Episode 33

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : I'm combining Episode 17 part 1 and part 2 into one chapter. Just ignore the notification of an update later. False alarm. Thank you.

 

 

제33회 

 

 

 

 

She stood there, hiding her pure evil beneath the angelic smile of hers.

Huh. Not so angelic at all, Yuri.

"Can I come with you?" She asked sweetly, aiming her sympathy to none other than Seolhee and the rest. However, Yejin knew better not to comply to her request. She rushed to Sungkyu's side and immediately whispers, "What is she doing here?"

"My bad. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kwon Yuri, Sungkyu's fiancee."

"Fiancee?!" The five of them, minus Sungkyu and Seolhee chorused in unison. Their glares directed towards Sungkyu, whom they aware currently dating Seolhee. He was already engaged to her while seeing my best friend? The news came as no surprise to Seolhee. Meaning she knows about this. Both thoughts had her riled up.

How dare they treat my best friend like that- "Sure." This time, all eyes were on Seolhee, mostly in disbelief. How can she cooly accepts another girl who's trying to take her man?

Sungkyu and Yuri are my bosses, but there's no way I am going to let them do as they please! Seolhee caught Yejin's arm just in time, knowing that her best friend is ready to pounce at Yuri. The latter can only growl at the heiress to display her objection.

“Do you know that my grandson has been arranged to marry an heiress in the near future?”

This is her. This is the girl they picked for Sungkyu. Yuri, she remembered, was the girl in Sungkyu's office and the audience to their spontaneous act of romance.

Yuri was a true epitome of an heiress; beautiful and elegant. Even while dressing for an outdoor activity, she managed to look fashionable as a model. Devil lured her insecurities as Seolhee starting to feel nothing compared to Yuri.

But she wasn't going to ruin the mood for everyone. She decided to be a good sport. "Join us, Yuri-ssi. The more, the merrier." Seolhee assures her with a smile, staying positive as much as possible.

"Really? This is going to be exciting, right Sungkyu?"

Kim Sungkyu, you'll be answering to me.

 

 

Going on a trip with your friends are supposed to be fun. Your hearts shared the same joy and anticipation of the chosen destination. We get to enjoy the view of nature along the way, entertain ourselves with singing and take pictures for memory keeping…

It reminds me of high school.

So far, this is the most silent trip ever.

Today’s driver was Jaehun accompanied by Kyung Il on the passenger’s seat. Yugyeom, Woohyun and Yejin took the back seat while Sungkyu trapped between Yuri and Seolhee in the middle row. Thirty minutes had passed and Yejin had her gaze fixed on Sungkyu since then. Glaring at him is more like it.

Instead to take Seolhee in his car, Sungkyu resorted to ride with the rest of them. He had to as Yuri insisted to ride with him and Seolhee coolly allowed them.

If it’s up to me, I’ll be pulling her hair and yell “Get lost!” but I’m way more civilized to do that. The menacing glare Yejin had continued piercing through Sungkyu. He grew uncomfortable in his seat.

Yejin ignored the fact, crossing her arms in annoyance. You should be thankful it was Seolhee sitting next to you, not me. 

Woohyun’s hand blocked her view from seeing Sungkyu. “Look at me.” His distraction worked as Yejin averted her gaze to him instead. “You look like an old lady.” He put two thumbs on her cheeks to bring out a smile.

The sound of their giggles lured Sungkyu to have a glimpse at the back.

They were entertaining each other; Woohyun kept forcing to make her stay still while Yejin counter attacks by clicking on the playlist whenever she can. He struggles not to let her get her hands on his phone and hit the ‘stop’ button. Either way, Woohyun managed to distract her.

“Let’s take a picture. You and me.” Yuri tugged his arm, securing him closer to her. However, Sungkyu escaped her grip. Ignoring Yuri, he leaned towards Seolhee with his head rested on her shoulder. “I’m feeling sleepy.” Both the girls had a mix of confusion and jealousy just as Sungkyu closed his eyes. Childish. Seolhee was baffled in the situation, whether to brush him off or enjoy Yuri's annoyed look.

This is going to be a long ride.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

Even when coming home to Busan, Yejin is still be able to haunt Hoya's thoughts.

"How's Yejin noona doing? How was the cake? It was my idea. Your welcome," Apparently, Sungjong could not keep his mouth shut as he fires questions right in front of their family members.

"You found a girl?" The eldest in their house, their grandmother perked up at once. Along with her, his mother and brother Hojun joined them in the living room to watch a live broadcast on television. However, their focus already shifted from the Girls Generation's Yoona to Yejin.

"Shin Yejin? Is she pretty?"

"How old is she? What does she do?"

"She baked a cake for you? How nice of her,"

"Yejin is super nice. He even saved her from an elevator." His cousin wriggled his eyebrows, truly enjoys the matchmaking in process. Hoya, on the contrary, struck by a headache from being bombarded with their curiosity. "Yejin and I..." He swallowed hard. "We were just neighbors."

Mrs. Lee got up first, pulling Hoya away with her. Just as the rest of them wanted to do the same, she warned, "Stay. Just me and my son." She said no more before they went upstairs.

Hojun, Sungjong and their grandmother exchanged looks with each other. The audience cheered for Jo In Sung who just won the Best Actor Award. "I'm her son too." Hojun spoke, faking a pout.

"Eat your popcorn, kid." 

 

 

She closes the door behind her, locking it as well. They were alone now. Mrs. Lee took a seat beside Hoya. "Do you want to share with me?" The motherly instincts of hers provide security and calmness over the years. With her, he can talk about almost anything.

Possibly, including Yejin.

He let out a sigh, clueless of where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter