Episode 56

The Heroine's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

제56회 

 

 

 

Actually, ignore what I said.

I think all that exercise combined somehow put weird thoughts into my head. I should’ve stop watching dramas until late at night. Yup, that must be it.

I’ve been watching Reply 1988 before Woohyun came, you see.

Duk-seon is super lucky. Aside from Dong-ryong and Sunwoo, I’m going back and forth between Jung-hwan and Taek.

 Taek is super quiet but he’s been forward with his feelings whereas Jung-hwan forced to keep it to himself since he knows about Taek’s. Come on, Duk-seon already likes you! Who cares about Taek?

I think I’ve heard this story somewhere before. What’s the name of that drama again?  

Whereas she’s fully absorbed in her thoughts, Yejin has yet to notice how he fixed his gaze on their hands as they walked side by side.

“Woohyun, do you know this?”

They just got into the karaoke room taking a detour from their original plan of having fun. Nothing has been going as planned to be exact. They’ve been going around to places, wherever that came into mind as long as there shall be no mention of Seolhee and Sungkyu in words.

Woohyun, being a gentleman as he is, gave a hand in setting things up enabling Yejin to make her songs’ choice first.

He used to be a frequent visitor to these places years before his parents passed away.  Singing runs in his blood. Yejin was not aware of this but then again, her only intention is to cheer him up.

Yejin finished choosing, three songs in total leaving more for Woohyun. “This is where Pilsuk- I mean IU took Wooyoung to in Dream High. You should’ve seen their version of Heartbeat. It’s hilarious.” She explains in full enthusiasm before giving the microphone to Woohyun. “Your turn.”

“Eh?”

“Pick your song. Let’s see what you got.”

Though singing is his what he likes to do, doing so in his current mood is not what he wishes the most. “Alright, I won’t say anything. Just sing your heart out and let it all go. You’ll feel better, I promise.” Her persuasion continues with a cute smile on her face similar to when she’s appealing to Jaehun for second cup of caramel macchiato.

For once, he decided to trust Yejin with his heart.

With their proximity, all he has to do is to grab her hand and interlace their fingers together. She related everything to dramas she saw and went on wishing how drama would spice up her ‘so-called boring’ life instead, he quoted her.  After all, Yejin loves drama.

Hoya would’ve seen her by now. The probability increases his mounting concern given today’s discovery. It’s only a matter of time before he finds out her residence, approaches her and resolves their matter. Resolve. He dares not to use the word ‘reconcile’.

“Woohyun,” Her nudge took him out of trance. If he could see his face right now, anyone can tell the one with a troubling heart is not Yejin but him though Yejin is also has her own concerns regarding that certain someone. Don’t tell him. “You seem distracted. Care to share?”

What? I’m a good listener. Ask anyone.    

Perhaps it is the best to come clean. The main point is Yejin’s happiness, the very reason he ran to her in the first place; to ensure she’s not drowning in sorrow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter