her anger instead.

Meanwhile, Sungkyu is not done just yet. The episode of his rage began when he arrived in the office only to find an empty desk, crying Nara and Yejin's absence. It was later he found out through Manager Han that the latter became a collateral damage. Thus, it is natural for him to say, "You put her in danger too many times and now you've crossed the line. It's you."

"Is it true?"

Both Sungkyu and Yuri were unaware of his footsteps or took notice that Hoya was standing nearby when they argued. His presence alerts them, especially Yuri.

“Yejin’s gone!”

And like any other scene stealer, Dongwoo interrupts with a loud gasp. 

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

“Stay here.”

Yuri and Sungkyu marched in sync, entering the Presidential office simultaneously with a demanding glint in their eyes. Walking in unannounced is inappropriate, let alone doing so towards the President of the company. But still, the sight of them present together at their own will is something worth to raise an eyebrow for. "What do we have here?" His secretary leaves on cue, allowing them to converse in private. "Don't tell me, you two decided to get back together after calling off your engagement."

"We were told that one of our employee, Shin Yejin was dismissed as of today. Do you have anything to do with this?" Knowing the way his mind works, it was Yuri who opened fir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter