Episode 3

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

제3회 

 

 

 

 

“Verified.”  She sighed in relief. Clocking out means she’s calling it a day. It was already thirty minutes passed ten. Calculating the time to get home by car, she can reach home by eleven. 

I am so tired. Luckily her car was parked right in front of the building so she won’t have to walk far. 

Next stop, home. 

Thankfully, the number of cars reduced at the hour. It would be a different situation in the morning where usually a one way trip takes almost an hour due to congestion. She stomped on the pedal harder, increasing speed in the process. It worked though. 

She parked her car next to Seolhee's. Her bag hangs lazily on her shoulder. The tiredness was reaching its peak. Soaking in the tub and a warm cup of tea would do the trick. And sleep. She needs sleep. 

"Home sweet home!" She put down her bag and threw herself on the couch. "Oh, hey," Seolhee waved back, fixing the mask on her face as she sat next to her. "Do we have rice?" Yejin tilted her head to the right. Seolhee let out a chuckle although it was hard to do with a mask on. Yejin accustomed herself to skipping dinners and only break the rules during special occassions, following her mission to lose some weight. Perhaps... "Did you not had lunch?" 

"I had bun and caramel macchiato from your place." A loud sigh escaped from her lips. Yejin have to eat rice at least once in a day. If she doesn't, her system will act up resulting in troublesome gastric. "Yejin," 

"I barely have the time. Team leader Kim kept me busy all day."

"Team leader Kim? Who's that?" Yejin slumped to the back of her seat. The image of the new director popped back into her mind. She recalled seeing his cold gaze and his lips that barely smile to anyone. Not even to her whom she met for the first day.

"May I have your attention please." The staffs rose to the arrival of Manager Park and a stranger next to him. She heard stories of him, but she decided to brush it off. First impression is important and she prefers not to ruin it because of baseless rumours. "This is our new director." 

Yejin took the chance to eye him from head to toe. Dressed up in luxury, his good looks added up to his points of charm except... he doesn't smile. He looked so serious. 

"I am Kim Sungkyu. I expect professionalism and productivity. No slacking on the job is allowed. One strike and you're out. Is that clear?" The room goes quiet. Everyone who expected a friendly speech was surprised by his stern voice. 

His gaze sharpened while everyone dared not to make an eye contact with him. "I hate repeating myself. Don't make me-" 

"Yes, team leader!" She stepped out, regretting her impulse seconds later. The rest remained in their own spot fearing they will endure the same fate of hers. She nervously averted her gaze as he approached her. 

"Name?" 

"I am Shin Yejin." She tried to sound friendly yet professional at the same time. He's actually tall. She slowly looked up to face the new director. "Sir." She attempted a smile but it turned into an awkward one when she realized he was still intimidating. "You're coming with me." She gulped.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter