Episode 19

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

제19회

 

 

 

The minute after he turned off his motorcycle, Woohyun dashed into the building where Yejin was last seen. "Why is it so dark in here?" He turned to face the owner of the voice. "Hoya-ssi," The latter was holding his knees, also running out of breath. "What are you doing here?"

Woohyun was about to answer when the electricity came back on. This is not the time for a friendly conversation. He presses the elevator button, later on cursing under his breath. "We’ll take the stairs then." Hoya agreed to his suggestion. It was already way past midnight, a dangerous hour for a young woman to be out at. "You go left, I'll go right."

 

On the very same floor, Sungkyu was in the security room with the security officer and a very frightened technician. Thanks to his suspicious behavior, Sungkyu got him cornered and he admitted to be the one tampering with the elevator.

 "There. I see her." He pointed to one of the cameras."Where is it?" The officer checked once more, comfirming her location.

 "If anything happens to her, I'm holding you responsible." He warned him and then ran out.

 

"Aish," He rubbed his leg in pain. Hoya picked up the bin. It was empty, so he just had to put it back to its original place. In the midst of running, he knocked down the bin by accident.

His searching ground started from the bottom. He had no idea where her office is, regretting not asking Seolhee or Woohyun earlier. Hoya leaned against the wall. He's running out of ideas of where she might be.

"Don't get hurt." 

 

"Yejin! Yejin, where are you?"

Woohyun arrived in the fifth floor. He peered through the distance, hoping to catch a glimpse of Yejin in the dim light. His fingers ran through his hair in frustration. The memory of Yejin being harassed by drunkards stirred his thoughts.

He went down one floor and again searching for the girl. "Please," He prayed. "Make my guess wrong." He walked and walked until he came across the elevator.

A number displayed on top of it. Then it clicked to him. "Third floor."

 

After sitting for so long, her legs had grew numb. Yejin moved her toes, desperately circulating blood to every muscle. The ache spread to the back of her neck and shoulders. Her phone battery ran out awhile ago, thus cutting her off from the outside world. "Stupid elevator!" She kicked the metal door, resulting in instant pain. "Ouch!" The poor girl collapsed to the floor, quickly blowing on her toe to reduce the sensation. "Fine. You're not stupid." She sulked.

 Never Yejin thought a day like this will come.

She hugged her knees to produce body heat, little in amount yet able to shake off the cold. "Maybe I should just wait until morning. I'm sure somebody will find me." She chanted. Her eyelids became heavier. Perhaps sleeping it off might be a better idea for the moment.

That was until she heard a banging sound. "What was that?" She gathered her courage to kick on the door for the second time. The sound bounces back from the other side. Could it be... "I'm in here! Help!"

Despite the developing fatigue from banging and crying for help, nothing beats her relief when the door finally split open.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

The dinner came through without any problem. By problem, I meant Sungkyu and Woohyun. They seemed to get along just 'fine'. Or they're keeping it cool in front of Seolhee.

But who knew Sungkyu can be quite romantic. Seolhee is so lucky.

"I'll be going," Sungkyu rose from his seat. "I'll walk you to the door." Seolhee followed suit, leaving the rest in the living room. As the two walk away side by side, a pair of eyes trail on them.

Poor Woohyun. She saw the look in his eyes full of yearning and despair. He had been quiet since the night before. It was understandable. He's taking his time to comprehend the situation. Now that Seolhee and Sungkyu are together, he's in the process of healing his broken heart. If there's anything she could do to help...

I don't get it. A slight frown appeared on his forehead. No matter how many times he tried, Woohyun just could not get rid of the image. Sungkyu playing the perfect boyfriend was indeed an eyesore but that's not his main concern at the moment. For the past twenty four hours his mind had been replaying the same scene over and over.

He can't get it out of his head.

"Your eyeballs are going to pop out any second." Dongwoo whispersed to his left e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter