Episode 10

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

제10회 

 

 

 

 

“Special delivery for Team Leader Kim Sungkyu!”  He raised an eyebrow at the presence of the paper bag with Café Bloom’s logo printed on it. “Your welcome.” She imitated a curtsy bow indicating her task was completed. Expecting his curiosity, Yejin stood by his side letting him inspect what was inside the paper bag. 

Now we’re even. – ㅂㅅㅎ 

Inside the bag contained a little box containing two blueberry muffins and a cup of warm coffee. “That stands for Baek Seolhee.” Yejin mischievously grinned, answering his thoughts. “She asked me to give this to you.” Yejin continues acting oblivious and said, “If you need me, I’ll be at my desk…” She sang while stepping out to let him on his own.

“Baek Seolhee…” Sungkyu picked up one of the muffin. Blueberry muffin was actually his favorite and out of everyone, she made it for him. Silently, he took a bite. 

This is actually pretty good.

While she closes the door, her eyes continue peering at her boss. 

He’s eating the muffin. He’s drinking the coffee. He’s smiling. And I score!

Oh yeah, he’s liking it. To be precise, liking her. 

I can see it coming; Kim Sungkyu and Seolhee falling in love with each other. He ends up with her, then he’ll stop bossing me around. After all, I am his future girlfriend’s best friend. He has to treat me right.  

Shin Yejin, you’re such a genius. I’m so proud of you! I mean, me.  

"This is perfect!” She contained the excitement to herself. When Nara said her plan will fail for the second time, it went the other way around. It couldn’t get any better than this. As Yejin went back to her desk, she was filled with anticipation. 

She’s going to make this work. 

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

 

“Woohyun hyung!” Yugyeom ran to him the minute he walked into Café Bloom. The teenager pulled him into his arms, embracing him like there’s no tomorrow. Woohyun was dear to him, always sharing his jokes and greasy lines with the youngest. “I miss you, hyung! Are you feeling better?” 

“I am now, thanks to you.” He replied as soon as Yugyeom let him go. Seeing the familiar sight of the café and a special person made him feel better. He caught the sight of Seolhee and Kyung Il coming out of the kitchen and his smile grew bigger. “I miss you!” He ran towards Seolhee but Kyung Il was quicker and blocked him before he even gets to touch their boss. “We miss you too, idiot.” Kyung Il wrapped his arms around the latter, pretending to be oblivious of his intention. It was a funny sight for Seolhee and Jaehun.

“I thought I gave you two days off.” Seolhee puts her hands on her waist. “You’re supposed to be resting.” 

“I have nothing else to do. If I stayed a little longer, I might die of boredom.” He retorted, already putting on his apron. “Isn’t it better if I come here and be productive?” 

As a response, she scoffed. He is stubborn. There’s no way she could win this argument. “If you say so.” Her answer was more than enough to satisfy him. It wasn’t because of boredom. He felt restless sitting at home, far away from Seolhee. He thought to text her but he knew she would not entertain him while working. The better solution is to come down himself.  

The café operates as usual. Jaehun brews the coffee while Woohyun works on the cashier. Yugyeom becomes the waiter, sometimes along with Seolhee. Kyung Il diligently takes the kitchen to himself. 

The bell chimed as the door opens. The last time he came here ended up in almost a brawl over a spilled cup of coffee. He tries to keep his cool as he goes to the counter. “Good afternoon. May I take your…” Woohyun tensed at his sight. “…order?” 

“Should I tell noona?” Yugyeom mouthed from afar. Jaehun replied with a ‘no’. As the eldest, he will step in if he needs to. 

Sungkyu kept his expression as stoic as ever. “One Americano and blueberry muffin.” He waited for the guy in front of him entering his order. Nam Woohyun. He read his name tag. “Here,” Woohyun passed the buzzer to him, motioning for him to wait for his coffee. 

While in waiting, he took a seat near the window. Lunch hour just passed so the area was less with people at the moment. He already had his lunch earlier, yet his stomach wasn’t full. 

He craved for something else and that’s when he walked by Café Bloom. 

Sungkyu only had his coffee in the morning. If he is to drink it again, he’d have another cup after dinner. He never had them during lunch hours. 

And the muffin? He remembered its soft texture on the first bite. Butter cream was even added in as the filling. He does not even have a sweet tooth. But now he sounds like someone having a for pastries. “Your order, sir.” A tall boy said, looking youthful but rather nervous standing before him with a paper bag. 

They don’t have to send it to him personally. They could just alert him through the buzzer. 

“Thanks.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter