Episode 5

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

제5회 

 

 

Ding! The elevator door opens and Yejin walked out from it. The sweet scent filled the air, alerting everyone of Yejin's arrival. "I'm back!" She announced just when her colleagues circled her. She placed the paper bag and took out the tall cups. Iced americano for Nara and Gun, vanilla milkshake for Taehee, latte for Sora, green tea for Seyong and caramel macchiato for herself. "Where's my pretzel?" 

"Here you are." She passed it to Sora. Cafe Bloom's products were a big hit. She promoted it to her colleagues and they liked it. The flower boy tactic worked too, proven by her female colleagues' feedbacks. 

"Did you take their pictures?" 

"What pictures? If you want to, drop by the cafe yourself..." She sang. The girls let out a frustrated sigh.

The boys captured their hearts, mainly Yugyeom and Kyung Il. The baker was a surprise though, considering he spent most of the time in the kitchen.  We girls do love a guy who can cook. Can't argue with that. *wink*

 

 

 

 

 

= = = = = = = 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was satisfied. The house was finally spotless after he spent hours of cleaning. The content of boxes he piled had been taken out earlier. The only thing left was his trophies, the ones he collected during high school. 

Rolling up his sleeves once again, he moved to the kitchen. Three  bags of trash were sitting there waiting to be disposed. He took one in each hand before going towards the stairs. Riding an elevator with trash would be inconvenient for him and other tenants. 

Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead by the time he arrived at the ground floor. The landlord came into view, a retired teacher in his sixties. "Hello, ahjusshi. How are you?" 

"I'm good. How was your flight? I heard you just came back from... from..." 

"Phillipines." He finished the sentence. The old man laughed on his own. "Silly me. Finish up and take a rest." 

"I will. Thank you." He bowed once more. The landlord walked the opposite direction, leaving him alone. He proceeded towards the dustbin and threw the bags in one swing. The trash landed perfectly in the big dustbin. He dusted off his hands and washed them before going back.  

The vibrating phone of his startled him. He stopped his tracks and fished it out of his pocket. He checked the caller ID. Confirming who it was, he touched the screen to answer. “Hello?”

“That's me.”  

 

 

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don't ask. Yejin reminded herself to resist the temptation. She let him do what he wants as he stared intensely into the cup. While working on her findings he came to her desk and made her stand for five minutes cluelessly. 

Her lips were itching to ask why, but her mind stopped her from doing so. The last time she asked, he made her going around doing things. Things that ran her out. I better don't. She clenched her teeth to block the urge. 

"Where did you get this?" He continued to stare at the sunflower, the official logo of Cafe Bloom. Designed by yours truly. "My friend owns a cafe." Again, she had to refrain from muttering the word 'why'. "Your friend?" She nodded. 

"Why not clover?" 

"Clovers are too common these days. Sunflower is way better, they stood out-" Stop talking! Stop talking! Yejin quickly pressed her lips together and averted her gaze to the floor. What she missed was his smirk. Slowly she mustered u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter