Episode 62

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

제62회 

 

 

 

Fiancee?

One year is an unbelievable amount of time to meet someone, date them before tying the knot but then again Woohyun proved the whole theory wrong.

No matter how bad she wished to be anywhere but here, the voice in her head saved her from disgrace by telling her to keep smiling. Smile, Yejin. After all, she was the Happy Virus. The corner of her lips slowly grew upwards, painting a smile for Woohyun. 

That smile of hers is mocking him as if they are in a round of game, both competing to see who falls down first. It’s taunting him. It’s tormenting.

“I’ve heard about the wedding. Congratulations.”

However, Woohyun has more determination than before.

Wedding? Whose wedding? Jaejin oppa and Yuna’s?“How did you know?”

He is no longer the guy who ride on motorbikes and spent all day waiting tables for a living.

He is now an American graduate, a man with a future who can afford everything at one finger click.  He is now Nam Woohyun, Marketing Director of Eun Group Hotels. No girl, not even the one who broke his heart once will be able to sway him ever again.

“This hotel is one of ours.” He answered, nodding slightly as greeting a few hotel employees walked by. Their cheeks inevitably turn red seeing their superior greets them with a smile. Anyone would’ve been the same when their superior is good looking.

Is he showing off? Gosh, he sounded like Sungkyu back in the day.

No, I prefer Sungkyu better. At least he doesn’t smile at just anyone. Hmph.

She has yet to recover from their first meeting and Seolhee was initially her backup plan until that dear friend of hers decided to bail. I have to get out of here. She is running out of ideas, excuses or anything to keep their conversation going.

God finally answered her prayer or so she thought.

Woohyun’s ‘fiancée’ came into view, not even allowing Yejin to detest her timing.

Fortunate or not, that was her cue to go. She bowed for the last time before turning around, walking away from the couple. Her actions may be improper of leaving in the middle of their conversation but a woman's jealousy is nothing light and his fiancée might felt disturbed by her presence who was supposed to be a stranger.

Yejinlet out a sigh, now waiting for the next elevator to take her upstairs. She had been fidgeting for five minutes; her decision kept going back and forth between her room and the beach.

For now they were not seen taking the elevator which was good news for Yejin. She won't be running into them but that also means they were still somewhere in the lobby. Bad news for Yejin because her need to vent out has yet to go away.

"This isn't working." Her sigh is heavier this time. I'm pretty sure he can see right through me. I'm too obvious! "Ah, I really want to go to the beach so bad!" Yejin bit her lip hard. Everything she did today came back haunting her as more and more she thought of it.

I must have looked like a fool. Shin Yejin, what were you- Aish, I'm embarrassed to death!

Forgetting the world around her, she closed her eyes briefly feeling the pace of her own heartbeat beneath her palm. Though it was already slowing down back to normal, knowing how it spiked earlier was alarming yet amusing.

"Now I know what it feels like."

Did the other experience things like this too? I wonder. To think of those who have been in her shoes before, it must've been hard for them. Getting nervous, loss of words and sometimes getting caught up in odd situations for certain someone entertains only clueless audience.

Oh yeah. I hid under the table when he came to school. Come to think of it, that was funny.

But that's the past. She remembered. He is now taken.

I'm not a narcissist, but dear Lord forgive me for breaking too many hearts. Wait, I do sound like a narcissist. Ugh.

At least he's doing fine without me. Good. Well done.

The elevator doors split open and that was her cue. Yejin stepped inside the metal box, pressing number eight indicating her floor then the close button to bring her up. She finally exhaled.

Being within a confined space was actually relieving; Yejin no longer has to hold her breath though she didn’t realize she had been doing it the entire time.

But the elevator door didn’t close completely.

It wouldn’t because someone put his hand in between, forcing it to reopen. At the other side of the elevator stood Woohyun looking ready to eat her alive.

 

 

 

= = = = = = =

 

 

 

A few days back…

 

 

The entire hotel was busy; each and every one had errands to do and a deadline to meet which is very soon. Today’s main agenda is the arrival of the hotel’s newest owner represented by the Chairman’s nephew which was also the reason why the board of directors joined all the executives in the welcoming committee.

Namguk Hotel was owned by a foreign company until Eun Group Hotels got a hold of its lease. It took them a couple of years to re-establish it but now it is regaining its popularity among tourists. They recently held a re-opening ceremony promoting its new and improved image to the public.

A black car make its way into the foyer stopping right in front of lined up men in business suits. They were the hotel’s executives on the right side whereas a few investors standing on the opposite side simultaneously greeting the VIP with a bow.

A man who was sitting next to the chauffeur, Secretary Yoon opens the door for his patron and a young lady who finds the reception quite overwhelming. Whereas she steps out of the car with hesitation, her partner managed to put on a relaxed expression though he personally does not prefer such treatments.

“Welcome to Namg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter