Episode 6

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

제6회 

 

 

 

 

 

The crease on his forehead seems to grow more evident as time flies. Kim Sungkyu opened the drawers of his desk one by one, lifting the things to see if he missed a spot. "Where is it?" He mumbled continuously. 

Anyone who passed by the room made sure he wouldn't hear their footsteps. The last thing they wanted to do is to tick him off. Kim Sungkyu ignored them and went on searching. It was not in his house and not in his car either. Where could it be?

Yejin almost stumbled when Nara grabbed her arm, pulling the girl to her. "Do you know what's going on?" Nara whispered, making sure their director won't be listening. "Is there something I should know?" 

"He's been looking for something since this morning. Why don't you find out?" 

"I do acknowledge my detective skills, but I'll pass this one. I want to live." Yejin said bluntly, turning on her desktop computer. She scanned the list of things she wrote the day before on the postnotes before planting it into her memory. What Kim Sungkyu does has no relation to her unless it's work. 

The sound of intercom alerted them both. Nara retreated back to her cubicle, letting Yejin answer the call. "Yes?" 

"Come into my office. Now." His voice triggered her curiosity. Could it be related to what he was looking for? She gave a short reply before hurrying into his room. 

"Did you see a black fountain pen?" 

"A pen?" Yejin's eyes quickly scanned across the room. It was like playing a game of finding hidden objects. Unfortunately, no sign of the item anywhere. She shook her head. "You can borrow mine if you want. I have a lot in my desk." 

"It's not the same." His voice faltered. For the first time ever she sensed disappointment. The grim look of his proved her hunch. He looked like a kid who lost his favorite toy. "Sometimes if you wait, it'll reappear unexpectedly." 

Wow. I sounded smart. 

"Really?" She eagerly nodded. He looked up to her with a hopeful expression on his face. Yejin could not help but feel delighted. Who knew Kim Sungkyu would roll into this kind of thing?

"I don't think so." Her eyes flattened at his words.  

I should've known.

 

 

 

 

 

= = = = = = = 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing?" Nara scooted over towards Yejin. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm going through the trash." She replied sarcastically, trying her best to ignore the mocking stares from her other colleagues. "I am aware of that." Nara looked unsatisfied, crossing her arms while at it. "Apparently, our team leader Kim lost his favorite pen. He can't find it anywhere, so I have to look for it." Yejin purposely raised her voice so the others will hear her clearly. She proceeds to the bin near the photocopy machine and examined the contents. But, no pen was found. 

This is insane. All because of a pen? She tiredly sighed. "What's with the pen though? I bet it's a special gift. Perhaps it was from his girlfriend," Nara grinned mischievously, trying to picture Kim Sungkyu's 'girlfriend'. "Beats me. Blame me and big mouth. I told him the pen would appear in unexpected places." The last sentence made Nara laugh. Yeah, dumb.

"Don't give up. I'm sure you'll find it. It's already lunch time. Go grab a bite first." Yejin checked the time from her wr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter